It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Jupiter Moon Harbor Fish-Size Life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Could Jupiter Moon Harbor Fish-Size Life?

news.nationalgeographic.com

"In the oceans of a moon hundreds of millions of miles from the sun, something fishy may be alive—right now."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
[url=http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/health/ocean-on-jupiters-moon-europa-may-harbor-3-million-tons-of-fish_100276421.html]www.thaindian.com[/ur l]

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.usatoday.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
This is a very short yet interesting article. I think its amazing how all of a sudden there are so many "new" discoveries possibly leading up to disclosure on ET's.

I bet that there is life ALL throughout our universe and that we the people are being spoon-fed one drop at a time.

If later down the road there is "proof" on the existence of life in Europa's oceans (which I'm sure there will be) that will be a huge step towards revealing other possibilities of life outside our planet...

I also included a link to another article regarding life on Saturn's moon for extra reference supporting the fact that there "could be" even more life though out our solar system.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Being a 22 year amatuer astronomer, ide say NO* not big fish..maybe bacteria or small mico organisms yes. Maybe... The moon yuor reffering to , is Europa. Problem is it has no atmosphere, so it recieves radiaiton form space, the sun, and jupiter itself. Not sure about tidal forces between the moons and jupiter, could or would not allow life. PLus its gotta be like 200 degrees F below zero! at those temperatures, ice is harder than rock*

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Yaeh, for sure!!

I read about this a few years back, on Europa?, it has a hard ice surface...
So they figure a few km's underneath this icy crust, there may be a luquid ocean..

And if there is liquid ocean, there maybe small scorching hot underwater volcanos... which could harbour life around it's base.

??????????/

I believe in God.. , but I just like to speculate..
Cause life cannot come from non-life..

We're unique

There's nothing alive under that Ice.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by berrygurrl

This story was covered on the 18-11-09 here. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just a heads up before you invest too much further effort.

Europa is well worth further study . Interesting times.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Oh thanks for the heads up!! Must have missed that one.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The topic of life in the universe has been beaten to death. The only people that have a problem with the concept is religous types.

My own personal opinion is we know for a fact that that life exsists in the universe we are proof. And if it's happend here the mathmatical odds are that we are not alone.

Wether you belive in god or aliens one thing we could all probobly agree on is chances are there is probobly something out there smarter then us.

[edit on 23-11-2009 by wantsome]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome
Wether you belive in god or aliens one thing we could all probobly agree on is chances are there is probobly something out there smarter then us.

I can agree. It might even be the fish-sized life. Contrary to popular ego, the human brain is an incredibly obtuse and stubborn thing. God forbid we have ice fishin' shows on ESPN from Europa.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Cause life cannot come from non-life..

Really!! So god also came from another lifeform too according to your "speculation".

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I'm certain we aren't the most intelligent species in this universe, otherwise nature & natural selection hasn't done very well for itself if that's the case.

I'm sure the universe is teeming with life, and I'm sure there's plenty of fishies out there swimming around and getting eaten by bigger fishies, all on distant moons and planets. Why not Europa... I think it's definitely possible, so we need to go and drill and have a look!

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Jupiter' moons are a miniature model of our own system, so the idea that Europa holds life is not far fetched or beyond belief.
What size of life would depend on a variety of factors, like how much liquid water is beneath the ice and if there are smokers down there, how numerous are they?
If the answer to both is plenty, then there's no real reason why life hasn't taken hold, but obviously though there are numerous other factors governing the creation of life, some of which we just do not understand.
The inner core could be heated by the gravity generated by Jupiter, which heats up the core of Io, which in turn would heat up the water

Extremophile
= Where life gets even a minor foothold, it adapts and takes root.

join