It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The fall of Dubai World! Commercial real estate is NEXT!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Seriously....take a look at the big picture. If you can see the forest for the trees on this one, your eyes will be vastly opened. This is bigger than just Dubai. The house of cards is falling....

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by behindthescenes

Well yes if you have the money up front to buy commercial real estate now is the time.

But if you depend on loans in order to buy commercial real real estate your in trouble because the banks giving the loans are going to end up in the same situation as all the banks that gave out loans for homes.

It's the beginning of the same thing we saw in this past real estate bubble that popped last year.

First the price drops, then you have the defaults, the ones you buy on auction, then you have banks spreading rumors of not having any money, this leads to drop in stock and collapse of bank. Now all sustained commercial real estate loans get sold to other bank at pennies on the dollar, this means the contract and interest rate of the loan is void and a new one can be implemented. This leads to more defaults until all assets become toxic.

No more loans for commercial real estate, no more money being passed around, no more malls and shops, loss of jobs.

Like you said it has all ready happened. The moment The American people realise this once it's trickles into mainstream news they will start to hoard and save as unemployment skyrockets.

The Dubai news is just the first of many more news reports to come. CRE is a market and Dubai is an icon of what that market is doing, crashing.

All commercial real estate will eventually end up in the hands of a few top people all practically given to them for pennies while we all start wishing for anything that will bring this poverty to an end.

It's the second wave of the tsunami in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Universal Light

Exactly!

There really is no reason to panic or feel afraid of the inevitable.

Buy a few months of food and drinking water. You will sleep better at night if you do trust me.

Rice and Water will do fine, you can store rice in one of those big plastic trash cans and have several months of stored drinking water for the rice and for drinking.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Agree. Check out the other site with that search I gave you. It will blow your mind away.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Universal Light

Holy crap!!!!

You were not joking buddy there really might be a little bit more to this Tiger Woods deal than meets the potato!

Take a look at this folks. Here we have proof of troubles in Dubai way back in an article dating back to June 5, 2009.

Tiger Woods says Dubai course on hold

There is only a small snippet of the full article.

DUBLIN, Ohio — The first golf course Tiger Woods is designing might not be the first to open.

Woods said today that construction on Al Ruwaya Golf Course in Dubai is on hold because of the economic meltdown in the United Arab Emirates, pushing back the scheduled opening by at least six months.

That's all there is but if you click on the link that is supposed to go to the archived article under the snippet you get this.

Sorry no article

How could be no articles in a search for "Tiger Woods says Dubai course on hold" on the Boston Herald site if I'm not only using one of their links about also searching using their same title of the article?

There is definitely much more to this Dubai fall. I'm still reading.

Thanks for the heads up Universal Light.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire
Yes, id really like to see where this story go's. I read in one of yesterdays papers that the impact that Dubai had when it asked for a extension on its loan payments, was similar to the collapse in stock when the Leyman Brothers went under. Im sure the figure that Dubai owes is about 36 billion.

I always wonder about that Palm Tree Island and Global warming and rising tides... Maybe the financal tide will make a bigger wave than the physical rise in tides...

I'm almost 100% it is 60 billion owed.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

en.wikipedia.org...

Interesting. Maybe Tiger got in a fight with his wife after this whole Dubai mess unfolded. Wow!

It says the stupid golf course would require 4 million gallons of water a day. What a waste of time, money and energy. God this world is such a joke sometimes. Build a billion dollar golf course in the desert when people are starving and the US is in shambles economically speaking. Tiger Woods is just another elitist slimeball.

web.tigerwoods.com...
Judging by his website he's got two golf courses under construction and one under design. HAHAH LOL looks like he's about to lose A LOT of money! Douchebag!

[edit on 29-11-2009 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Well lets put things into perspective.

Tiger Woods is filthy rich, but he sure as hell does not have the money to pay for the construction of a golf course so he gets a group of investors and forms Tiger Woods design. TWD joins Tatweer which is a member company of Dubai Holding for the golf course.

This means that if the golf course is not a sure success that Tiger Woods and all the investors involved with TWD and Tatweer are still responsible for the money owed on the financing of the golf course.

So in other words Tiger Woods is bankrupt!

I think his wife would wish he had an affair over both becoming absolutely broke if you ask me.

Now on to The Dubai Holding company. Dubai holding is 99.67% Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum the ruler of Dubai government. This guy has invested so much money into Dubai and is tied to so many other companies around the world even the UK and the US most are secret.

But the ones we do know about are Dubai Ports world which owns P&O of the UK.

In March 2006, it purchased the Peninsular and Oriental Steam Navigation Company (P&O) of the United Kingdom, which was then the fourth largest ports operator in the world, for £3.9 billion ($7 billion), beating a bid from Singapore's PSA International of £3.5 billion. P&O is one of the most famous names in British business, having been the largest shipping operator in the world at one time. DP World has promised to keep P&O's headquarters in London.

P%O also is involved with the US.

P&O operated major U.S. port facilities in New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Baltimore, New Orleans, and Miami. After the deal was secured, the arrangement was reviewed by the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States headed by the U.S. Treasury Department and including the Departments of State, Commerce, and Homeland Security. It was given the green light, but soon after, both Democratic and Republican members of Congress expressed concern over the potential negative impact the deal would have on port security.

P&O was also the first thing to cause Bush to use his Veto power!!!

On February 22, 2006, President George W. Bush threatened to veto any legislation passed by Congress to block the deal, which would be the first time in his presidency he would exercise the privilege. In a statement to reporters, Bush claimed, "It would send a terrible signal to friends and allies not to let this transaction go through."[3] Supporters of the deal claimed that the UAE were friendly to America, as the emirates allow U.S. warships in the Persian Gulf to dock in their ports and re-supply their ships with oil, food and other goods for free. Crew members are allowed shore leave in the country and entertain themselves free in malls and movie theaters.

Wiki - Dubai Ports World

So this guy defaulting on his debts could have MAJOR impacts on a lot of stuff that we don't even know about! I mean Every Big shot with bucks was throwing money or taking out loans for Dubai, hell even Tiger got bit.

Not Good.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
dubai world is a company, abu dahbi is the country...the country has trillions, and it is not crashing. the company put off it's debt repayment 6 months and it owes 60 billion. the royal family got pissed off at junior for not being fiscally responsible with the company he runs, and cut off his funding.

Dubai is a State. Abu Dahbi is a State. Yes, both are also Cities, so they are City-States.

United Arab Emirates is a country.. a country of City States.. er, like ancient Greece. And no, it does not have Trillions. In fact, Dubai has nothing what so ever.. they are a few hundred billion in the hole, if you count the money being loaned from Abu Dahbi's central bank (Which is the Central bank of the entire UAE.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Yep, piece by piece this "civilization" of ours is being taken apart. Weve reached a singularity on all levels socially,technology,art, music,fashion.EVERYTHING. As we approach the end point everthing starts to collapse, go wrong and fall to pieces. It's happening with the economy, the weather, social decay, virus's,increase in wars you name it.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Glad you did some follow up looks. This gets really deep. The middle elites were double crossed by the high elites. They were told whatever (mass depopulation, new world order/one world government) and that they would all rule from Dubai. The high elites took them for all their money. Some of these middle elites are pissed off.

Tiger being as arrogant as he is, said he was going to tell everything he knows. Then he was visited (the accident) and reminded of why he must be silent. It was a message. If he kept going, they would kill him. Hence the strange public statement he made today where he really didn't say anything. Take a look at how many middle elites are invested heavily into Dubai. Tiger is not the only one although he is one of the most prominent.

Think about this....you drive the price of oil through the roof, then you get massive bailouts, then you rob the middle elites. What is the commonality in all this? Maximum extraction of the worlds money.

For what?

cb3blog.files.wordpress.com...

Their plan has failed miserably. It is time for them to escape and they don't care about anyone else. Of course....there's no way this is going to work.

The house of cards is literally falling in front of our faces. The time for the world to open its eyes is now.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Building air- and sand castles in the desert seem to be taking its toll, the place where it still works is in Nevada where people getting volunteerly robbed of their money..The projects in Dubai where just too many and to expensive, i believe they also planned to build a new city with a university and service projects so they didnt have to rely so much on the oil in the future, but it was all to megalomane
Are people here also familiair with the Palm invest mutual funds?[said to be for the palm island] In january 2008 it was already announced this was a fraud which costs many people their hard earned money, the two Dutchmen Danny Klomp en Remco Voortman of the fund boughted yachts and all with the money from the funds, eventually they where kidnapped in Antwerp [the kidnappers said they where a rich jewish family in Antwerp and actually dressed as orthodox jews!]and got their toes cut off, hehe..[i believe it was just a blackmail kidnapping]

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Guys, this debt situation was prematurely overstated.

This also falls more or less on European firms, this has NOTHING to do with the USA market.

Notice in the markets, the east and west are fine, while the Euro zone is unstable at this point (reflecting market activity)

This has nothing to do with commercial real estate as well, I am not sure where you are drawing these conclusions.

If anything, this will be a FLIGHT TO QUALITY (US DOLLAR) and US EQUITIES AND/OR DOLLAR Should GO HIGHER because of this.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

haha!!
i love it, tiger woods is a whinebaby. throwing his clubs around when he makes a bad shot or something. hes a huge elitist whinebaby... i hope he losses millions over this.

i see the dubai thing all over the news but i still dont quite understand whats going on.. looks big tho and im really surprised its not getting more attention here on ats which is why i flagged it.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Come on guys..Tiger Woods now?

You think he even has time to think about the credit situation in Dubai?

This is prob. the most rediculous $hiznoz I've ever read on this site next to reptile babies and all that.

This guy is easily the busiest athlete on the planet etc.. this is retarded.. you think he puts all 1 billion of his dollars into Dubai?

Hahaha.. people like this have 10-15 financial advisors working with groups of lawyers layering out his money into accredited investments ranging from oil to wheat and soybeans to the Auzzie Dollar.

Sorry - this is retarded

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
Guys, this debt situation was prematurely overstated.

This also falls more or less on European firms, this has NOTHING to do with the USA market.

Notice in the markets, the east and west are fine, while the Euro zone is unstable at this point (reflecting market activity)

This has nothing to do with commercial real estate as well, I am not sure where you are drawing these conclusions.

If anything, this will be a FLIGHT TO QUALITY (US DOLLAR) and US EQUITIES AND/OR DOLLAR Should GO HIGHER because of this.

\

The Nikkei, Hang seng, kospi they all went down, meanwhile you where eating stuffed turkey on friday so the markets where closed there, i think they're about to open about now? i dont think the ME markets and commercial real estate will step in US currency or equities because it has quality?
..Besides the price of oil dropped[hard], also no good news for the dollar...

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

except hang seng was up over 711 points or something last night - dollar is rising this morning, equities are flat.. what else?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

Also, it is known the

US DOLLAR IS A SAFEHAVEN IN TIMES OF TROUBLE

This is a FACT, not OPINION my friend

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Two words: Donald Trump.
He's the biggest scam artist in the land. He gets celebrities hooked and takes their money. Like Madoff but with real estate investments. He was the developer of Dubai World, no? Like freeking Fantasy Island turned to dust.
What are all those rich people suppose to do with all that money anyway? They should pay the national debts. Oh wait, they will, only they will pay the Middle East.

About stockpiling water and rice. Don't forget diamatrous earth (DE) for the rice or the bugs will get it.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

I dont think he was.. ill look

EDIT:

Dubai World is an entity of Dubai govt actually I believe off the top of my head.. DT might have a hotel there or something dude.. dont quote me on that though

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join