Instead, America engineers its people to think that they are selfish individuals in competition with one another who are segregated by their
“individual freedom”. And it’s beaten into them that “no one cares about you; only you can take care of yourself; it’s every man for
himself” under the name of “individualism”. In other words, America divides its people, fragments them, and makes them feel empty on the
inside, so they will be weak, controllable and over-consume to fill that emptiness that they don’t even consciously recognize. It’s not a
jurisdictional control, more like a psychological form of control, which the public is unaware of
Just wanted to highlight this very observant part of your essay which sums up nicely what is going on.
'Conrollable' is the key word
I beleive the problem lies in the root cause which is capitalism aka greed which whatever anyone says is at the heart of capitalism and its worst
byproduct as it brings out the worst socialogical characteristics.
Whether any one individual or group of individuals is capable of erradicating capitalism or even for starters 'tweeking' it i don't know, i'd like
to think that one day a revolution will happen though.
Here are some ideas I've been playing around with:
The problem with modern society as it is now
- There is a current Lack of direction and purpose in modern society this leads to easily implanted ideals and implied false promises.
- We need to regain our sense of adventure and purpose
- There is too Much dumbing down of society through manipulation and lack of action
- False promises are implied by adverts, glamour, clothes, cosmetics.
- Leadership should inspire others to act in a positive way, not fuel or create hatred!
- Who gets the fruit of your labor? A person should not accumulate more than is needed to sustain a life of luxury $20 million tops should suffice.
After that earning should be capped and redistributed and the surplus used with progressive ideals in mind that benefit those most in need and whom
can effect the swiftest beneficial change. This should work like a domino effect.
The perils of a purely profit driven society.....
- It is based on greed
- Profit as a sole goal of a cooporation or company is harmful to society
- Leads to manipulation of the masses
- A capitalist system that is run by an automated souless type management that purely concentrates on the increase of profit, rather than more
beneficial aspects of commerce eg efficient supply and with the interests of the consumer at heart. Share price should be directly linked to an
online voting system that reflects the positive impact the company is having on society. Share holders should be mostly made up of those whom have
previously benefited society and are accept the idea of being rewarded financially or/and employees of the company. Percentage of Employee ownership
should not exceed a formula I have yet to work on based on a company index which in turn is based on how the company benefit society, efficiency
levels and technological advancement. Again the $20 million dollar rule (at todays equivalent) per employee should apply.