It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US police officers 'shot near air base'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

US police officers 'shot near air base'

news.bbc.co.uk

Four police officers have been shot dead near the McChord Air Force Base in Washington State, US media report.
A sheriff's department spokesman told KOMO-TV that the officers were shot at the east side of the air force base.
The officers were ambushed as they were at a coffee shop, according to a report from CNN.
A sheriff spokesman described the shooting as an ambush. The air force base is in Pierce County, 40 miles south of Seattle.
More to follow.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
WTF is going on over there!!!

Will comment better when i find out more.

They were ambushed so it sounds like an assasination with someone waiting for them.

Any one know the area or rumours/reasons floating around?

It is near another airbase!

:O:O:O:O

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11/29/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
ATS link to story

I took my family and picked up roots and left this very area just over 2 years ago. For the simple reason that crime there is getting worse. Above is a link to this story that has already been posted.

However, to answer your question, I don't really know if this was an assassination. Revenge, maybe. I have been to this coffee shop on a number of occassions. Steele Street in Parkland (kind of a Tacoma suburb) is not the greatest area. A few gangs. So I would lean towards a gang that had one of their own (or more) assaulted or arrested by officers getting their revenge.

Either way, it's just sad.

Edit to add: Yes, this is just north of McChord Air Base. But I don't know how it is involved with the base in the least bit.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by dariousg]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The city where this happened is a very high crime part of washington state. I never drive in lakewood with the windows down and doors unlocked if you know what I mean. I'm 20 miles away and I wonder if this is gang violence or a three letter agency OP.

Here is the video on the local news site about the officers that just got shot.

www.king5.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

Yea but I didn't think gangs shot police officers!

Must be more to it than that and if there isn't and the police need more protection will you begin to see army patrolling the streets?

Where will that led or end?

Could that be the start of a higher military presence throughout america?

See where i'm going?

top topics

join