It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jesus visit England?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by grail
excuse me silent thunder,is your synopsis above susposed to be of KING JESUS /RALPH ELLIS??????????????????? because you are mistaking KING JESUS for some other book...or maybe you read 2 different books and thought they were one book...CAN YOU GO LOOK AT THE BOOK YOU SAY YOU READ AND CHECK IF IT WAS WRITTEN BY RALPH ELLIS///?????

I don't know who Ralph Ellis is and will check into it. The book link I posted is to "The Head of God" by Keith Laidler. As noted, I can't say I believe his theory but I found it interesting nonetheless.

[edit on 11/27/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Did Jesus visit England?

Of course HE did.

Let's bring some "Myths" out to consider.

1: What is one of the monikers Christians refer to Christ as? Jesus of Nazereth.

Funny, but Nazereth was not a place until some 300 years after the death and resurrection of Christ.

2: What was the young Jesus? A Carpenter.

Funny, but a Carpenter, also means a stone mason.

3: John the Baptist was Jesus' cousin, through Elizabeth and her relationship with Mary. What seems strange when reviewing the text about Christ and John, leading upto Christ's Baptisim in the Jordan River?

John didn't even know who his cousin was.

What do these things suggest. Jesus did not growup in the region.

Remember, as a Child, Jesus caused some concern, when spending his time in the temple, he taught and/or corrected, the Scribes and Pharisees, which likely wouldn't have been taken lightly.

No, I believe 100 % Christ grew up in Glastonbury.

The First Chruch is claimed to have been constructed there, which seems out of place since "Christianity" seemingly sprang from the events that occur in and around Jerusalem.

It's been noted, here, but it all revolves around Joseph of Arimathea.

Joseph was a "TIN MINER" and yes, along those shores, archival records show the Title to these claims that Joesph had. He was a rich merchant seaman, and was a man of means.

Does this support anything here, not specifically, but we should be clear about this. Joseph of Arimathea, was quite well off and maybe filthy rich.

With that said, there is quite a lot of tales and such that can be considered, which make more sense than callling Christ, Jesus of Nazereth.

I do remember seeing a short film about this by E Raymond Capt, and he also has a book you can obtain for $12 USD, by the same name.

The Traditions of Glastonbury.
www.leviticus11.com...

The Preface to The Traditions of Glastonbury:
One day a small boat, from one of the large merchant ships anchored in the Bristol Channel, tied up at the causeway of the Lake Village. A bearded man and a slim young boy in his early teens stepped ashore. They were no strangers to the villagers who crowded around to welcome them. The merchant had been coming by their village for many years, on his way to the lead mines of the Mendip Hills. It was known that he held a very important position in the powerful Roman government and carried the title "Nobilus Decurio". It was rumored that he owned many of the merchant ships that came to these Isle of the West, from Rome and Phoenicia, to barter for metal and other goods.

The auburn haired lad was also known. He had accompained His uncle on a prior visit, staying at the village and exploring the surrounding territory, while His uncle conducted his business at the nearby Mendip lead mines. But this time a woman, perhaps in her early thirties was with them. As the boy helped the woman ashore, the crew proceeded to unload various sized chests and sacks, obviously belonging to them. Accommodations were soon found and the baggage was carried to one of the tiny huts facing the estaury.

In the weeks that followed, the merchant and the boy constructed a wattle hut, similar to those of the village, on a nearby island. The site they chose was at the base of a hill from which ran a spring of fresh water. Hawthorne and oak trees dotted the landscape. Small game and fish were in abundance and the marshy fertile shores promised bountiful crops. When the hut was finished, the woman and the boy moved from the village to their new home. The merchant and his men sailed away.

Jesus and His mother, Mary, were alone . . .

This was quite a good offering of supportive details not generally known about.

Also, here is another sites offering similiar views and referencing some HISTORICAL material to consider.

www.sanctuaryofprayer.com...

......Jesus had accompanied his great uncle there as a young boy, and had taught those of the ancient Druid faith, had taught miners how to extract tin and purge it of ore, and had built a small wattle hut...a very first Christian church...and a home for his mother. The Druids, very early on, believed in One God, a Trinity, and in the coming of one "Yesu" or "Hesus".

and

A young Jesus had built the very first Christian Church, a wattle hut, and a home for His mother, with the help of His great uncle. That same Uncle Joseph, and Jesus' mother returned to that very site on the Isle of Avalon to carry on the work of our Lord...and to spread the Good News throughout Britain. The Wattle Church became known as the the "Culdee Church"...or the "Church of the Refugees". In Britain, Culdee was the first name ascribed to the British Church...or the True Christian Church...NOT to be confused with the Church of England. The Culdee Church remained true to the original teachings of Christ. The Druids of Britain were the first converts to the Culdee Church...the two were so closely entertwined. Throughout this beautiful land are remnants in stone, referring back to when the Lord's feet walked there..."Tunic crosses", depicting a young boy in a short tunic with arms out-stretched, a well bearing His Name, heraldic shields showing two cruets on either side of a cross, carvings showing the Lamb and the Cross...along with a legal document, a confirmation of this Royal Charter can be found in the official Domesday Book of Britain (1086 AD) which declares: "The Domus Dei, in the great monestary of Glastonbury, called the Secret of our Lord. This Glastonbury Church possesses, in its own villa XII hides of land which have never paid tax." This was granted to Joseph of Arimathea and the other Apostles, including Mary, mother of Jesus, by King Arviragus...along with the freedom to pass in safety in times of war from one district to another. The original source of the information from the historian of King Arviragus can be found in the British Museum...a part of the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle.

It is interesting to say the least. There is evidence to suggest Christ did grow up there.

BUT, I also do believe Joseph of Arimathea had more interests than just TIN and that his travels went far and abroad. Which may also lead us to understand why there are many distinct regions that have some material to consider, that during the "Missing Years", Christ may well have visited and taught them as well.

Ciao

Shane

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Shane]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
hello Silent Thunder,,,i to have read THE HEAD OF GOD by keith laidler alond with two dozen or more books about Jesus surviving the cross,Jesus traveling to England as a boy,JESUS this ,Jesus that...but every single one of these books assume that the Jesus of the New testement was a relativly "TRUE" story....also the birth date and "death on cross" date are true...OK,,now listen carefully,i don't want to lose you,dear reader...more and more as secrets are revealed the real truth is coming to the conclusion that "EVERY THING WE KNOW IS WRONG"...and the Jesus story is no different...the historical evidence uncovered by Ralph Ellis points to the idea that the real Jesus was the grandson of Cleopatra and Mark Anthony,hense his ligetamate claim to kingship over Israel..The real Jesus was a rebel king and a bad ass who led the revolt against the Roman occupiers in 75 AD when he was about 60 years of age.The JESUS of the New Testement portrayed as a whimp who says things like "love your enemy" and "turn the other cheek"..ask yourself this/ if you wanted to start a religion to pacify a people you were subjugating wouldn't it make sense to come up with BS like "turn the other cheek/love your enemy." the Romans invented the Jesus of he Bible as a psychological operation to help pacify there conquered peoples.Anyway,long story short,King Jesus makes total LOGICAL SENSE to me.....as opposed to the whimp version that there is no historical evidence for...[please excuse miss-spells]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
hello Silent Thunder,,,i to have read THE HEAD OF GOD by keith laidler alond with two dozen or more books about Jesus surviving the cross,Jesus traveling to England as a boy,JESUS this ,Jesus that...but every single one of these books assume that the Jesus of the New testement was a relativly "TRUE" story....also the birth date and "death on cross" date are true...OK,,now listen carefully,i don't want to lose you,dear reader...more and more as secrets are revealed the real truth is coming to the conclusion that "EVERY THING WE KNOW IS WRONG"...and the Jesus story is no different...the historical evidence uncovered by Ralph Ellis points to the idea that the real Jesus was the grandson of Cleopatra and Mark Anthony,hense his ligetamate claim to kingship over Israel..The real Jesus was a rebel king and a bad ass who led the revolt against the Roman occupiers in 75 AD when he was about 60 years of age.The JESUS of the New Testement portrayed as a whimp who says things like "love your enemy" and "turn the other cheek"..ask yourself this/ if you wanted to start a religion to pacify a people you were subjugating wouldn't it make sense to come up with BS like "turn the other cheek/love your enemy." the Romans invented the Jesus of he Bible as a psychological operation to help pacify there conquered peoples.Anyway,long story short,King Jesus makes total LOGICAL SENSE to me.....as opposed to the whimp version that there is no historical evidence for...[please excuse miss-spells]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

It does make a lot a logical sense...I came across a webiste some years ago climing that "meek" Christianity was invented by the romans, and the guy had all this evidence to back up his theory...sorry, no link, it was a long time ago. Also, Nietzsche was very contemptuious of this aspect of Christianity; I think he called it a "slave religion."

I think there are a lot of beautiful and powerful things in Christian history and Christianity, but the religion can and has been twisted to fill many dark needs. Certainly another tip-off is how closely the Christ story fits a bunch of other stories floating around the Middle East at the time...cobbled together out of everything from Osiris and Hermes mythology....lots of weird astrological stuff in the Bible, too...

Here are a few links along the "Rome invented Christianity" line:
www.rumormillnews.com...

www.sikhspectrum.com...

[edit on 11/28/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

excuse me silent thunder,is your synopsis above susposed to be of KING JESUS /RALPH ELLIS??????????????????? because you are mistaking KING JESUS for some other book...or maybe you read 2 different books and thought they were one book...CAN YOU GO LOOK AT THE BOOK YOU SAY YOU READ AND CHECK IF IT WAS WRITTEN BY RALPH ELLIS///?????

I don't know who Ralph Ellis is and will check into it. The book link I posted is to "The Head of God" by Keith Laidler. As noted, I can't say I believe his theory but I found it interesting nonetheless.

[edit on 11/27/09 by silent thunder]

Of course Jesus went to Britain. He was exiled there by Vespasian.

Jesus was a dangerous rebel, and so he was exiled as far from Judaea as possible.

Ralph

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
jesus could had visited england because england was a part of the roman empire

top topics

<< 1   >>

join