It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roman Polanski Granted Bail in Switzerland, But Remains in Jail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Roman Polanski Granted Bail in Switzerland, But Remains in Jail

www.foxnews.com

A Swiss court has authorized the release of Roman Polanski on bail of $4.5 million, but the Hollywood director will be required to remain under house arrest and electronic monitoring at his Swiss chalet.

But despite the court’s approval, the Swiss Justice Ministry says it will keep Polanski in jail until it decides whether to appeal his release to the country's supreme court.

Spokesman Folco Galli says the ministry will make its decision "quickly," even though it has 10 days to appeal.

The Swiss Criminal Court still considers Polanski a high flight risk. Its ruling Wednesday said
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This is disgusting to me. I fail to understand how someone that is a proven flight risk would be allowed bail in *any* country!

House arrest in a Swiss chalet, how detrimental that must be for him. At the end of the article, it talks about how he may voluntarily return to the US, as he may face extradition, but then one of his attorneys "quickly rejected" that notion.

He need to not only face the charges for what he did, but to face the charges for fleeing, a point which none of these stories seems to bring up.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

They need to drag his sorry worthless ass back to the USA and treat him like a common criminal from the ghetto. You know how it works, keep making up charges on top of what they have already done. This man should spend the rest of his pathetic life in jail where he becomes some large mans wife.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
What does this guy have on some people that he is able to pull this crap?

Why is the guy not already back and in a US jail?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I am not Nostradamus, however I will make a prediction......and I think many of you know what prediction I will make. Here is the headline:" Polanski disappears after 4 hours on bail, investigators baffled."

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The reality is that while its a very emotionally touchy subject for many ATS members Polanskis belated incarceration at the hands of Swiss Authorities is all about politics and nothing to do with justice.

I predicted months ago when he was first arrested that it would never lead to him being extradited to the United States. I still predict that he will never be extradited to the United States.

There are two justice systems in the world, one for the rich and famous, and one for the poor and infamous.

The rich pay for their crimes when they have to at all with money.

The poor pay with their freedom and sometimes lives.

The Polanski case in Switzerland is simply a shakedown to fleece him out of some cash and a possible avenue of behind the scenes negotiations between the Swiss and American Governments and particuraly the IRS over the USB scandal and Swiss Banking secrecy laws.

Welcome to the real world, let the emotional missfits now resume their hang em high and castrate him with a rusty butter knife speil (yawn).

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I prefer boiling in oil myself.

new topics

top topics

join