It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

322: The Seven Society

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
In search feature there was a thread on 322; it was a few years old. I read it and no one came up with this information, so I decided to start a new thread that is not just a guessing game as was the other thread.

The Seven Society (est. 1905) was secret society associated with University of Virginia.

Members are only revealed after their death, when a wreath of black magnolias in the shape of a "7" is placed at the gravesite, the bell tower of the University Chapel chimes at seven-second intervals on the seventh dissonant chord when it is seven past the hour

There are several societies that have "Seven" in their names, although it is said they are not related, they all seem to have roots in Virginia and are affiliated with university campuses.

The Seven Society, Order of the Crown and Dagger
Mystical Seven Society
Mystical Seven

Here is one of special interest:

A fourth unrelated society, is the Seven Society (The Club) at East Carolina University in Greenville, NC. Established in 1927, the name of the organization was originally the "East Carolina Men's Social Club" until it was changed to "Seven Society" in 1962 for reasons unknown. The sign of this society is the same as that of the Seven Society at the University of Virginia, except that the numbers "322" appear beneath the "7."

en.wikipedia.org...

Logo and additional info at link referrenced.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
This sounds mysterious, but it might be more interesting if you gave some of your thoughts on what they considered their purpose to be.

I didn't see very much information other than they were initially having a poker game, and seven people showed up. They formed a group and became "do-gooders". They wanted to be anonymous benefactors.

Is there information beyond this which might contribute to it's being more interesting?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
I didn't see very much information other than they were initially having a poker game, and seven people showed up. They formed a group and became "do-gooders". They wanted to be anonymous benefactors.

Is there information beyond this which might contribute to it's being more interesting?

The number is also linked to Skull and Bones secret society and appears on the official logo beneath the image.

The emblem of Skull and Bones is a skull with crossed bones, over the number "322". One legend is that 322 stands for "founded in '32, 2nd corps", referring to a first Corps in an unknown German university.[21] Others suggest that 322 refers to the death of Demosthenes and that documents in the society hall have purportedly been found dated to "Anno-Demostheni".[22]

en.wikipedia.org...

Seems that some people have gone out of their way to keep the meaning a mystery and to manufacture rumors about it.

Apparently, the numbers 322 under the skull and bones logo has been an intrigue for years.

Here is more speculation on the matter: (www.rinf.com...)

I suppose many are still inconclusive on the meaning.

As for my own thoughts on it.....I think it is still deeper than these two posts. More later.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
On the Ides of March (3/15) Julius Gaius Caesar suffered an assassination attempt on the floor of the Roman Senate.

Notice how I say attempt.

Mark Antony and Octavian (Augustus) his nephew secretly spirited him out of Rome to then carry out a public funeral with a shrouded corpse presumed to be Caesar’s.

Caesar lay near death for 7 days and wakened for the first time since his attack on 322.

He continued to secretly rule the Roman Republic and with the aid of Anthony, Octavian, and Lepidus lived another 12 years before meeting a natural death.

3/22 stands for the date Caesar was resurrected.

The Roman Empire just like Caesar himself did not, has not died.

In fact much like Caesar decided to do, it simply went into the shadows to do what Rome does so well...Divide and Conquer Warfare.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Oh that is awesome! I hope it is true.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Q: What makes a Lodge perfect?

A: The number seven.

(initiation question found in Freemasonry literature)

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I looked up "what makes a lodge perfect? the number 7." and got this google book page: Access to Western esotericism By Antoine Faivre. Related and interesting.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by Animal]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I've never heard of this, but I live and go to school in Virginia and was intrigued when the OP mentioned that it has connections to VA universities? Does anybody know what schools OP is talking about?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Not sure numerology has been mentioned but:-

3+2+2=7

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
School of the Seven Bells?

Ever heard of that one? I heard it mentioned on the show criminal minds. I searched for it but I only seen a mention that it was mythical but was still curious where the myth even started from.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
The 7 unknown men.

top topics

join