It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Carbon Credit' action anyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Hello ATS.

I'm wondering if there is anyone here involved in the carbon credit game.

Perhaps some farmers or some carbon brokers?

Or maybe someone who just bought some credits (or a tree) to offset a plane trip they just took.

Any stories would be interesting.

I can't see this cap and trade going anywhere and it would be nice to get my dirty little fingers into the carbon exchange.

I find it hard to believe that it's reducing pollution, and I'm sure some of you here feel the same way.

Enviromental group FoE has some issues with it. (Friends of Earth)

The FoE report identifies what it believes are six central problems, saying carbon trading is:
• Ineffective at driving emissions reductions
• Fails to drive technological innovation
• Leads to lock-in of high-carbon infrastructure
• Allows for, and relies on, offsetting
• Creates a risk of sub-prime carbon
• Provides a smokescreen for lack of action on climate finance by the developed world

The report's author, Sarah-Jayne Clifton, said: ‘Carbon trading is failing dismally at reducing emissions, yet allows speculators to grow rich from the climate crisis and hands politicians and industry a get-out clause for polluting business as usual.

------------------------

Who's with me? Let's get rich. Carbon trading classes anyone? lol

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I don't know much about this scam personally but, a quick google search turned up plenty of sites set up & ready to start running with this scam.

Here's just one; Carbontrading.com

If there's money to be made, you can be sure there will be plenty of A-holes out there to fleece the stupid.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
People imagine this you have to pay to live....simple as that and you have to pay all the living things on your property bugs, leafs, pets....and all your childrens tax

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

It's here my friend, and it's legit.

Chicago Climate Exchange

European Climate Exchange

Asia Carbon Global

As for fleecing the stupid... everyone benefits from this (in a dodgy kind of way). The environment probably doesn't. These carbon credits could be printed out of thin air like our currencies.

From the little farmer, to the broker... to the oil companies - there is money to be made.

Maybe if reduce the amount of farts I let out, it could be possible that I can save up for a credit or two.

Who said that!?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I've just started learning about this and it sounds crazy!

I think this is nothing more than another ENRON scam.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Greetings,

There is a use for "carbon credits." If you live in the DC area, or any other area where people are "carbon credit" advocates, place a sign on your SUV vehicle that reads "This Vehicle paid $10,000 for carbon credits, please don't vandalize!"

To the global warming "believers," there's an easy fix (for those dreadful emails); just tell the scientists to re-conduct their research over and over "until they get it right!" Pretty soon, they'll give up and write anything.

Send Al Gore to China to point his finger at em, and to admonish them to obey the will of Jones, Reid, Obama, Pelosi, Emmanuel. Inform Al Gore that US citizens produce only a tiny fraction of the pollutents that China does.

Carbon Dioxide - plants love it. Ahem, and voters know this.

There is a better solution than this "carbon credit" farce - send AL Gore to Brazil to order lumber companies to halt the clearing of the Amazon jungle. Seriously, though, once the Amazon Jungle is transformed into a desert, then scientist wont have to fake their carbon dioxide data.

Respectfully,
Adonsa

new topics

top topics

join