It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the astral?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
ok i posted this in another thread, but it received no response..so ill try again here.

first off let me tell you that, recently...but not frequently, i am able to see the outlines of my room with my eyes closed....i cannot see details, patterns, or anything specific, just dark shades of "shadow" so to say.

yesteday i stumbled across a thread stating others have been able to do this...i found this very interesting, and decided i would try it again that evening...

so last night i went to bed...it was approx midnight, and i closed my eyes hoping my mind would focus on these "shadowy outlines"

but it wouldnt work, absolute darkness....however i began to pace my breathing, and VERY shortly afterward, i experienced what i can only describe as a light being turned on.

it was a very abrupt and instantaneous flash, i could see literally everything in my room...the design on the blankets, the form of my body under the blankets, the woodgrain on the dresser, EVERYTHING..

needless to say i wasnt ready for it, and it scared the living s**t out of me...i instantly opened my eyes, and it was blackness once again.

the whole experience lasted maybe 5 minutes from laying down to seeing the "flash"

so recap i lay in bed, my eyes shut, entire room is black, the room lit up very bright, i opened my eyes and it was back to complete darkness.

i was VERY afraid lol...but i think if it IS something "supernatural?" it would be worth it to learn to cope with and harnass this "ability".

any help is more than appreciated, i feel very....weird ATM...since this happened its just about the ONLY thing that i can think about.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
When Id started meditating regularly i had bouts of seeing through my eyelids either in a monotone color or as your described it.

Other then personal experience I don't think its unusual since everyone I teach how to meditate has come across this.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
also could be nothing, but the timing is odd to say the least...

this afternoon (day after flash experience), i was talking with my sister and her bf...and i got a faint whiff of what i could only describe as cough syrup....i asked if either of them had taken any or had any on them, and they both said no, which was confusing...there was a slurpee (slushy kinda drink) so i assumed it was that, i smelled it but it was orange...

so i walked back to where i was standing before, and i could still smell it....

it turned out to be lipgloss, that had a protective seal on it...i got my sister and my sisters bf to smell the lipgloss with the lid on it, and they both said they couldnt smell anything....FWIW i couldnt smell it either when it was up close...

how ever when iopened it, i KNEW thats what i smelled...it had this gross cough syruppy smell to it....

how is it possible to smell a substance thats in its container, with protective seal, from 10+ feet away?

just strange is all...

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Huggiesunrise
When Id started meditating regularly i had bouts of seeing through my eyelids either in a monotone color or as your described it.

Other then personal experience I don't think its unusual since everyone I teach how to meditate has come across this.

what if anytihng can be done with something like this?

what else can i train my mind to do?

is this a stepping stone to astral projection?

i feel very lost, but also feel that this was a very crucial part in my development process

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by smitts_lgp

HOLY CRAP!

I've just started experiencing this recently, like say in the last 2 - 4 weeks! I never knew what to make of it, as it's never happened to me before. Now I find myself trying to turn it on when my eyes are closed at bedtime. I tend to try to have fun w/ it, seeing how long it takes to see this and how long it stays 'on'. The weirdest damn thing this is, and never really thought about anything of it being 'supernatural, but very weird when I make it happen. It's like yourself, really - I see the dark outline of everything in the room w/ me, and not just the outline, it has depth, or substance..... but very different from when looking at things w/ ur eyes open!

I have never heard of this before, and this (thread) really got my attention. wow.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by smitts_lgp
i am able to see the outlines of my room with my eyes closed....i cannot see details, patterns, or anything specific, just dark shades of "shadow" so to say.

yesteday i stumbled across a thread stating others have been able to do this...i found this very interesting, and decided i would try it again that evening...

-
however i began to pace my breathing, and VERY shortly afterward, i experienced what i can only describe as a light being turned on.

it was a very abrupt and instantaneous flash, i could see literally everything in my room...the design on the blankets, the form of my body under the blankets, the woodgrain on the dresser, EVERYTHING..

-
i think if it IS something "supernatural?" it would be worth it to learn to cope with and harnass this "ability".

Haven’t got a clue IF it is ‘astral’ or ‘supernatural’ but it’s good to read here that I’m not the only one experiencing this.

I can imagine you feel weird but I promise you will get used to it!
When I was in my teens I discovered I sometimes had this ‘ability’, that’s over 35 years ago. I still have this / see ‘stuff’. Back then I tried to explain what I ‘saw’ but when people start looking weird at you, there was a point I kept shut about it.

To be honest I think EVERYBODY has this ‘gift / ability’ but most people do not ‘focus’ onto this kind of experiences. Long ago I thought of it as looking through ‘dimensions’ but I believe now it has something to do with our brain and the vibration of the cells (DNA).
Somehow we ‘receive’ info into our brains, like ‘frequency waves’ and it’s being translated IN our brains. Hence the info goes right through our whole body and influences our senses.

Do you also ‘see’ little tiny white and black ‘dots’ (particles) moving when you close your eyes, when you’re sitting in the dark and just watch or / and even when you have your eyes open and focus onto f.e. a wall or the ceiling?

Someone told me it has something to do with the ‘cones’ in your eye that receive lightfall but I discovered when I focus in on it, as bringing my ‘mind’ to a spot OUTSIDE my brain, it’s harder to see the spots/dots. However when I just ‘watch’ and keep my ‘mind’ and focus INWARDS, I see it better.

Well I guess people will believe I’m genuine nuts now, it’s so hard to explain how the dots look like ……. What comes most close is they look like very fast moving particles, smaller then small.

Have to say this: I’m a very intuitive person, never had any interest for Math and such when I was young. Maybe it’s something that is more ‘normal’ for intuitive people? Or maybe it’s true and humans are evolving into a more ‘subtile’ being, energy-wise I mean.

Peace! S&F

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melyanna Tengwesta

i am able to see the outlines of my room with my eyes closed....i cannot see details, patterns, or anything specific, just dark shades of "shadow" so to say.

-
however i began to pace my breathing, and VERY shortly afterward, i experienced what i can only describe as a light being turned on.

-
i think if it IS something "supernatural?" it would be worth it to learn to cope with and harnass this "ability".

Haven’t got a clue IF it is ‘astral’ or ‘supernatural’ but it’s good to read here that I’m not the only one experiencing this.

I can imagine you feel weird but I promise you will get used to it!
When I was in my teens I discovered I sometimes had this ‘ability’, that’s over 35 years ago. I still have this / see ‘stuff’. Back then I tried to explain what I ‘saw’ but when people start looking weird at you, there was a point I kept shut about it.

To be honest I think EVERYBODY has this ‘gift / ability’ but most people do not ‘focus’ onto this kind of experiences. Long ago I thought of it as looking through ‘dimensions’ but I believe now it has something to do with our brain and the vibration of the cells (DNA).
Somehow we ‘receive’ info into our brains, like ‘frequency waves’ and it’s being translated IN our brains. Hence the info goes right through our whole body and influences our senses.

Do you also ‘see’ little tiny white and black ‘dots’ (particles) moving when you close your eyes, when you’re sitting in the dark and just watch or / and even when you have your eyes open and focus onto f.e. a wall or the ceiling?

Someone told me it has something to do with the ‘cones’ in your eye that receive lightfall but I discovered when I focus in on it, as bringing my ‘mind’ to a spot OUTSIDE my brain, it’s harder to see the spots/dots. However when I just ‘watch’ and keep my ‘mind’ and focus INWARDS, I see it better.

Well I guess people will believe I’m genuine nuts now, it’s so hard to explain how the dots look like ……. What comes most close is they look like very fast moving particles, smaller then small.

Have to say this: I’m a very intuitive person, never had any interest for Math and such when I was young. Maybe it’s something that is more ‘normal’ for intuitive people? Or maybe it’s true and humans are evolving into a more ‘subtile’ being, energy-wise I mean.

Peace! S&F

YES! On all accounts, YES! When I was a young kid, now 36, I used to see exactly what you are talking about with the dots. They would "fly" like a swarm of bees (best decription I could think of) when I had my eyes shut or open at times. This happened for years but then it stopped and I forgot about it until once about a year ago. I remembered that happening and wondered if I could make it happen again. I tried once, it didn't happen, so I forgot about it again until I read your post.

As far as the seeing with your eyes closed, this started happening about a year ago and at first I could just about do it anytime I wanted but now only when "it" wants to happen. First time though scared me a little. I was completely conscious (spelling?) in my mind. Meaning I was having thoughts while it was happening and literally wondered if my eyes were actually opened. Then I opened them and realized they were closed. When this happens, I can see everything in the room as if I am wide awake. I can look around and I can see color. Very odd.

Have no clue what it means, probably nothing. Thanks for the thread!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Maybe you should do a little research on what you described.

Start with this The Third Eye

[edit on 25-11-2009 by calcoastseeker]

I have been able to do that almost all my life.

If I leave my closet door open, even with my eyes closed in a pitch black room,I can "see"it open and I have to get up and close it.

Don't want the Boogey Man getting me you know.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by calcoastseeker]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
thanks guys for the posts, ill be doing quite a bit of research on this, im very curious as to why this "phenomenon(sp?) is happening now, and not ever before, and why so many people are capable of it...there must be a use..

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unthought Known

Originally posted by Melyanna Tengwesta

i

As far as the seeing with your eyes closed, this started happening about a year ago and at first I could just about do it anytime I wanted but now only when "it" wants to happen. First time though scared me a little. I was completely conscious (spelling?) in my mind. Meaning I was having thoughts while it was happening and literally wondered if my eyes were actually opened. Then I opened them and realized they were closed. When this happens, I can see everything in the room as if I am wide awake. I can look around and I can see color. Very odd.

Have no clue what it means, probably nothing. Thanks for the thread!

Lol, exactly! It's like being able to see through your eyelids. When it first started a few weeks ago, I would open my eye to see WTH was going on, and then regular vision reappeared and almost less defined my room. Weird, weird, weird. But neat none the less.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
it mainly freaked me out cuz...ive seen the shadows, didnt think anything of it,....but then when i tried to do this, it was like someone or something turned a light on inside my head, i could see EVERYTHING, jus very weird....

tried this again last night to no prevail, although i was super super tired so that could be why...

ill try again tonight

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

it mainly freaked me out cuz...ive seen the shadows, didnt think anything of it,....but then when i tried to do this, it was like someone or something turned a light on inside my head, i could see EVERYTHING, jus very weird....

tried this again last night to no prevail, although i was super super tired so that could be why...

ill try again tonight

Sounds identical to what I've experienced. I tried last night as well, and it would start, but I could never get the full effect though. It kept slipping out as soon as I was slipping into it. It really freaked me out the first time it happened to me too. I literally opened my eyes because I actually thought they were open, if that makes sense. It was like everything was physically there, but washed out in gray. Oh well, I'll keep playing w/ this 'thing'. My brother said this happened to him, too, but he can't remember the last time it happened.

Funny thing is, I never gave it much thought - meaning, I never remembered to ask anyone about it until I ran across your thread here.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
hello!
just some quick reply regarding your 'experiences':
sounds to me rather like something called 'remote viewing' (which includes all senses, not only the eyesight, eg smelling), rather than 'astral projection'. the astral projection usually includes leaving your physical body, which you didn't describe.

best,
bertrand

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
This is awesome, think we are on the threshold of a great discovery. I too have had a similar experience I'll close my eyes and still be able to see the area around me in a blue color ( blue color similar to the Movie DareDevil where he could see through sound) just previously this week while my friend was driving i was just meditating on the 3rd eye and reflecting like i always do, then i saw the outline of a truck, when i opened my eyes there it was. It seems only people more into meditating are aware of this, hopefully we'll be able to decipher this.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I get that...well I think, especially when I close my eyes and then you just focus...you see dots moving...

And can I just ask...what age did it happen generally to people? The bit when you can see with your eyes closed?

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
K - I had to dig this thread out so I could get some answers. As quickly as this showed up in my life, (a few weeks ago, or whenever) I've been trying to get it to last longer before I lose the concentration -

Now the thing that is baffling me, is I can't seem to make it happen anymore.... Is this normal?? I mean, don't give me a cool trick, and then confiscate it on me... I mean come on...... Will it come back? Does anyone know? If anyone told me about this before, I would have looked at them and be like 'ok, you go see w/ yer eyes closed then....'

But since I've experienced it, there is no real accurate way to describe it to anyone, and I am literally starting to forget the whole sensation, or an accurate memory of it, if that makes sense.. Anyone got any ideas?

Oh yeah - Merry Christmas everyone!

[edit on 12/22/2009 by hhcore]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I have had similar experiences while meditating, although mine were at first outlines and shapes, now they have become a combination of typical "sight"(through eyelids) and a distinct feeling of there being a hallway or a doorway in front of me. I have felt/seen weird shadowy presences before too, but I don't pretend to know what they were.

I mean to infer that it's a process. You are literally building and strengthening neural pathways everytime you meditate/work on this skill(or any skill).

Repitition and dedication are key. It seems like it was relatively effortless for you to see the detail in your room the first time, who knows what capabilities you may develop in time.

We all grow in different ways, but I personally find things easier when I don't "try". I sit down to accomplish a task(meditation), and allow it to be so. This method has brought me to all kinds of pleasant discoveries.

ps- Try looking at your hands, it's super-trippy. lol

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sunseeker

We all grow in different ways, but I personally find things easier when I don't "try". I sit down to accomplish a task(meditation), and allow it to be so. This method has brought me to all kinds of pleasant discoveries.

ps- Try looking at your hands, it's super-trippy. lol

Hey, wow. thanks for the quick reply! Funny you say don't try, as thats how it happened the first time. As much as I tell myself 'you aren't trying, just relax' my voice says in my head, are you kidding??? try harder! So, yep, need to work on that. As far as seeing my hands go, I've been wanting to see that for myself, after reading about it here. I may have tried at first when I was able to do this 'thing', but in all honesty, I was like WTH is going on? More of a dumbfounded state if you will.

But yeah, the sight was in fact like a fuzzy energy outline with substance & gray color. Both unreal, and the most real thing I've ever seen at the same time.

I really appreciate your response, though. TY ~

[edit on 12/22/2009 by hhcore]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94

And can I just ask...what age did it happen generally to people? The bit when you can see with your eyes closed?

Oh, well, if it means anything, I'm 37 and this is the first time for me. From what I've personally read, I think there is no set age from what I can tell, everyone thats spoken about it that I've read, happens at anytime throughout your life. Best I can tell, anyway.

new topics

top topics

join