It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Militias=Patriotic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
"And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms....The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure" -Thomas Jefferson

Do I think militias are patriotic?

Yes, yes I do.

I have a question for you all. What is going to happen when one day you wake up to a nock on your door, and the people at your door are government officials asking for your weapons. What's going to happen when one day your religious rights are taken away, your freedom of speech is taken away? The militia will fight for your rights. You think the military is going to help? Who do you think runs the military? The crackheads in washington DC. Nono, I am not against our military. I love our soldiers, and have nothing against them. The militia is made up of regular people interested in our freedoms.

webspace.webring.com...

www.constitution.org...

[edit on 23-11-2009 by capgirl]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
S & F. I agree that Militias are patriotic. They have been given a bad wrap over the years, but they are definity necessary as one line of defense in case the governments cross the line.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Well when I hear that knock on my door... I will take my big stick and bust the knee caps and rope and hog tie 'em and take their equipment. Then when a Fema camp becomes open...that is where the POW's I collect will call their home.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I agree that most militias are indeed patriotic. However, there are a few that are organized and controlled by either extreme right or extreme left-wing personalities. Aryan Nations supported some and this other organization called "The Order" carried out operations described in a book called "The Turner Diaries." And let's not forget the people that run Eloheim City out in Oklahoma. Like I said at the beginning, though: most militia's are patriotic and support the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence. And I do support those militias and believe in the right to keep and bear arms. This is the only way to keep America truly free.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
"wake up to a nock"

Militias = Poor Spellers

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
in the words of Robert Tefton: "PATRIOT, n. A dangerous tool of the powers that be. A herd member who compensates for lack of self esteem by identifying with an abstraction. An enemy of individual freedom. See also "Bootlicker"." Sums it up for me. Yeah, they're patriots all right.

top topics

join