It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did the strange building go at Gizeh?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I always wondered what it was and now its gone!? I am 100% sure that it was there on older pictures of Google Earth. I remember looking at it. You could also see that there was a large fence around it which is hard to see on the older picture.
This is an older picture of the site:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/59fef362fb09591a.jpg[/atsimg]

This is a recent picture I took from Google Earth:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/c6b6c34718aee00a.jpg[/atsimg]

It is this empty spot that I mean:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/91f7a05cda60ce34.jpg[/atsimg]
Here you can see the structures very well:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/1847a9805d97c485.bmp[/atsimg]
Where did it go and what was it or is it?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
It does not look like it is from the same era as the pyramids.

I'd venture to guess it was a tourist or some other attraction which had lived out it's days in the hot Egypt sun and was retired.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Good catch! Hmmmm, I wonder what that building was / is that was buried... perhaps it was just demolished... but my mind tends to not let me believe that but asks "what was it, where did it go?"S&F OP!

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Looks like some kind of amphitheater.

I wonder, was it a good show?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Amphitheater? Are you crazy? A round structure that large could only be one thing. An alien spacecraft.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I just saw a documentary about alexander the great on the history channel that talks about his last days in egypt, and how he, by claiming himself a son of the egyptian gods, added his name as part of the pharao lineage within the temples of egypt.

The place you found on the map is a sort of grave sight that was temporary for the body of alexander (it was moved later). I can't find the actual video right now but I'l keep on searching.

Inside the circle there are stairs, and under the part on the right that has a ceiling covering it, there are statues of the influential thinkers to also provide a lineage relating to Alexander's home, such as plato, socrates, etc

Hope that helps!

[edit on 27-11-2009 by blue robbie]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Nice find.

I actually had that building marked on my google earth hoping to figure out what it actually was one day.

Wish I new what it was and where it went too.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
it is hard to say if this is a "hoax" or not- something photoshopped into a photograph
but
been out walking in that area of giza north of the khafre pyramid back in 2004, and while i can not remember anything specifically, and took no photos from that area- i do have a memory that something was in that spot, some sort of modern looking building.
i can't say it is what was in that first photograph- even a friend who was there back in 2007 recalled remembering something in that spot. she called it "theatre-like" before i showed her this photograph.

i will try and dig up some more of my photos to see if something shows up that i have forgotten

i do know that on my last trip in 2006 they had closed off an area in the eastern mastaba field in front of the khafre pyrmaid, and it was guarded with guys with machine guns. when i did some digging and asking around it was claimed they had found a shaft with some rathing interesting ancient egyptian "technology" that they were trying to figure out what to do with

so who knows.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
It is an amphitheater and it is/was used for a performance of Verde's Aida held each year at the Pyramids amongst other events. Obviously the Google image is older than the first.

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 27-11-2009 by quackers]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by quackers

Do I get a cookie or something for being right?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Oops, guess I had it wrong.

Here's the link I was talking about:
www.youtube.com...

I thought it was the structure mentioned at 18:00 but it's a completely different place. My bad!

top topics

join