It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin Air Quality Warning (after low flying planes are heard)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Interesting to say the least. Someone hears a plane overhead at night making multiple passes. I post this there were reports of planes in the Ukraine. We'll know it a few days if this is . . . .

ukraineplague.blogspot.com...

I just received this email from someone in Wisconsin: Sherrie, I have been following your blog page on the internet since it was first posted, and I'm finding it quite informative. I thought I would share this information with you from my town of Platteville, WI this morning. Between the hours of approximately 3 and 4 AM this morning, I heard the engines from what sounded like small aircraft making at least 2 and maybe 3 passes over my house. This morning, I awakened to check the weather as I always do from the Weather Channel Internet Service. The following was posted by the National Weather Service from LaCrosse, WI.....

[edit on 23-11-2009 by LAUTERMILCH]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
thanks for the post.. news close to home is always pertinent

I was just sick with unconfirmed swine flu 2 weeks ago. I beat it. 12 days of hell, but I beat it with no damn perscription drugs.

good luck to everyone

[edit on 23-11-2009 by sticky]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
It looks like the truth seems to lie somewhere in between what your link states, and the reports from responsible press releases:

www.dw-world.de...

Eastern Europe on alert as suspected swine flu cases rise in Ukraine

Ukraine's European neighbors took action to prevent the fast-moving flu from spreading outside the country, where the Ukrainian Health Ministry reported at least 174 deaths and more than 1 million infections due to acute respiratory illness as of Tuesday.

The World Health Organization (WHO) assumes the majority are swine flu cases, according to a statement.

Slovakia, which reported its first swine flu death on Friday, announced it would close most road crossings in the east along its shared border with Ukraine, while Russia plans to examine people entering the country from Ukraine at checkpoints along its western border.

The World Health Organization dispatched a team to UkraineThe decision to shut down border crossings in Slovakia goes beyond WHO guidelines for combating swine flu, which do not advocate travel restrictions and border closures.

"This is the flu," Dr. David Mercer, head of WHO Europe's communicable diseases unit, told Deutsche Welle. "Efforts at containing it are not going to succeed."

The WHO urged caution before another potential surge in infections in Ukraine, though new reports cite a drop in new cases. Dr. Mercer called such predictions "premature."

"We are expecting, in fact, that there will be an increase in cases and a fairly high disease burden for weeks," he added.

Deutsche Welle is a well-respected German International Broadcast service.

Blogs tend to sensationalize news items.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
If people over in Wisconsin start dropping like the people in Ukraine did, you can bet we will be mobilizing around here and bugging out movie style.

Would the government be stupid enough to push the button on their own people again??

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I have not heard any plane at night in particular. However during the day there have been a few but not low flying or in a "crop dusting" form. I live near a small airport so this is not all that unusual to hear planes in the area.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happyfeet
If people over in Wisconsin start dropping like the people in Ukraine did, you can bet we will be mobilizing around here and bugging out movie style.

Would the government be stupid enough to push the button on their own people again??

If people do start dropping in WI you'll find the boarders closed in a hurry.

The flu pandemic offers a great 'wag the dog' opportunity. While you are fearing to leave your house to risk infection the government can make all sorts of changes such as a mass devaluation and restricting freedoms we currently have. Large crowds rebelling would not happen for fear of infection.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
They say Particle Pollution.
Particle of WHAT??
I used to live in Wisconsin.
It is mostly farms, except the industrial areas along the Lake.
And I understand they don't have much of that anymore due to factories being moved to China etc.
So where are these particles coming from?
Platteville is in the far Southwestern side of Wis...comparatively desolate over there as far as far as industry.

We lived 10 miles from downtown Milwaukee. There was always so much smoke and stuff in the air that if you washed your car or hung out laundry and then it rained, the car/laundry would get dirty.
If we painted the house (white) and the wind came in from the East the white paint would be gray.
Never was any such as air quality alerts.

new topics

top topics

join