It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy theorist....?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Hi my fellow ATS members,

This is just a random question that I would like to pose for the ATS community. At what point did you realize that things are not as they appear to be? To reiterate, when did you become a "conspiracy theorist"? Was there an event that moved you and really opened your mind? How did you become interested in conspiracies?

Any and all replies are greatly appreciated and well respected.

Thank you all
Yours Truly,

ReAlIzAtIoN

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
My first notion of a conspiracy? Hmmm... good question.

I'd have to say the JFK assasination and the events which happened immediately afterwards. There was Oswald's killing, which seemed suspicious to me at the time. There was also the Mafia, which was ticked off over issues with Cuba.

All of that made me wonder if something wasn't being covered up.

Of course, I was just a student at the time and the internet itself was only a dream, but that was the first memory of a possible conspiracy.

Now, the world seems full of them.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Internet really brought things out there, can't argue against that.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ReAlIzAtIoN

It sure did... I'm reading conspiracies daily now.

Was there one that you could point to as your first conspiracy as well?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Well, in my case it wasn't a specific event per se. It was actually a professor who really made me alter the way I think and perceive reality. A few years ago, I took a literature course, the professor who taught that class spoke a lot about 9/11 and the possibility of a cover-up. He kept mentioning different events and provided us with books that really changed once way of thinking. After that class, I decided to do my own research and look at things from a different perspective. Not necessarily that I'm correct on these events, but it's always good to look at things from both directions. That's how I became a so called conspiracy theorist.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
For me it stared when I was 8, and I thought about why we had to take orders from "them", and what made "them" have more rights and more power than us. Them was the US government. I was also interested in ghosts and aliens at that age too.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

At the age of 8? That's very impressive, a lot of people at 8 do not care about things of that nature, I assume.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Hmmm when did i start questioning things.

I was young, and intrigued by mysteries on TV. SIGHTINGS was great! I used to watch that when i was like 6 or 7?

when the show didint come on anymore, my interest in Aliens, UFO's etc died out.

Yeaaaars later, my friend showed me a UFO video, and also this was around the same time Youtube came out. so i started to look for UFO videos, and then i started reading other conspiracies.

i guess the UFO subject got me started, i would still have my head in the sand if it wasn't for the UFO subject!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

My first was finding out that in london they use electronic mind control in schools in 1992. When i first got the net in 99, i looked for info on mind control, but there was none and there really have kept this stuff so secret.

Not much i could do about finding this out in 92, but today i have learned alot more.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I can't remember the exact moment but here are two things that solidified it for me. I came across this book called " Lies My Teacher Told Me" about much o what the teachers teach you in school about American History was dead wrong and why it was wrong.

here's a link to the Book. rs55.rapidshare.com...

Next, is I used to sell health supplies. It was noted that when a persons health got better their symptoms of disease started to go away and the people get healed. This started a life long study of the medical industry and they lies they tell us about our bodies, our food and our medicine.

A Little reading: Soil and Health -www.soilandhealth.org...

This site is full of free e-books you can get concerning all matters of natural health. There is a lot of Natural Hygiene books here as well as books from a popular Natural Hygiene author Dr. Herbert Sheldon. Natural Hygiene a school of health that is the - "Science of health through Proper Nutrition"

It teaches you how to detoxify the body of years worth of chemical build up that can cause disease and complicate the healing process. It teaches not only what foods you should eat and why but How you should eat. This is a most often over looked area of nutrition. It turns out the body will fail to process all foods the same way with the same efficiency. Some foods should never be mixed with other foods at the same time. If you eat in the manner described, the body will be able to absorb all nutrients and vitamins in the food and further break the waste down properly to be eliminated without it backing up an causing problems like gas or clogging your colon.

You have to sign up via email to download the books, but it is free.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Conspiracy theorist is a derogatory term used to discredit an opponent in a debate. It is like accusing someone of holocaust denial.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by spiderfingers

Yes we are aware of that, it's just to make a question more simple.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
What made me think this way?

Ever since I was young I thought: There's always weird explanations for events that are happening in this lifetime that I thought were abnormal.

Why?

Because the gov't is hiding something from everyone.
(that's the conspiracy theorist in me)

There's a conspiracy everywhere you look.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by spiderfingers
Conspiracy theorist is a derogatory term used to discredit an opponent in a debate. It is like accusing someone of holocaust denial.

If you feel that way, read my thread in my sig file. that's exactly what it talks about.. why it is that conspiracy theorist are looked down on and how it got the way it is. You may enjoy it.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

It was when I learned that LBJ ordered the killing of JFK. From two good sources...

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Actually there where stages.....first one in 1978, had to do with UFO's, myself and approx. 30 others observed two crafts. And afterwards, no mention of the sighting was ever reported. That sparked my interest in why? But right after this I joined the Army, and that kind of side tracked my interests for a few years.
The real eye opener happened later when I discovered the deceit of the Federal Government and the reading of the book First Man, Then Adam. I had such a rude awaken that year, 1989...... I stated once that there are so many CT's that there must be a common denominator that linked them all. Then the grand-daddy of them all came to my attention, the NWO. It hasn't been the same since......

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

Are you sure of that? Care to share a little more? I have my theroies, but it included people higher up the chain then LBJ.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
weird. I became one when I get internet connection, mostly because our government is a little too naive and if there's something "ultra top secret" one time or another it came to surface (and I'm not kidding at all).
I never believed the s*** of the men in the moon anyway, and also some aspects of facts happening in other sides of the world that came by the mass media were very suspicious, for example, the Gulf War, that was broadcasted via CNN here (I was like 6 y.o), but the real suspicions started in 1998 and my first computer with internet access
I also believed in UFO's and paranormal when little.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
How did you feel when you started to uncover other ways of looking at different events? In my case, I felt very sad to be honest. I felt as if we've been led down and people seem to not notice or care. At time I felt crazy because I didn't want to look at other ways of looking at things. I thought if I forget about it, maybe these thoughts would go away. Unfortunately they didn't which led me to investigate more and more of these conspiracies. But I guess I'm glad I didn't ignore other ways of looking at things and not afraid to speak my mind now.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
My first was finding out that in london they use electronic mind control in schools in 1992.

Care to explain how you discovered this?

top topics

join