It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Board? Police Brutality/Law Enforcement Over Steps

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
A new board would be great.

As government continues to devolve, our corrupt police will "act out" to ever increasing levels. Just like Pittsburgh. We need to have these events prominently displayed.....

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
It's not just minorities that have to deal with police brutality. Poor white people will get clobbered just as fast.

Self preservation is an instinct. If a bad cop can tell that you come from money, he is likely going to be a little hesitant about inviting a gaggle of hostile attorneys into his life.

If you are clearly poor, or appear that way, then one should be calm, speak when spoken to and say Sir when addressing the officer.

I grew up quite poor and I encountered some nasty cops.

However, I still call them Sir because I am just a generally respectful person and almost all of my police encounters have been just fine. I'm happy to have them around....unless I'm speeding on my bike.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Aircow]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aircow
However, I still call them Sir because I am just a generally respectful person and the almost all of my police encounters have been just fine.

Theres a whole lot to be said about the ol' *attitude test*.

I've had some pretty rough treatment at the hands of the Police as mentioned HERE in a current thread.
To be honest some of that was, well, deserved. I rarked them up when I got older and so I got bashed...really I gotta take some responsibility for that too.

But these days, like you, I speak politely/respectfully...and often its all good.

Ultimately if you come at anyone with attitude then hell, can't really expect everything to be all sweetness and delight in return.
The manner in which I see/hear people speak to Police Officers and the amount of crap they throw at Cops...heck...I'd be tempted to give them a smack in the chops as well.

Sure, sometimes you come across a Cop who has read a bit too much Mein Kampf and has a chip the size of a tree on their shoulder...but generally I find what I put out I receive...or at the very least I don't get my car tossed and bashed...

Peace.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I started a thread on this as Seiko mentioned, but it was closed because the mod stated that the issue had been brought up before and was "stickied" so don't be suprised if this one ends the same. Great idea but I see a forum on drugs is more important

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Only if it involves some cover up or conspiracy. I do not wish to read the rants of those who hate the cops simply because they are idiots or scumbag criminals.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

I have gone back and bumped this thread because I still see an outcry for a place to consolidate police brutality and oversteps of authority.

The problem, in my perspective, has continued to become more and more rampant. I see a forum dedicated to this as a way to better consolidate and discuss this issue.

I do not believe that all cops are bad. To the contrary, my dealings with law enforcement has always been amiable outside of one incident in my childhood. Though I believe that this problem will continue to grow and fester if the culprits are not pointed out.

Bringing these incidents to light helps to identify the problem. When enough of this is consolidated in one area the problem becomes tangible and maybe, just maybe, people will be inspired to become more involved in their local politics and help to right this situation.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE
Why is it that police brutality and law enforcement exceeding their bounds is a problem now? For DECADES you had African Americans, Latino's and other minorities being shot, beaten, hit with high pressure hoses, etc and people would tell them to "get over it", sweep it under the rug and pretend as if it never happened. However, now that you see more white kids (especially the skateboarders) being beat up by police, see white grannies being tasered and basically see that the brutality is spilling over into White America, you call it a problem.

Awesome, took only nine posts for the race card to be played...

Anyway, regarding the topic there does seem to be a lot of posts on the subject and it might be good to have a consolidated place for those interested to view them.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join