It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a double FOE

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I just noticed the same member "foe'd" me twice? How do we manage to double-foe someone? Can we triple-foe?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

I double dog dare you to make the trifecta foe attempt!!

The hat trick of the foe list has long been considered impossible for generations.
Go for it. Piss that member off one more time.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by Bombeni

The hat trick of the foe list has long been considered impossible for generations.

This is hilarious.

Back to the OP: I didn't think you could even double up on "foe-ing" someone.
Hmm...
Possibly a glitch in the Matrix?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
One member here, is going for the record foe list, last time I looked his list was 5 pages long, I think he's out to foe every member.

But double....never heard of it.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

That's just about the funniest thing I've read in awhile. I have no comment other than to say thank you for a much-needed laugh. It was worth any point reduction I may receive for not contributing anything of substance.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Someone foed you, un-foed you, and then foed you again, hence the 2 U2Us.

But I see them twice on your foe list, so I guess they really mean it.

[edit on 23 Nov 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

The exact same person friended me twice... i have them twice on my friends list.
They obviously just like to make sure.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Theres a few people who it says I have friended and I didn't.
I hate the glitches.
One of them is a super mod so I asked and was told its just a glitch.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Theres a few people who it says I have friended and I didn't.

There are some users that have me as their friend that I've never seen and they don't show up in my list. I think it's kind of funny.

For example, there is a user with the name "God". As one would suspect, I'm one of his friends; along with all those that usually, in theism discussions, side with theism. Likewise, those that are atheists tend to be on God's foe list.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

I don't know about triple foeing, but let it be known, you can be a friend and foe at the same time. I just did it to you, Bombeni!

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

How did you even happen to find that you were on someone else's list, when they never showed on yours? How Bizarre. Love the irony, though.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I was bored one night and just started searching for random things and going through the member list. I'm a loser, I know.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Here is an idea springing from your experience.

How about you can promote or demote any topic or post.

The more stars, or promotes you give someone the higher up your friend list they get, and their border color changes to reflect how much you've starred them.

If you demote a poster - then his color changes to reflect that - if they have more demotes than promotes, they go onto your foes list. The more you demote their posts - the higher up your hate list they go!

Heh - thats a cool idea actually. I don't like to brand people as foes, but if you could demote posts - then you would be able to keep track of whether a poster largely agrees or disagrees with you, without simply giving them a once off label.

It would also be nice if the page didn't have to reload for every star
and flag - I've seen it done on sites before - you can promote or demote without reloading the page - then it saves when you navigate away (I assume thats how it works).

[edit on 23-11-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Holiday
One member here, is going for the record foe list, last time I looked his list was 5 pages long, I think he's out to foe every member.

But double....never heard of it.

Yeah, I've been trying to get on his "list" for years. If you aren't on ________ foe list you're a total nobody.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by Bombeni

Hahaha. No way, I'm too scared of what my happen with a never-before-attempted triple foe. Someone else go first.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I could be Way Wrong here, but if I was guessing, I think the Double Foe thing is probably a result of someone hitting the button in rapid enough succession that it just doubles up before the first action registers. Sort of like a double post deal.

[Edit to add]

@Bombeni: Too slow.

[edit on 11/23/2009 by yeahright]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
I could be Way Wrong here, but if I was guessing, I think the Double Foe thing is probably a result of someone hitting the button in rapid enough succession that it just doubles up before the first action registers. Sort of like a double post deal.

I tried that -- on you
-- and nope it didn't work. I don't consider you a foe just doing a little experimentation.

Edit: Duh, you would have to see if if you are listed as a double foe on your profile page.

[edit on 23-11-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Maybe it's a foe for you and a foe for Sir Gizmo.

These avatars have a life of their own some times.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Did that. it probably won't be possible every time, but occasionall when there's a lag prior to an action registering, if someone gets impatient and hits the button twice, that's likely when it could occur. You know how sometimes you go to submit a post and the system just sort of sits there? Sometimes that could be a computer issue and sometimes a site issue.

if you double up on an action when that's happening... double foe. I consider in that situation the second foe a faux foe. You know?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

A faux foe?

Now that was brilliant. LOLLLL

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join