It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intel Wants to Chip Your Brain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Computer chip maker Intel wants to implant a brain-sensing chip directly into the brains of its customers to allow them to operate computers and other devices without moving a muscle.

Intel believes its customers would be willing to have a chip implanted in their brains so they could operate computers without the need for a keyboard or mouse using thoughts alone. The implant could also be used to operate devices such as cell phones, TVs and DVDs.

The chip is being developed at Intel's laboratory in Pittsburgh, USA. It would sense brain activity using technology based on FMRI (Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging). The brain sensing chips are not yet available, but Intel research scientist Dean Pomerleau thinks they are close.

Theoretically, different people thinking of the same word or image would have the same activity in their brains, but since no one really knows exactly how the brain works, this is not certain. Pomerleau and his team have used FMRI to scan the brains of volunteers to see if brain patterns match when they are thinking of similar things, and so far the results look promising.

www.physorg.com...

Bring it on I say. . . RFID paranoia will not keep me from taking the first step towards a "Ghost in the Machine" type future. This is incredible and I am willing to wager that this is the next big thing in computers.

[edit on 23-11-2009 by constantwonder]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Not me, i have no privacy what so ever. You live with no privacy what so ever,a nd people perving into your life, and you will see how much fun life will be.

People absolutely destroy your life, just for nothing.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I have two thoughts.

First, your avatar almost induced a seizure.

Second, there would be very little limits to what they could use a chip in your brain for. This including kill commands would make for a very scary outcome. Sure they say it's to operate computer machinery with your mind but we all must ask, what else could they use it for?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

I agree with you. I would get this chip too. That would be awesome to be able to type stuff just by thinking it or turn on the lights with my brain. If they throw in a free "Intel Inside" tattoo for my ass..consider me in.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

First of all, your avatar is smacking me in the face and taking my lunch money. Second, pc's with intel chips crash when I play poker online, i'll be damned if I'll trust them with my brain, or even worst, let AMD make one and my brain overheat
(that was for computer guys and gals here)

new topics

top topics

join