It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hide the decline - climategate parody + tax won't effectively work

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The all famous hadley CRU hack has caused a big media stir and the imfamous line 'hide the decline' is likely to be the enduring quote. It is an excellent blow to what appears to be a rather fudged global warming agenda, used to justify taxing us to oblivion in a recession/depression, depending on how you look at it. The mainstream media has mostly picked up and run with it [CRU], which makes me believe that the buttons of the sheeples' woollen gown may start to pop - climategate, swinegate and 9/11gate, all under a three pronged attack upon their slumbering herd.

No one likes tax rises, even sheeple will baah from time to time about this, bringing me to one example of why I believe a tax would not work very effectively, if much at all:

In New Zealand, petrol has been on average around $1.50-1.70 in the last few years. When peaks reached around $2.20 for a few months, average national car volume dropped 7.9 percent. Now this year when petrol prices are similar levels to two years ago, the volume is still lower by a few percent, with more cars in the country - could this be a sign of the economy, (slightly) more viable public transport, more bicycles or what? I definately don't believe it's mostly in the petrol price after seeing this data, regardless of the title of the piece. Either way, 7.9% is a change but not much to stop global warming if it were caused as alleged. Total auto emissions are not much when compared to commercial and farm applications. People will pay what they have to in order to live - taxing will not change much, apart from annoying people and causing them to pay more for what they require to live. If taxing would massively slow emissions (elite throw around 20-40% reduction figures in total carbon outputs) and resources used in daily life, then you would see a much sharper drop than 7.9% with petrol as a test case. A tax driven up to ridiculous heights, to cause consumption discouragement and meeting 20-40% reduction levels, is likely to cause a large revolt.

transportblog.co.nz...

Either way you look at it, global warming raises an interesting issue: one of environmental awareness - taking money from you is not the solution, education is. Consideration, respect for the environment and a peer facilitated, global change in attitude is what's in order I reckon!

edit to add climategate in title

[edit on 26/11/09 by GhostR1der]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
The origin of the global warming agenda needs to be understood, in order to better see the purpose behind it. "Global warming for genocide"
Below is a very recent video explaining it. Thought i'd share it in this thread.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
A message to the environmental movement

This video, also very recent, explains a lot on the deception behind the story of the leaked e-mails.

new topics

join