It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Conservative news outlet to be removed from Google searches?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
But don't blame the "liberal bias." NewsCorp is in negotiations with Microsoft to sign an exclusive deal for the Bing search engine. Their web content would no longer show up in Google searches (or any other non-Bing searches, presumably).

This would effectively remove direct links to Fox News, the Wall Street Journal, and other NewsCorp sites from Google. And they think that this would be a good thing? Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face...

news.slashdot.org...

The Financial Times reports that Microsoft is in discussions to pay Rupert Murdoch's News Corp, owner of newspapers ranging from the Wall Street Journal of the US to The Sun of the UK, to 'de-index' its news websites from Google

Uh huh...brilliant. Remove your content from the world's dominant search engine, and watch as page hits fall and you're replaced by rense.com and the Huffington Post. That'll stick it to the bloggers and drive users to Bing! [/sarcasm]

I thought that Steve Ballmer and Rupert Murdoch were smarter than this.

Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Wait getting a search engine to pay you, so they can post your stuff on there site which gives you lots of traffic? well whatever.. I say good riddance to fox news.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by theWCH

to me it reeks of an underhanded way to corporatize the internet. making it so that only those who pay to play get the content they want or need. i don't trust r-murdock and am very suspicious of his real[i/]intention in this move.

join