It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon: 75% of US Too Fat, Too Sickly, Too Dumb (to fight in a revolution)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Ok so they didnt actually say fight in a revolution, instead they said to serve in the military. Talk about a weakened populace. Another item on that list was have too many kids, and how damning that in general people I know with kids are typically the least interested in controversial talk, even though it's their responsibility as parents to try to provide a prosperous future for their children.

Danger Room:

More than three-quarters of the nation’s 17- to 24-year-olds couldn’t serve in the military, even if they wanted to. They’re too fat, too sickly, too dumb, have too many kids, or have copped to using illegal drugs.

www.armytimes.com...

This begs the question, what are the odds it could get that bad without an overarching agenda in social engineering to make it happen?

[edit on 24-11-2009 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I just do not think americans are going to do anything.

When people look back to yester year, people where spirited and thoughtful as they could think. Today like europe, americans for me have nothing that there forefathers had. Look at how europeans where so eager 100 years ago for change, today europeans have just rolled over for the eu.

Why are americans any different. People that have never lost there freedoms, do not know what it is like to want to be free.

Most americans like europeans live in a dream state today. That just says it all.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

They could fight the battle if it was a X-box, PSP3 game or World of Revolution Craft on line game.

Seriously though, take those games away and there would be a revolution. One called active participation.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Most americans like europeans live in a dream state today. That just says it all.

That might just be the biggest thing we have in common. I started a thread about EU 'brainwashing' and it quickly turned into a us vs. them thread of irritated Europeans, arguing that I was just trying to fuel the seperation with our differences. I had to explain to great lengths the brainwashing (indoctrination) is what binds us as exploited humans.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   

BTW- is it just me? Or if you look at the image from the chest down, is that Homer Simpson in that Image.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
In the aboveOP the pentagon stated that oneof the reasons 75percent of kids that couldnt join the military confessed to using drugs prior.
THAT is a CROCK.
When I went into MEPS before joining the military in '99, I told them about my past drug usage, they waived me off.
The "too Fat" part is also BS. I saw MANY overweight people enlisting into the military, and it was the militarys job to cut those marines/soldiers down to the appropriate weight. Now, with that said, there were some that were indeed "too fat" for them to lose enough weight.

When it comes to recruiting for revolutions, Im sorry but the civilians are not going to have a physical for people before joining in the resistance.
If you can shoot, cuss, or release toxic gas that could clear a 20x20 room by eating just one burrito, then I guarantee you that would not be a problem.

Pentagon, hah!
I guess people in the govt think a whole hell of a lot different then those people out on the streets getting royaly gang banged by those who dont even drive themselves to work.

I guess them having that mindset is a good thing for the resistance.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I have a certain feeling that when it comes to revolution, the number of 17-24 year olds isn't going to be the statistic they're going to be worrying about. it will be the 25-55 year olds that will be a majority force, and likely entrenched foe. the 17-24 crowd is all talk, even if they're fit enough, it'll be a rare one that would be useful from that age group. Simply put, they'r enot self starters and don't have enough to lose yet.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
So the revolution of the future will be fat and lazy slobs in their million dollar tanks and jets vs. grizzled old veterans and farmers with their rifles.

As long as the fatties dont run out of gas and have to get out of their little vehicle and run they should be alright.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Well i know that the military has a maximum weight you can weigh for them to let you join,

as for most people it is true that they are to heavy to meet that maximum requirement, although that does not mean that they are unfit to fight, It is mainly so that the military does not have to custom tailor uniforms and equipment.

I know speaking for myself that i being a larger person am also physicaly capable of doing just about anything a smaller person can.

i can run 2.5-3 miles without stopping to die, i do physicaly demanding work,

I think the biggest factor if a revolution hits will be that alot of the general public will knot know how to deal with the tactical offensive and defensive situations that would arise.

also i dont think enough of the general public would know how to deal with not being able to go to the store for food, living without utilities, myself i am confident enough in my and my families ability to survive in those situations,

just saying someone is to fat to join the military does not mean they are not capable of doing the actions required.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I just looked up a portrait of the joint chiefs of staff, and to be honest? More than a few of them look like they could stand to lose a few pounds and don't look all that healthy themselves.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I am too fat(but,I'm working on it),too sickly(breathing problems are
improving),too dumb(I proved I wasn't too dumb,I joined ATS).
I've been taking shooting lessons and just passed my C.C.W. course.
That's right,mamabeth will be packing!

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
I just looked up a portrait of the joint chiefs of staff, and to be honest? More than a few of them look like they could stand to lose a few pounds and don't look all that healthy themselves.

Kind of like the brunette Nazi's saying everyone needs to be blonde hair and blue eyes.

I hope to not have offended too many too much. Not everyone was born with a good metabolism. But not only do we have a big problem in this nation health-wise, the system is laughing at us all. It does everyday theres new headlines that wouldnt exist if they had any fear of us. When people fear the government theres tyraqnny, when the government fears the people there is liberty. And the system is deisgned to rob our health.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I spent 8 years in the Army. Nearly every ranking officer or E-8+ NCO is a fat ignorant slob. Just about all of them, not very many exceptions. All of them got where they are by playing the system also, not an ounce of merit.

Pot calling the kettle black. They can shove their statistics up their damn asses.

It's almost Army policy now for a 1st Sergeant to award himself the Bronze Star for simply serving overseas, even if they did nothing. "Doing their job." Here's a Bronze Star.

They awarded the two guys that got killed in my last deployment with Purple Heart and a Bronze Star (with Valor device respectively), and then every 1st Sergeant that rotated in and out every few months got a Bronze Star. They should all be hanged.

Edit: No, they shouldn't be hanged. Just smacked the hell around is all. I hate the Army, it's such a disgusting bureaucracy now. People wouldn't have much trouble fighting it if it ever came down to a civil war. Most units can't get around to policing themselves even after 12 months of extensive unit training.

Edit: Some errors...

[edit on 30-11-2009 by SyphonX]

top topics

join