It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems Try to Justify $300 Million Bribe to Senator Landrieu… Fail (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

From the video: The Washington Post reported on a provision in the health reform bill that would give the state of Louisiana – whose Senator, Mary Landrieu, is indecisive on health reform – $300 million. “The promise of the Obama campaign is to change the way Washington works,” CNN’s John King asks Sen. Sherrod Brown. King argues that this process is “Washington as usual, is it not?” Brown and Sen. Jeanne Shaheen were tongue-tied as to how to answer the question at first.

Umm,That's not FOX news by the way.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
It is a bribe, but whats new. Also if I was the Democrat leader, I would take this to a vote and let the chips fall as they may. Let the people who don't like it vote it down and the ones that want it to vote for it, but they won't do it like that. Because nobody in the Democratic group want to be known for destroying this bill and having to fight against it during election time. This is the game of trying not to let some powerful senators on the Dem side not look bad to the country, this is a game of saving face. The Republicans are laughing their buts off because they know that it's not them that are stopping the Democrats, it's the Democrats stopping the Democrats. I have to give it to the Republicans, when they are in power they know how to use there majority to get what they want. The Democrats are the gang that can't shoot straight. The Republicans are unified in their ideology, but the Democrats are a bunch of little tribes trying to say MY TRIBE IS IMPORTANT OVER ALL. Let it fail anyway, if it doesn't have a strong public option like the majority of the 1st world economies have let it fail. We will be visiting this issue again in 5 years or so when our society starts to see Medicare get cut and SS get cut.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I love how they skirt the entire issue, they go off topic to talk about the health care bill and how 300 million was a "compromise"

Government sucks

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
This is why I voted for Klobucher, she is the voice of the revolution. Look for her 2012!

-E-

[edit on 24-11-2009 by MysterE]

top topics

join