It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powers of 10 - Outer Galaxy to inner Atom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Hello ATS,

I was not sure were to put this so please move if need be

Im sure alot of us know just how small we are in the grand scale of the solar system and indeed the Universe as a whole, though i recently came across this fantastic video that describes just how small we are. Some may have seen this, and some may not, though its worth a watch again just as a reminder

Ive watched many recent video's on the same subject but this one was made [ i believe ] in the 1970's for IBM, in which it still holds strength 40 years on, and does so in laymans terms, very easy to understand lol

Enjoy

Be safe and be well

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
fantastic, thank you very much.
as above, so below.......

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Fantastic video! And to think, it didnt even get close to the edge of the universe. Its amazing to think that we know so much about something so incomprehensibly large and complex as the universe we live in.

A long way to go yet, though. I bet there are some astounding things still to be learnt.

Its interesting that in spite of our relatively diminutive size, we are now beginning to consider what might be beyond our universe and how it interacts with extra-universal bodies.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
cool video it makes me think of things
that this if your were to look at the scale starting from IN the atom
there IS a smalest point in wich to start but starting there you can contunu out words well to were ? the edge of the known unvirse ? farther ? its ends one way but goes out words Forever????? what does forever mean anyway?
how can there be a forever?
now try this scale absolute zero is -273.15 c ok now start heating it up
the question is whats absolute heated .In otherwords how hot can it get befor it cant get any hotter. Is there a limit i never heard of one have you? a million? some stars are hotter a bittion? a trillion?
so there two things in our unvirse that have begings but no endings as far as we understand

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Here's another scale. It's even freakier.

img19.imageshack.us...

There is some really big things moving out there, yet since it is holofractographic everything is entangled, from humans to photons, it's all one system.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
makes you think, could it be possible we are just one small cell of a truly larger being?
The zoom out of our galaxy looks like a hirricane, could we be pone small part of an even larger earth?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by sgrrsh26
makes you think, could it be possible we are just one small cell of a truly larger being?

Hello, ya know thats what ive been pondering over since becoming a spiritual person. This video seems to indicate that indeed. I hope one day we will gain the knowledge to know just how we are part of this universe. The answers await us

Wylee - that image is superb, it was shown in another thread a while back and i printed it out, blew it up and its now on my wall. Mind boggling to say the least, beautfull indeed. Thanks for sahring it again, especially for those who have not seen it

Be safe and be well.

join