It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran has had nuclear weapon since 1993

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Iran has had nuclear weapon since 1993

cricketdiane.wordpress.com

Putting a search in Google for Iran 1993 nuclear – and it yielded this -

www.nti.org...

February 1993
The International Atomic Energy Agency confirms that Argentina will export a shipment of 20% enriched uranium to Iran in 1993.
—Claude van England, “Iran Defends Its Pursuit Of Nuclear Technology,” The Christian Science Monitor, 18 February 1993, p. 7; The Arms Control Reporter, March 1993. (see below)

March 1993
The Arms Control Reporter reports that by December 1991, Iran had imported four nuclear weapons from the former Soviet
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Lets assume that there is .001% chance that Iran has had a nuclear bomb since 1993. Can you imagine what that would mean, how hilarious would that be. That would mean that every god damn thing that has happend, that is happening has been nothing more than theater, not just in the west but Iran as well. That would be such a mind # that its worth a think...

cricketdiane.wordpress.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-11-2009 by WClint]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
what a load of bollocks.

link

According to a report by the Argentine justice in 2006, Iran in 1987–88 signed three agreements with Argentina's National Atomic Energy Commission. The first Iranian-Argentine agreement involved help in converting the U.S. supplied Tehran Nuclear Research Center (TNRC) research reactor from highly enriched uranium fuel to 19.75% low-enriched uranium, and to supply the low-enriched uranium to Iran. The uranium was delivered in 1993. The second and third agreements were for technical assistance, including components, for the building of pilot plants for uranium-dioxide conversion and fuel fabrication. Under US pressure, assistance under second and third agreements was reduced.

The Tehran nuclear reactor was built , by the USA to run of 95% enriched uranium - thats full on weapons grade.

Iran paid argentina - after the regime change to convert the reactor to run on 20% uranium - in fact they wanted it to run on much lower enriched uranium - but they actually couldn`t get it down lower than 20%.

so no , the article is bollocks - Iran hasn`t had a nuke since 1993 at all.

edit:

also linking a BLOG is not news source for BAN postings.

[edit on 27/11/09 by Harlequin]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Yeah I very much doubt this is true.

Somehow I think that when Iran has nukes, they'll make sure the rest of the world knows about it.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I doubt this very much as as the above poster mattpryor pointed out if they had them they'd most likely use them, the're just nutty enough to do so. All I can say is if they really did have these things I'll bet Bush Jr is probably slapping his head with his hand and going "DOH!!!"

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
And they havent used them or even waved them about yet?
Thats having some serious self imposed restraint.
I think they may have been offered some parts and pieces, but I dont think they have anything.
The one thing they do have is a contrived profile set in play to vilify them as a nation.
spell

[edit on 27-11-2009 by HappilyEverAfter]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by The Alfer

I don't think they would have used them. In spite of the rhetoric, proxy wars around the Middle East, etc, Iranian regime is a rational player.

They want nukes as a bargaining chip to gain regional influence and power in the UN and OPEC, which is why it makes me uncomfortable.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Why would Iran use nukes if they had them?
Wouldn't it be more likely that they would use them as a security blanket to stop western powers from interfering with them?

Nukes have lots of power when they are not used...Just having them is enough.

Theres no reason to expect Iran to fire off any nukes they build-unless they are provoked.
The amount of pressure they are under from the west is probably the very reason that they seek to aqquire nukes IMO.

And who built their Tehran research reactor,starting them off in their nuclear interests?

Thats right...the American government built it for them.

You couldn't make it up...again.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor
reply to post by The Alfer

I don't think they would have used them. In spite of the rhetoric, proxy wars around the Middle East, etc, Iranian regime is a rational player.

They want nukes as a bargaining chip to gain regional influence and power in the UN and OPEC, which is why it makes me uncomfortable.

There is no reason for anyone on US soil to be scared of Iran, they are on the other side of the world and haven't started a war in hundreds of years.

Iranians remember the US illegally overthrowing their democratically elected govt and installing a US puppet despot (operation ajax) who raped irans resources on behalf on the US / UK oil industry. They have every reason to not trust our motivation, they know from experience our leaders tend to be big fat hypocritical liars... so you can't blame them for wanting the ultimate deterrent to a violent empire that meddles in their affairs.

..and there is no logical reason to believe iran would nuke muslim holy land (occupied by israel) they want back.. and vaporize their palestinian brothers.. the notion iran wants to destroy israel with a nuke is an absurd canard manufactured and promoted by the US propaganda machine.

'Wiped off the Map' – The Rumor of the Century
www.antiwar.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
If Iran had nukes, Ahmadinejad would ride one to every press conference. He'd have t-shirts printed with giant pictures of them.

Everyone would know about it. They'd have no reason to not flaunt it.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Documents obtained by Jerusalem Post show: Iran has four nuclear bombs

Iran received several nuclear warheads from a former Soviet republic in the early 1990s and Russian experts maintained them, according to Iranian government documents relayed to Israel and obtained by The Jerusalem Post.

The documents, deemed authentic by US congressional experts and still being studied in Israel, contain correspondence between Iranian government officials and leaders of the Revolutionary Guards that discusses Iran's successful efforts to obtain nuclear warheads from former Soviet republics.

I don't know, maybe they do, that'll certainly explain a lot of things. The US seems to move its chess pieces quite fast lately.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
then again people belive that this is a piece of barrenlandscape with nothing but ayatolas and goats.

get real , they build their own submarines and airplanes and what not,
you name it and they can build it just like any other well faring state on this planet.

to be honest , i ve seen better up keep of infrastructure in former jugoslavia after the war then in N.Y pre 9/11.

top topics

join