It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NWO belief - PTSD or new religion?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Why is there such a widespread belief in a NWO govt, and why have such theories taken off in the last 8-9 years?

Two alternative theories I've been considering lately are that 1. we have been suffering from collective post traumatic stress disorder since 9-11 and the mental stress has caused us to cling to fantastic theories about who is behind it all.
Or 2. In the absence of religion our secular world has caused us to fill the void left by God with another unseen Hidden Hand which is guiding our destiny.

For the PTSD theory I note that pre 9-11 conspiracy theories were very much on the fringes of society. The "Elvis is alive" theory being a joke, and the only others being Moon landings, Roswell and ET cover-ups, and Kennedy. All plausible with well
reasoned arguments and good cause to doubt the official stories. But still on the fringes of mainstream society, and not connected to a wider and all encompassing evil.

Now look where we are - it's crept up on us gradually so that we haven't noticed, but we are now in a state where almost nothing can happen that isn't blamed on the USA or the NWO. Every war, natural disaster or economic problem is automatically assumed to be artificially manipulated - Weather machines, earthquake generators, fixing the price of a barrel of oil, every pandemic and disease is their creation, TV emitting mind control waves, toilet paper laced with bacteria...the list goes on. Some of this must surely have natural causes, and Russia, China and Iran - who are most certainly not NWO servants, must be doing some manipulation of their own. But noone's taking any notice of their activities, so they can do as they
please - the world's 1st terrorist attack using radiated material was not the NWO but Russia;

en.wikipedia.org...

More here about what Vaclav Havel, the respected Czech politician and playwright has to say about Russia,

www.telegraph.co.uk...

The point of the above is not to defend America or take sides, it is just to point out that the focus on USA/NWO as the source of the evil in the world is skewed and leaves us open to attack and manipulation from other forces.

Although I'm playing Devil's Advocate here, and I do beleieve in much of the NWO stuff, we should still be open to the possibility that our governments really are just incompetent goons lurching from one crisis to the next.

To believe this, however, is possibly more frightening than thinking that at least someone is in control. In the trauma following 9-11 who would have wanted to believe that the people we relied on to protect us were useless against a small group of psychos with boxcutters. Pure evil is frightening and incomprehensible, and so in a time of stress it is more comforting to turn on ourselves, to project blame onto something or someone more familiar. The explosion in theories blaming our own
goverments for everything that's wrong with the world is the result.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
The 2nd theory is more straightforward. The poet G.K Chesterton said that "When people stop believing in God, they don't believe in nothing— they believe in anything".

In other words, our new secular society is not fulfilling our spiritual needs, not giving us the authority figure our psyches seem to need. As a result, instead of attributing our fortunes or misfortunes to the whims of the Gods, we are now substituting the attributes of the Divine to our human masters, and any theory - so long as it blames these hidden, shadowy figures, can be believed. See the following thread as an example.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hidden_Hand isn't just presenting himself as a representative of a powerful family, he is God, he is playing the role that God used to play in our lives.

After all, how many names or faces can we put to this NWO? They are faceless, invisible and always just beyond our reach. And I would suggest that we avoid the exitless maze that is the Conspiracy Theory, and instead seek to influence that which we can see in our own backyard. The best way forward, even if war or economic collapse actually happens, is not to attack the faceless, but to help and assist those around us. In particular, small gestures towards our perceived enemies today will be our foundation for tomorrow. Fear and panic will achieve nothing.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Your use of PTSD is a little off. I have PTSD, but I served on the front lines of combat in the Iraq Invasion. I was so front lines that the first US (and Allied) individual to die got shot 30 feet from me. Delta Force and Green Beret got attached to my Marine Corps Infantry unit on April 10th and they took us to a hot spot inside Baghdad the next day. There was a near constant streak of combat for over 10 hours. RPG's flew by us, hit our vehicles... a guy next to me caught schrapnel on his forehead, my best friend got shot 3 separate times. I killed people and people tried to kill me... obviously. Thats what causes PTSD, not watching 9-11 on TV. Thats 'shock and awe', and yea it definately conditioned peoples minds and their belief systems.

PTSD is where people dont like to leave their 'safe zone' house or room anymore. They have nightmares at least once a week, intrusive thoughts almost every day, and for the really unlucky ones flashbacks.

I think what you are talking about is more of a conditioning to believe your unsafe, and that there are terrorists out there. I dont think you can call this a religion, but it is a belief system (which religions are as well). 9-11 was b.s., WMD's Bull# (look what happened to David Kelly, there were no prints on the knife but it took a freedom of information act and more than a year for that to come out). What your talking about is neuro linguistic programming via the 'news'. The news has proven to be a propaganda outlet. What is more shocking than 9-11 is what does not make it onto the news... for obvious reasons.

So no, PTSD is not the new 'religion'. And no, the masses do not suffer PTSD. What the masses suffer is the abstenance of an intelligence source with integrity. (((the media is far past the point of having a choice, if you dont spin stories you not only dont have a job, but your most likely smeared)))

Like I have said before, we are all just slaves to the system. Just kick back and watch and keep you head down. It is rather interesting.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by Chastral]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
It is comforting to believe that there is a cabal of powerful elites in control of everything. If we are living in a world where the elites are as incompetent and clueless as they are powerful, where does that leave us?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
If you take the conspiratorial angle away from your 'NWO belief" then you would have to be a fool to deny organizations like the W.H.O, U.N, World Bank are the not the tools of global governance, in action.

There are few countries left in the world that are not influenced by any of the above 'ABC" agencies, bar maybe North Korea, Burma, Iran etc.

Has that got you thinking?

What do these countries have in common?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by akkad

More here about what Vaclav Havel, the respected Czech politician and playwright has to say about Russia,

This guy was my President for 13 years. At start I was really proud of him. But then things start to pile up. He is inventor of term "humanitarian bombardment", he signed PNAC, he never say direct word against western elites or lack of democracy and evolving police state. He is sound supporter of Afghan and Iraq war. I think picture is sometime better than 1.000 words - please check this photo.

Article is talking about celebration of 20. year after "revolution". To be honest - people who are not totally manipulated by media are very skeptic about last 20 years. Russia didn't and do not pose a threat to us - it is our business partner at first. What I'm afraid is EU/NATO/UN/WHO/WTO/USA - every of these organizations is bigger threat to world then Russia could be in near future.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by zeddissad]

top topics

join