It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fragmentation vs Wholeness: Why there is no sense of connection in America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
An important essay I just wrote:

"Fragmentation vs Wholeness: Why there is no sense of connection in America"
www.happierabroad.com...

Let me know what you all think!

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Instead, America engineers its people to think that they are selfish individuals in competition with one another who are segregated by their “individual freedom”. And it’s beaten into them that “no one cares about you; only you can take care of yourself; it’s every man for himself” under the name of “individualism”. In other words, America divides its people, fragments them, and makes them feel empty on the inside, so they will be weak, controllable and over-consume to fill that emptiness that they don’t even consciously recognize. It’s not a jurisdictional control, more like a psychological form of control, which the public is unaware of

Just wanted to highlight this very observant part of your essay which sums up nicely what is going on.

'Conrollable' is the key word

I beleive the problem lies in the root cause which is capitalism aka greed which whatever anyone says is at the heart of capitalism and its worst byproduct as it brings out the worst socialogical characteristics.

Whether any one individual or group of individuals is capable of erradicating capitalism or even for starters 'tweeking' it i don't know, i'd like to think that one day a revolution will happen though.

Here are some ideas I've been playing around with:

The problem with modern society as it is now
- There is a current Lack of direction and purpose in modern society this leads to easily implanted ideals and implied false promises.
- We need to regain our sense of adventure and purpose
- There is too Much dumbing down of society through manipulation and lack of action
- False promises are implied by adverts, glamour, clothes, cosmetics.
- Leadership should inspire others to act in a positive way, not fuel or create hatred!
- Who gets the fruit of your labor? A person should not accumulate more than is needed to sustain a life of luxury $20 million tops should suffice. After that earning should be capped and redistributed and the surplus used with progressive ideals in mind that benefit those most in need and whom can effect the swiftest beneficial change. This should work like a domino effect.

The perils of a purely profit driven society.....
- It is based on greed
- Profit as a sole goal of a cooporation or company is harmful to society
- Leads to manipulation of the masses
- A capitalist system that is run by an automated souless type management that purely concentrates on the increase of profit, rather than more beneficial aspects of commerce eg efficient supply and with the interests of the consumer at heart. Share price should be directly linked to an online voting system that reflects the positive impact the company is having on society. Share holders should be mostly made up of those whom have previously benefited society and are accept the idea of being rewarded financially or/and employees of the company. Percentage of Employee ownership should not exceed a formula I have yet to work on based on a company index which in turn is based on how the company benefit society, efficiency levels and technological advancement. Again the $20 million dollar rule (at todays equivalent) per employee should apply.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by WWu777
An important essay I just wrote:

"Fragmentation vs Wholeness: Why there is no sense of connection in America"
www.happierabroad.com...

Let me know what you all think!

You are correct, but alot of this have to do with why in our nation we do it. It's the one group against the other group in this country because that was a way for one group to feel superior or bigger than another group. Also since it has been ingrained in us to be intolerant and disrespectful of anybody and/or group that isn't our group, we have developed a society that has walled ourselves into essentially functional crazy individuals and maladaptive in our behavior to other people. I remember a friend of mine from Spain who told me that you americans where crazy, I told him he was off his rocker. After giving some thought a few years ago, I tend to agree with him. Our society is caught in a system that we don't know and/or don't want to get out of. This system of intolerance, racism, hatred and disrespect for anybody has not only hurt the people that it was used against, but the perpetrators of said actions. When you practice the type of behavior that isn't healthy on others, don't be surprised you practice it on people of your own group.

If you haven't noticed many people are leaving the US to other countries not just because the place they are going to is beautiful or pretty. It's because they know and feel it in their bones that our society is doomed. The only way that we could get better is for this whole system of behavior is totally destroyed. Our whole nation is built on this maladaptive behavior. People are wondering why in gods name can't I do this or that or feel like I must be this way and if not I'm abnormal. No, our way of thinking is abnormal. We are a fascists society which has dumbed down our populace to the point that we in the system can't tell we are getting crazier in a crazy house. But I wouldn't worry to much about it for the simple fact this system is breaking apart as we speak. Everything is coming apart and people are starting to see that they aren't on the winning side anymore.

join