It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Read this blog about slamming the climate deniers...hilarious in light of ClimateGate...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
www.desmogblog.com...

here it is a sample.

15 June 09
Slamming the Climate Skeptic Scam
Tags: Canada, climate change denial, climate cover up, General, global warming denial, James Hoggan, james hoggan, jim hoggan, manifesto, UK, US

Updated: June 15, 2009

There is a line between public relations and propaganda - or there should be. And there is a difference between using your skills, in good faith, to help rescue a battered reputation and using them to twist the truth - to sow confusion and doubt on an issue that is critical to human survival.

And it is infuriating - as a public relations professional - to watch my colleagues use their skills, their training and their considerable intellect to poison the international debate on climate change.

That's what is happening today, and I think it's a disgrace. On one hand, you have the Nobel Prize-winning Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change – as well as the science academies of every developed nation in the world – confirming that:

* climate change is real;
* it is caused by human activity; and
* it is threatening the planet in ways we can only begin to imagine.

On the other hand, you have an ongoing public debate - not about how to respond, but about whether we should bother, about whether climate change is even a scientific certainty. While those who stand in denial of climate change have failed in the last 15 years to produce a single, peer-reviewed scientific journal article that challenges the theory and evidence of human-induced climate change, mainstream media was, until very recently, covering the story (in more than half the cases, according to the academic researchers Boykoff and Boykoff) by quoting one scientist talking about the risks and one purported expert saying that climate change was not happening – or might actually be a good thing.

Few PR offences have been so obvious, so successful and so despicable as this attack on the science of climate change. It has been a triumph of disinformation – one of the boldest and most extensive PR campaigns in history, primarily financed by the energy industry and executed by some of the best PR talent in the world. As a public relations practitioner, it is a marvel – and a deep humiliation – and I want to see it stop.

Here’s how it works: Public relations is not a process of telling people what to think; people are too smart for that, and North Americans are way too stubborn. Tell a bunch of North Americans what they are supposed to think and you’re likely to wind up the only person at the party enjoying your can of New Coke.

No, the trick to executing a good PR campaign is twofold: you figure out what people are thinking already; and then you nudge them gently from that position to one that is closer to where you want them to be. The first step is research: you find out what they know and understand; you identify the specific gaps in their knowledge. Then you fill those gaps with a purpose-built campaign. You educate. If people are afraid to take Tylenol (as they were after someone poisoned some pills), you explain the extensive safety precautions now typical in the pharmaceutical industry. If people think Martha Stewart is arrogant and uncaring, you create opportunities for her to show a more human side.

In the best cases – the cases that are most personally rewarding – your advice actually guides corporate behavior. That is, if a client wants to protect or revive their reputation, if they want to convince the public that they’re running a responsible company and doing the right thing, the most obvious public relations advice is that they should do the right thing.

It's the kind of advice that, historically, has been a hard sell in the tobacco industry, in the asbestos industry - and too often in the automotive industry. Those sectors have provided some of the most famous examples of PR disinformation: "smoking isn't necessarily bad for you;" "

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Man made climate change is a joke. It is a complete lie intended to open a new excuse and avenue to tax people and take away more of their rights. I can't believe people buy this garbage..

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
If man-made climate change was a certainty why would the CRU go through the trouble of squashing opposing views...

Just to let you know there's a nice bunch of scientists who disagree with man-made climate change.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

If only man made climate change existed!

Natural patterns people, study them, remember them, realize them. Its natural. In fact, the amount of CO2 we release doesn't compare to what would have been released if we didn't take down most forests.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Game_Over

The idea they can claim that it's "threatening the planet" is alarming. Maybe Global Warming is threatening the global Empire of the Elite and the lives of some people but the planet has been through Hell numerous times with Ice Ages and extended warm periods that make our slight degree changes look like baby stuff. The Planet will be fine. That doesn't mean we shouldn't be nicer to Mother Earth though but the climate scam is nothing more than a monetary scheme and has really nothing to do with environmentalism.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
As some of the comments point out in that posting. Immediately popping off at the mouth about how "deniers" don't believe in "climate change" is a bunch of hog wash. Of course the Climate Changes the problem lies in who is causing it.

Based on the OP it seems there is going to be a very new shift in the PR department, if you can't substantially back up the claims with facts it doesn't matter how much you "nudge" somebody in the direction you want to go, they aren't going to believe it. The only people you are going to pick up are the people that you would be able to tell them what to think.

I aught to start taking screen shots and downloading these blog posts like this, because this it is starting to show that AGW is more of a religion than "science". The CRU got busted and in turn people connected with the CRU got busted. Which the IPCC is apart of that.

The gig is up and this blog post is a look past all the spin and propaganda, err "PR". This post show that they know the goose is cooked and the only thing they have left to defend themselves is childish screaming.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I do not think man made climate is a joke, it is a reality. The sooner we wake up to it the better for the humankind and our only planet Earth.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Lets also remember, that the "Deniers" do not think climate change is not real. They just know its not made by man due to core samples.

The argument is pointless, and we can blame all we want. truth is, climate is changing, man made or not, and we have to PREPARE, not get our facts straight.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
Lets also remember, that the "Deniers" do not think climate change is not real. They just know its not made by man due to core samples.

The argument is pointless, and we can blame all we want. truth is, climate is changing, man made or not, and we have to PREPARE, not get our facts straight.

Prepare for what? The Climate Changing? I do that already, if it is cold outside I grab a suitable jacket that will keep me comfortable. If it is warm outside I dress that will allow me the be the most comfortable.

As I have said before and will say again, this has turned into more of a religion than science.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
It is going to be really funny to read historical posts and look for all the keywords...

peer reviewed...

credible....

the debate is over....

polar bears...

"the internet does not forget."
-me,
just now

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

Please explain how the deforestation has slowed the release of CO2 into the atmosphere????

Plants do release CO2 at night in the absense of sunlight , however it is way more than offset by the amount of CO2 taken in and the amount of oxygen released during daytime.

The decay of plants and the burning of trees releases great amounts of CO2.
I just really dont understand your statement. Could you please provide some links to explain your statement?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
As some of the comments point out in that posting. Immediately popping off at the mouth about how "deniers" don't believe in "climate change" is a bunch of hog wash. Of course the Climate Changes the problem lies in who is causing it.

Based on the OP it seems there is going to be a very new shift in the PR department, if you can't substantially back up the claims with facts it doesn't matter how much you "nudge" somebody in the direction you want to go, they aren't going to believe it. The only people you are going to pick up are the people that you would be able to tell them what to think.

I aught to start taking screen shots and downloading these blog posts like this, because this it is starting to show that AGW is more of a religion than "science". The CRU got busted and in turn people connected with the CRU got busted. Which the IPCC is apart of that.

The gig is up and this blog post is a look past all the spin and propaganda, err "PR". This post show that they know the goose is cooked and the only thing they have left to defend themselves is childish screaming.

PDF Download is a free add-on for Firefox. You can Google it. You can take pages and turn them to PDF files for archiving in a second. It is free.
Take a list of them and make your archive, then every time some "green" dude spouts the usual crap about man made climate change and how it's going to be the end of the world etc etc you can throw your evidence right at their faces.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi

If only man made climate change existed!

Natural patterns people, study them, remember them, realize them. Its natural. In fact, the amount of CO2 we release doesn't compare to what would have been released if we didn't take down most forests.

I am still hoping you will come back and give some credence to your statement about how much CO2 has been kept from being released because of all the deforestation. I have to say this is one of the most ignorant statements I have read on here lately.

The Carbon Cycle
Some scientists have suggested that when the earth was new (about 4.5 billion years ago), CO2 may have made up as much as 80% of the earth's atmosphere. About 2 billion years ago, the concentration of CO2 was likely 20 or 30%. Human life and even most life could not have survived in such an atmosphere. With the evolution of photosynthesizing plants, the concentration of CO2 dropped and the percentage of oxygen in the atmosphere increased.

Link: environmentalchemistry.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

i agree...more C02 was released when the circle of fire( a ring of volcanoes) erupted for 10,000 years, and yet the earth is still here. there's no way in hell man has put out that much C02 in 100 or so years to even come close to that. global warming is a scam to take away more freedoms and tax revenues.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I am not for any of the cap and trade either and feel like it is a scam. And no we havent put as much CO2 in the atmosphere as the ring of fire volcanoes or many other past eruptions. The thing that does bother me is when people act as if we have done no harm or put any appreciable amount of Co2 into the atmosphere.

Maybe man is not the reason for global warming and maybe we havent put as much CO2 into the atmosphere as momma nature, but we have contributed to the amount of CO2 released way more than any drill baby drill conservative is ever willing to admit. While we havent released as much Co2 as mother nature, we have released way more than enough. The part non-environmentalist dont want to admit or are not knowledgable enough to admit is by means of deforestation and pollution of the oceans we have greatly reduced the ability of our world wide ecosystem to absorb released CO2.

Whether anyone wants to admit it or not what we are doing to our world is akin to defacating and urinating in your bedroom and acting like all is fine and dandy and it doesnt bother you in the least to sleep in filth and walk with poop squishing between yer toes.

CO2 aside, we have done great harm with deforestation and adding pollutants that cause holes in the ozone , cause respiratory problems and bad health side effects to both man , flora , and fauna.

Lets all just go on the way we have been since the start of the industrial age and say nothing is wrong , momma nature has released more CO2 than humans. Lets just keep on with this arrogant, ignorant way of thinking and just see what kind of world your children and your grandchildren inherit.

Lets do stop the cap and trade scam , but lets also admit we are not being good stewards of this planet we live on and will leave to our future generations. Lets mature a little bit and take responsibilty for our world and try and come together to develope some solutions to better take care of our world. If not for ourselves , lets do it for our children we leave this world to.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Great ideas...

why don't you go plant a tree then?

Why will taxes on everything you do make any difference to the environment?

Are you so stupid to see that your movement was co-opted!

I am getting real sick of the cognitive dissonance going on today.

The man made global warming hoax has been exposed!

QUIT DEFENDING YOUR MASTERS!

This is not just about saying we haven't done anything wrong...this is about saying we don't want their solution.

new topics

top topics

join