It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs in Norway (40 min. footage)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This footage is from Drivdalen, located a few miles south-west of the more famous Hessdalen valley, in central Norway.

The footage is not available on youtube yet, but here is a link to it:

UFO Drivdalen 2001 (full video)

At first, there is one ”light”, then two and in the end - three ”lights” in a triangle formation. When the lights are dimmed down, one can clearly see that these are solid objects (not gas/plasma).

It was recorded back in 2001, and a two and a half minute sequence of the footage has been available from Project Hessdalen’s video section since then.

www.hessdalen.org...

In the short version, every sequence where the phenomenon looks like a solid object, is removed. The ”mothership”sequence at the end of the footage is removed as well. One can only speculate about why they removed the most interesting parts.

For the first time, the almost 40 minutes long video is available.

I made a transcription of the dialogue:

Transcription Drivdalen 2001

Some screenshots:

What do you think?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Aspåskjølen

Aspåskjølen,great post.

I have absolutely no idea what the objects shown in the video are - particularly in the footage around 31:45 and 33:44.
www.blip.tv...

Theres some other interesting reading (and footage) at this thread and its been suggested that some of the sightings in the area are due to mineral deposits in the earth reacting with the local climate - the reason why I found your video so interesting is because, like you say, the footage appears to show actual objects (which are also visible for extended lengths of time).
As for why the footage was edited and the most interesting bits removed -I don't know why that could be.

Skål.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
great post, I remember seeing something about this on ats in 2003, but no video... great find. This is really legit.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I quickly got bored looking at a unfocused Christmas light flashing in the background. I jumped ahead a few minutes, and continued to see the same blob. Nothing here folks...move along.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Hi,
I got not so bored (quite the opposite) and watched it through. That must have been a great sight. At the beginning of the video I was reminded a little of those little Plasmaballs you can buy for your fancy living room. But especially the part karl12 pointed out is really very interesting looking.
Very cool find and worth watching. So much better than the usual orb/lantern.
Cheers

[edit on 29-11-2009 by derpif]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Drove to Hessdalen a couple of years ago, it took me perhaps 5 hours of driving, saw nothing of course and drove back somewhat frustratet...and now I understand I should have driven just a couple of more miles to Drivdalen, oh noes ...
I was in the wrong valley all the time

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
I quickly got bored looking at a unfocused Christmas light flashing in the background. I jumped ahead a few minutes, and continued to see the same blob. Nothing here folks...move along.

Good to see scientific curiosity is alive and well on ATS

@OP Great thread, you've put some work in doing the transcript, it's appreciated
. The objects are bizarre. The transcript mentions that the objects are 'jumpy'. Do you know if this was filmed with a tripod as he seems to have done a very good job of keeping the objects in shot.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I suppose a christmas light explains the big object at 33:25

Here's a photo, Aspåskjølen already showed it, but you have to move the slider due to the forum stretching.

While this object was on screen I was looking carefully to the noise pattern and it goes over the object too. I doubt this is CGI. Well, obviously it doesn't seem to be CGI, but at least the noise could prove it.

Forgot to add: thank you, Aspåskjølen, for sharing the video. It's one of the best I've seen!

[edit on 29-11-2009 by Spinotoror]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarrsAttax
Do you know if this was filmed with a tripod as he seems to have done a very good job of keeping the objects in shot.

Don't know. I was wondering about that myself. I emailed the leader of the norwegian Project Hessdalen team asking for background information, but no response yet.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
This is amazing, im hoping its not just another hoax, getting tired of those by now.

But the video really blows your mind, thanks for that.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Spinotoror

I could be wrong but the strange half circular shape looks like a reflection in the car window

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c6d5fd8e6306.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by remymartin
reply to post by Spinotoror

I could be wrong but the strange half circular shape looks like a reflection in the car window

Sure does. Good eye.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by remymartin

Nice! Though it would be difficult for the camera to focus it while zooming.. But it could be!

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Watch from 35:00 on the video the reflection stays in the same place in regards to the speedomiter when the camera moves.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Wasn't Norway also the place where those "Ghost Rockets were sighted shortly after World War 2?
I find this footage really amazing! I downloaded it immediately, it could be gone soon.

BTW, could this be the effect of an electrostatic vortex?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikhart
This is amazing, im hoping its not just another hoax, getting tired of those by now.

I’m quite sure this is not a hoax. In my opinion, the dialogue sounds very realistic.

At 23:22 for example, - the first time it looks like a solid object: Their voices are shaking (the woman clearly sounds anxious), they whisper, and you can hear they are breathing faster.

I hope this comes ”through” in my translation. (Sorry for the spelling and bad grammer btw.)

The fact that a clip from this footage is available from Project Hessdalens video section page, should indicate that they view the entire footage as authentic.

In addition, Massimo Teodorani, from the Italian committee for Project Hessdalen, mention this video in one of his papers: Some final notes on the rebuttal phenomenon

Before that mission I had received from Erling Strand a video cassette coming from Hessdalen [66]. The video was taken on January 18, 2001 by a couple of casual Norwegian persons who were located 8 km south of the town Oppdal, which is west of Hessdalen. For more than half an hour they filmed an event in the sky in which a shapeless light phenomenon was turning into a perfect isosceles triangle. The person who made the video was wise. He “calibrated” the anomalous event by aiming his videocamera at a luminous star and then zooming it, in the same way in which the real light phenomenon was zoomed, in order to exclude any possible instrumental effect due to various causes such as camera diaphragm regulation, focusing or else. The zoomed star (with magnitude slightly smaller than the real light event) was just a circle, while the phenomenon was a perfect illuminated triangle. So the phenomenon was real. I have some reasons to suspect that it is the same kind of phenomenon as the one which in summer 2001 appeared to us as a rectangle. Of course the CIPH fellows ignored that video of ours as well as they ignored the Oppdal video. They just “archived” them.

(Oppdal south = Drivdalen)

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Of course the CIPH fellows ignored that video of ours as well as they ignored the Oppdal video

Have you by any chance seen the other video he mentioned, maybe even a link?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by derpif

Have you by any chance seen the other video he mentioned, maybe even a link?

I think he's talking about this multiple light event:

One of the lights to the right takes the shape of a rectangle:

Rectangle

Assumed shape

[edit on 29-11-2009 by Aspåskjølen]

[edit on 29-11-2009 by Aspåskjølen]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Fixed it.
Hm, not so interesting like that in your opening Post, but still worth a look.
Anyway, thank you for posting it.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I’d like to set further focus on the ”solid object” sequences in this video.

Some still frames

In Hessdalen, a geophysical mechanism producing light balls similar to the ones of ball lightning, are able to explain some aspects of the phenomenon. But some data remains unexplained. To investigate them, also the ETV (Extraterrestrial Visitation) hypothesis is taken into account, -the possible evidence of visitation of “exogenous probes” inside our solar system.

Source:
A physical study of the Hessdalen anomaly and the SETV hyphotesis
Physics of Atmospheric Luminous Anomalies - a sieve for SETI?

Are the still images showed above how an ET-probe looks like?

From the same paperI linked to in one of my posts above:

During the EMBLA 2000 mission we were approached over our vertical by a triangular-shaped object which was lighted only at his vertices and which was moving rectilinearly towards us from south [41: p. 11]. Five witnessess (all scientists) looked at it from two different positions of the valley. We couldn’t document it because it was moving and we didn’t have a videocamera with us at that time. I just aseptically briefly documented the event in our report of that time. Few days later two of us were approached (90 m from us) by a small elliptical object (about 40 cm in diameter) at the Aspåskjolen observing site [41: pp. 11-12]. I took a photograph of that little object while it was hovering close to the trees in front of us. Later I analyzed the photo and I ascertained that such a low-luminosity translucent object was sharply structured. Two contiguous events of such an importance made us suspect that we were approached by something sentient. But this was only an emotional impression, not a rational verification. Both events were certainly very impressive.

In the ambit of an international team of scientists (including important plasma physicists) we are studying these specific phenomena too, but we’ll never give official announcements until the scenario will be scientifically clarified. We have chosen not to show or discuss these data to the public. I can only tell that we are studing them in the ambit of a collaboration whose component names are secret so far.

Therefore we decided to remain silent on some “hardcore” evidences, and dedicate our detailed presentations and publications only to a part of the light phenomenon. We can also mention publicly that there exist some “extra-peculiarities”, but we are not willing to go into details for the general public. In this sense we have definitively closed the door and we’ll come out only, if and when it will be the case, and we’ll do it first within the official environment of physical science and of consciousness studies. It will be a hard task but we willingly accepted the challenge.

This Drivdalen-footage (full video) might be part of the evidence, I suppose.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Aspåskjølen]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join