It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Had to walk away from the girl i love..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
She was my best friend, it's hard to explain but i can't be anywhere near her now, i love her too much... I guess i got jealous but i only ever wanted reassurance.

She doesn't want the restraints of a relationship, she told me she was afraid 'she might not love me as much as i loved her', she was torn, so am i... She didn't want a relationship but she'd travel to me and stay with me and for those few hours every week, everything would be amazing.... But she would always leave and be vague and keep me guessing...

Last night i asked her if we could be together, she said no... I think she wants the best of both worlds, she wants my love and she wants her freedom and she likes to keep me guessing...

Decided to stay away from her now. So we don't hurt each other. The next few months are gonna be painful for me...

Life sucks sometime....

/sigh

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

*hugs*
I'm really sorry, Lizard.

This seems to be a really, really bad week for relationships across the world. I have a bunch of friends in similar situations right now.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Look dude, I'm going to give you a little advice. It might seam crazy but if you do it you will walk away feeling she was not for you.

Serenade her.

Go to her house or work and serenade her. Choose your song wisely.

If you do this, I guarantee you you will be the only man in her life who ever will. Things like this turn the tied of the heart and if she does not fall in love tell her you have to work on a song for another girl.

It will definitely make her think of what she is giving up.

Choose a very simple song the the corny er the better.

Here is one I suggest...

It works and the good thing is no one does it.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Thanks for your replies.

Somehow i don't think serenading her would be the right answer, I can't sing for buttons...

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
dont worry man im crushed too xD i cant find even a girl,everyone around me are happy couples. its nice to share ): life sux

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Very good decision. I bet it hurts like hell, but you know its for the best.

I hate how all the relationship advice around here is based on some sort of idealistic happy ending. Sometimes the best thing you can do for your own self is let go.

I am right there with you. My ex girlfriend came back to me last week. I love her more than anything and all I wanted to do was say yes.. But I know what the future holds and I had to turn my back on her.

Love is a powerful thing, and it doesn't always allow us to make healthy decisions, but I can see that you did something for your mental and spiritual health by saying enough is enough.

Relationships can be healthy, or they can be addictive.

Good job, bud. It won't feel good for awhile but I guarantee you'll eventually find self-empowerment through it.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

Thanks a lot man, that gives me strength.

If i could buy you a drink i would.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Gah still feeling empty though. Just wish i could cry but i can't...

:bnghd:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Hey, I feel for you mate. She wants friends with benefits, and you want a relationship.

To be honest the only way she will see what she is missing is when you don't contact her or give her anything she is asking for.

Question - did you both agree to have this friends with benefits thing and you then started having feelings for her?

Because if Yes, then there is not much you can do, if No then you have done the right thing.

Hope all works out for you

- Oni

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oni x x

Question - did you both agree to have this friends with benefits thing and you then started having feelings for her?

- Oni

Thanks Oni.

No from the start i told her she was beautiful, i din't hide my feelings from her... But she's always been vague and mysterious and at first i liked that about her (still do to a point) but it's crushing me now, crushing me not knowing how she feels about me... hurts me being so far away from her too..

But maybe as much as its hurting me now, it won't hurt half as much than if she had dumped me.

I'm torn between walking away and never seeing her again which hurts because i shared a lot with her and i can't even think about finding another girl that i could feel so at home with... but then i don't wanna stick around her and then have to torture myself if she found another man.

Life is a cruel bastard sometimes...

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Do not beat yourself up over it. You probably moved too fast really. The best thing you can do is go out meet a few new girls and do not try to contact her. If and when she does do not repeat do not be immediately accommodating to her, you yourself be a little mysterious and you will probably be just fine. But by all means dont hold out the hope of it happening it may or may not, but do go out and find some fun.

Give yourself a little time but not too much, and have fun.

new topics

top topics

join