It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blast yields arsenal at ex-doctor's Ohio apartment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
WKYC, source

CUYAHOGA FALLS -- Authorities say they have charged a former doctor in Ohio after finding dozens of pipe bombs, an assortment of firearms and hundreds of rounds of ammunition in his apartment.

Authorities say they don't know why the man had the arsenal or if he had any plans to use the weapons.

So police found a bunch of pipe bombs and weapons in some doctors apartment in Cleveland. After he mucked up re-loading a shell and blew the place up.

Now, as for the pipebombs, I can understand the excitement, but what was he preparing for?

Do you think he was paranoid or planning? This might be a good find for the police.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by havok]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
ADD: Have the cops just found a possible homeland terrorist?
This guy had dozens of pipebombs, and firearms, with ammunition!

This isn't you local stock up on ammo, and goods, you know.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
pipebombs huh? well glad he got stopped before something went boom.
here we go again -you can see the headlines - they (MSM) are gonna associate terrorist with citizen again... ah ... trying times ... and freedom will be lost with thunderous applause.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Bet thats what the cops wanna know too.I think the guys a loner,not with a group,otherwise why have a ton of damn explosives crammed in a single apartment.Accident waiting to happen.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The report says "dozens of pipe bombs" yet he is being charged with single count of possession of A pipe bomb. ?

Media fear-mongering running amok?

With guns and explosives you can count on the media to be very inacurate. Also why is Ohio such a hotspot for lone whackjobs?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
The report says "dozens of pipe bombs" yet he is being charged with single count of possession of A pipe bomb. ?

I didn't understand that either.

Maybe he had a bunch of pipes, not loaded.

Next thing you'll hear is his nationality, or religion or some other type of stereotype.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Geez, maybe he was just fishing with them.
If an "assortment" of firearms and hundreds of rounds makes you a domestic terrorist, then I know hundreds of them personally.
I wonder if he has any government (CIA) tie-ins, like the Virginia school shooter had. I've read many of these "domestic terrorists" have connections to the CIA in one way or another. Anybody else heard the same? I'm sorry I don't have chapter and verse ready to link, but there seems to be more than just coincidence at work.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

pipe bomb.

If this confiscated material was rolled up real tight in paper it would have been labeled as 'explosive device' used quite commonly by prospectors and construction contractors and carries far less of a crime.
Now we get into

Crime

is the breach of one or more rules or laws for which some governing authority, via mechanisms such as police power, may ultimately prescribe a conviction. While every crime violates the law, not every violation of the law counts as a crime; for example: breaches of contract and of other civil law may rank as "offences" or as "infractions".

From the article-

Campano told an officer that he was loading shotgun shells Monday night when one of them blew up in his hands, rocking his apartment complex in Cuyahoga Falls, about 20 miles southeast of Cleveland.

Reloading equipment can be constituted as 'Possession of explosive materials'. Did you know that you probably have such materials in your own possession? Got any bleach and brake fuild? That's the possession of making an inciderary device.
All I'm saying is don't read into this to much. It sounds like the news agency is affiliated with 'Faux News'. It says nothing about the doctor himself. Does he have any type of past criminal history?
Myself reading into it suggest that he is a respected, professional,
typical 'Joe' that is a survivalist. But as we all know the only 'Survivalist' allowed are the athorities.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I can definitely see this being used by the administration.

Cuyahoga Falls former doctor charged with possessing explosive device

CUYAHOGA FALLS, Ohio -- A former doctor has been charged with unlawful possession of an explosive device after police found 30 pipe bombs in his apartment.

Police searched the Center Avenue apartment Monday night after a bomb exploded there. The blast sent the occupant, Mark Campano, to the hospital with a hand injury.

After Campano, 56, was released from the hospital Wednesday, he was taken into custody by federal marshals.

Authorities found 19 bombs made of copper pipe and 11 devices made of PC pipe, as well as explosive powder and other tools used to make bombs, according to documents filed in U.S. District Court. Authorities also had 17 guns and hundreds of rounds of ammunition.

Campano is a former anesthesiologist who lost his medical license in 2005 because of an addiction to the drug clonidine, according to state records. He had problems with the drug as long ago as 1994 when he was cited by the West Virginia Board of Medicine.

A former neighbor said Campano had a stream of creepy visitors to his apartment and often railed against the government.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

The U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives says federal agents took 56-year-old Mark Campano into custody Wednesday after he was released from a hospital.

link

Well perhaps we can rule out a middle eastern `angle` .

And move right along to disgruntled former employee .

Campano, an anesthesiologist who lost his medical license in 2006, was taken to a hospital with injuries to his hand and arm.

link

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

I didn't understand that either.

Maybe he had a bunch of pipes, not loaded.

Next thing you'll hear is his nationality, or religion or some other type of stereotype.

I had noticed that also but see that is where I posted above where he had the makings of such. Maybe he had 19 more pipe nipples and 38 end caps.
See! That's my point people, not enough information. Just enough for the mind to run rampaded and say "Oh god, a Doctor?"

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II

Campano is a former anesthesiologist who lost his medical license in 2005 because of an addiction to the drug clonidine, according to state records. He had problems with the drug as long ago as 1994 when he was cited by the West Virginia Board of Medicine.

A former neighbor said Campano had a stream of creepy visitors to his apartment and often railed against the government.

Thank you. Abit more info. He got caught up into taking perscription meds.
Also stated he exercised his 1st amendment right to freedom of speech.
Who's the 'atentive'(I was going to say nosey) neighbor? What did the other neighbors have to say?

I bet his 'Creepy visitors' wore some form of camo and were unshaven.

He's a Survivalist people!

top topics

join