It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What wrong with LA class SSNs?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Link to all the problems the submarine caused.

The link above will take you to the page where all the problems are put together to be persented.

Hope you enjoy.

Out,
Russian

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   
What, you couldn't get anybody to play on your other site?

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I kills me when I still hear claims from the Russians about American complicity in the Kursk sinking. The US Navy had nothing to do with it; the Kursk sank while preparing to live-fire an underwater weapon.

To be more precise, the Kursk was preparing to test-fire a VA-111 Shkval underwater rocket, when it apparently either ignited with the torpedo tube inner door still open, or it detonated while in the tube itself.

It has been confirmed that a representative from the PLA Navy was onboard, observing the test firing of this weapo, in order to evaluate it's performance with the possibility of the sale of these weapons to Red China.

I guess the Chinese won't be buying very many Shkval's any time too soon.......

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Certainly is a "single mindedness" of ideas (certainly no facts) on the website provided. The Los Angeles class SSN exceeds the combat capability of any other Hunter/Killer currently commissioned by any nation. Only the Seawolf (SSN-21) has increased theatre effectiveness, but I'm sure you'll find all of it's shortcomings as well.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I guess this is as good a place as any to post some kool pix.

SINKEX! This is how our Navy practices for war at sea, while simultaneously disposing of obsolete fleet vessels. The weapon used to sink ex-John Young was a Mk-48 ADCAP torpedo. The torpedo was
fired from USS Pasadena (SSN 752). The exercise took place in Hawaiian
waters 13 April 04.

SINKEX photo #1
SINKEX Photo #2
SINKEX Photo #3
SINKEX Photo #4
SINKEX Photo #5
SINKEX Photo #6

If you have PowerPoint, you can see how the ship went down from the submarine's point of view here.

This is what LA class submarines do........

[Edited on 21-5-2004 by Pyros]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
So you people think this is all BS and just fake shyte?

Out,
Russian

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian

Russian, you're right, the topic is being refuted more capably and with greater resolve on your own site than here. Perhaps you could get those fine chaps to come to ATS and give us a hand?

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
]

Russian, you're right, the topic is being refuted more capably and with greater resolve on your own site than here. Perhaps you could get those fine chaps to come to ATS and give us a hand?

Oh you people have lot of people maybe even to much

Out,
Russian

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Out,
Russian

Yes. Solid information as opposed to debunked speculation seems to show this.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duke_Nukem

Yes. Solid information as opposed to debunked speculation seems to show this.

Ok then Greenville and all the other none military ships that sank are fake? just to put a bad name on the LA class submarine?

Out,
Russian

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Ok then Greenville and all the other none military ships that sank are fake? just to put a bad name on the LA class submarine?

Out,
Russian

No not fake, I just do not see a design flaw in the Sub as the cause of all of the collisions.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Russian

No not fake, I just do not see a design flaw in the Sub as the cause of all of the collisions.

So can you give guess way it happens?

Not trained?

Bad active sensor...etc.etc.

Out,
Russian

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I'm sure some of the cat and mouse stuff was due to just playing to close. I think Greenville was showing off for the visitors, some are just going to happen when you start playing closer to the edge and pushing the limits. When you start increasing the amout of traffic and training to your edge it only takes one thing to happen to set off a chain of events that leads to trouble.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I'm sure some of the cat and mouse stuff was due to just playing to close. I think Greenville was showing off for the visitors, some are just going to happen when you start playing closer to the edge and pushing the limits. When you start increasing the amout of traffic and training to your edge it only takes one thing to happen to set off a chain of events that leads to trouble.

If they would use the active sensor then none will probably happen.

Out,
Russian

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
just wonderin do ur guys get to go on perisher courses
i heard of other nations doing it but i aint heard of yanks

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   

If they would use the active sensor then none will probably happen.

Out,
Russian

There are times when it is supposed to be used, but any time you do you just sent out a big red flag saying "Here I Am"

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
just wonderin do ur guys get to go on perisher courses
i heard of other nations doing it but i aint heard of yanks

Sorry, do you mean some of the training courses? Damage Control, Flooding, Fire Fighting, Escape.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
New here, and I'm a USN submariner. Couldn't resist scanning this topic, of course, but I haven't read all of Russian's links (and links from those) and will keep my cards close to my chest until I've done so.

I did notice, though, that all of these links go to OTHER discussion boards, which isn't exactly a trustworthy resource. Like anyone with the slightest modicum of common sense, I'm leery of anything I read online unless it's coming from a relatively reliable source. Most of the quotes I read on those discussion boards didn't even cite their resources.

However, devilwasp, I CAN easily answer your question. I recently ran across an article in Undersea Warfare about the first American officer attending the RN Perisher course. Fortunately, the article is still archived here:

www.chinfo.navy.mil...

As far as I know, he's still the only American officer to have attended.

V/R,
T

new topics

top topics

join