It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Executive Order Aims to Avoid Declass Deadline

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

New Executive Order Aims to Avoid Declass Deadline

www.fas.org

Development of a new executive order on classification of national security information is now proceeding at an accelerated pace in order to preempt a deadline that would require the declassification of millions of pages of historical records next month.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Under the current Bush executive order, classified records that are at least 25 years old and that have been referred from one agency to another because they involve multiple agency interests are supposed to be automatically declassified at the end of this year.

If the comprehensive new Obama order on classification policy (which would assign processing of such records to a National Declassification Center that does not yet exist) is not ready for release by December 31, then another stand-alone order would have to be issued, canceling or extending the looming deadline. And officials are reluctant to issue such an order since they say it would be awkward for the avowedly pro-openness Obama Administration to relax or annul a declassification requirement that was imposed by the ultra-secret Bush Administration.

So Obama is trying to annul a declassification order enacted by Bush. Do we all understand VERY CLEARLY now that Obama is NOT for openness???? If Bush was "ultra-secret" what does that make Obama?

Is there any doubt left in anyone's mind?

www.fas.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25/11/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I still believe my President.

I never believed Obama in the first place. He is just like any President, promises everything but delivers very little.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Mmmmm…I really don’t like the liberal train of thought and I really don’t like finding myself defending BHO but could it be that the order is being issued simply because the Administration hasn’t gotten to the point where they can implement it?

The wording of the directive will be significant…if they simply overturn what GWB wrote, then you have a point…if they’re begging for more time, it’s a different story, IMO.

But thanks for bringing this forward...it needs to be followed/examined.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Lame duck presidents pass laws, create initiatives, and write executive orders that they know the incoming president can't follow through on. It's a political move to throw the incoming chief under the bus. Is this one of those occurrences, most likely.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
What or WHO are they trying to protect???

Are they afraid that the public will finally find out aliens exist???

top topics

join