It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Common Sense Always Loses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I've been researching UFOs and Aliens for years. There is tons of information out there and I've come to this site to learn more and interact with people who have similar interests as me.

After a few days participating on these forums and reading peoples posts I have made several observations. I would like answers, comments or any kind of feedback.

1) Disclosure is such a big deal these days. People are expecting the government to disclose information on UFOs and alien contact. If you assume that the government has been keeping secrets and lying to you all the time, why would you wait for them to give you information? Why would you now decide to believe what they say?

2) All footage of UFOs or supposed alien craft are inconclusive. With the technology out there and countless UFO hobbyists, how come no one has a clear image or video of a UFO? I can go out there tonight and capture a clear picture of a terrestrial aircraft of any kind.

3) All of supposed NASA data "confirming" alien contact are all out of context. The only astronaut who comes close to confirming alien contact is Ed Mitchell who admits information he presents are all from second hand sources.

4) Some of the best UFO photos are from people who claim that they have personal contact with aliens. Why not take a picture of the aliens themselves. Why not record conversations. Why not more convincing pictures if the goal of the aliens were to make proper contact with humans. (I'm assuming allowing someone to take pictures of them(aliens) means that they want people to know they exist).

5) Lunar surface "anomalies" and "structures." Has anyone zoomed in on an image of a non inhabited area of the Earth and found similar "anomalies/structures"?

I will cut this list short as I can go on forever and these questions are whats on my mind most at the moment.

By the way, I believe we are not the only civilization in our galaxy and maybe star cluster. When we start blindly supporting and sharing "evidence" it does not help our cause. When it comes to extra terrestrial life, the line between delusions and reality becomes extremely thin.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
And often threads with the least common sense get the most flags and stars.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I'm a believer and I always will be but these days I just can't help but agree with a lot of people in thinking this whole subject is a mess.

1) I'd be floored if they even released some of their files concerning the subject, I honestly don't think they give a s### one way or the other what other countries do in this regard. I just can't imagine the government disclosing anything no matter who is president or how much the people say that they are ready for it.

2) I have to pretty much agree on that. Some of the best footage out there imo is a couple of the STS vids, although now that I'm thinking about it I do like the Mexican air force video. I'm sure I like more than those examples but yeah most of the pics and videos out there could be anything, that doesn't even include the never ending supply of hoaxes.

3) I don't think there is any data available to the general public anyway confirming alien contact, if there was I've missed it and would love to take a look at it.

4) First you have to believe people are having personal contact, I'm on the fence with this one. However if you do believe it than you must take into account that many reports claim that within close proximity to UFO's and aliens that electronics become all messed up making recording them almost impossible, again I'd like to believe but that's pretty convenient as far as a lack of evidence is concerned.

5) Most lunar and Mars anomalies do nothing for me although there are a few that are interesting but there isn't nearly enough evidence for any of it to get me very excited. There are plenty of natural formations right here on Earth that look man made but aren't.

I'm convinced the universe and even our galaxy are teeming with life from microbial to things we can't even imagine. Whether or not we are being visited is the only real question imo.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
1. I've never assumed anything like "disclosure" was going to happen. Much like you think, a cover up is the opposite of revelation.

2. UFOs don't have a designated flight pattern they adhere to. They come and go quite randomly it seems. Which in nearly all cases leads to little to no good visual evidence. These days most people only carry cell-phone cameras which are even worse in quality than old public photographic standards. Any "good" evidence may well be squelched by whatever cover up is occurring. How many people in the public are going to know not to hand their UFO photos or videos to news agencies or government authorities who might well confiscate it?

3. There was also the deceased astronaut Gordon Cooper who claimed UFO cover-up after reportedly seeing them with his own eyes and on film (which was then confiscated and never seen again). I don't think Cooper mentioned seeing actual extraterrestrials, but an investigation into UFOs may uncover an ET origin.

4. You shouldn't take the word of alleged contactees if you feel them to have no credibility. I don't myself. Big claims require big proof and if they don't provide it then their claims remain just that.

5. We know Earth is inhabited with living things. No study is necessary of this type for this planet.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by Frith]

top topics

join