It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last Album You Listened To (Rate It!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Hey homies,

In this thread tell us the last album (or albums) you listened to. Give it a rating and, if you want, discuss why you liked it.

I guess I'll share a few of the last albums I listened to:

Thy Catafalque - Roka Hasa Radio: 5/5

One of the best '09 metal albums that I have heard. It's really such a wonderful experimental black metal album. The second track is 19 minutes and has the most awesome break.

Negura Bunget - Maiastru Sfetnic: 5/5

Yeah, this is probably my favourite black metal album ever. The album opens with the track Vrernea Locolui Sortit which pretty much tells you what the album is about instantly. You know that this is good black metal, 'cause these dudes hail from freakin' TRANSYLVANIA!

Scott Walker - The Drift: 3.5/5

I respect this album. This is the only album that has truely been able to send fear into me. After listening to it several times, there are really only 2 very creepy tracks, and they're very well written. After that, the initial scare factor disappears and it ends up kinda dragging on. Very solid avant garde effort, though. Best listened to with the lights off. Not that I have done that.

Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers): 4/5

A lot of people disrespect rap a lot, and often call "rap music" an oxymoron. I used to be one of those guys. Granted, rap isn't my favourite musical genre, it has many solid features. I'm usually not the type of guy that listens to lyrics when listening to music so rap isn't something I'm able to adjust to instantly. What I do appreciate, though, are the beats accompanying the music. You just can't ignore the charm of the track Protect Ya Neck. It's so awesome.

AC/DC - Back in Black: 1/5

You're not Australian if you don't like AC/DC! Well, just as well I'm a New Zealander then, isn't it? Subtle sexual innuendo doesn't do it for me in music. If you're gonna base your career around it, you may as well just "I WANT TO HAVE SEX!" down the microphone. It's not really the lyrics that bother me about AC/DC, because as I have said, I don't particularly listen out for lyrics most of the time. I just hate the music. If you asked me what would be harder to play out of 5 Necrophagist songs and 5 AC/DC songs I'd answer you with "AC/DC". Why? Well, 5 AC/DC songs sound exactly the same, so it'd be hard to remember exactly how they all go. Anyway, they're a fun act, but I'm like the antithesis of fun.

Ok, now it's your turn!

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I like Bone Thugs In Harmony. The album was called Thug World Order and had several songs that I liked. However I like their earlier work as well since in there rap there is always a story on why things are busted from crooked cops to smoking shrubs. The most inspiring song in the album was "Get up and get it" where they explain that if you don't get off your a$$ and achieve your goals you will always stay a lazy bum and not accomplish anything in life. Flag for you Whine.

Edit: I give everysong except a intro a 5.

[edit on 4-2-2010 by Stop-loss!]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The XX - XX

English Indie debut. Tag team boy-girl vocals over low key guitars and bass. It's good. Voted one of the best CDs of 09

Raekwon - Cuban Revolution mixtape (Memory Man)

Superb remixes of the Chef's finest tracks. If you like The Wu or Cuban Linx, this is an easy 9/10 (vid's from Cuban Linx but I love it!)

Crystal Castles

Canadian punk electro. More killer than filler. 8/10

Blame One - Days Chasing Days

Bloody great CD. It's old skool hiphop with production by Blu & Exile. Up there with Cunninlynguists and 9th Wonder. 10/10

Jazmine Sullivan - Fearless

Nu-skool beats and soul. There's a million of CDs like this but she rises above them all. Gotta be around 8/10

[edit on 4-2-2010 by Kandinsky]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Daemonia Nymphe - Daemonia Nymphe: 4.5/5

Interesting Ancient Greek music. Well, obviously it's not from the BC period, but what's great is that it just could be a part of Ancient Greece. It's very minimalistic but overly enjoyable. I wish I had more of this sort of thing.

Kylesa - Kylesa: 4/5

Heavy riffs and more growls than present day Kylesa but it's still a worthwhile release. The production is a little too crude for my liking, but it's not uncomfortably crude like Boris or something.

Arctic Monkeys - Favourite Worst Nightmare: 3.5/5

I really don't like these guys at all which is disappointing because I somewhat enjoyed this album.

The Horrors - Strange House: 1.5/5

Urgh. It sounded like Billy Idol having sex with an organ while watching The Addams Family. I guess this is one pseudohipster album I won't be listening to ever again.

Richie Hawtin: DE9: Transitions - 5/5

Great minimal techno mix. It's all bleep bloopy so it's an acquired taste. When you fully get into minimal techno, though, it becomes unbeatable. Well, it probably can be beaten, but I like how unintrusive and groovy it is. This album is just fantastic.

new topics

top topics

join