It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

26% of americans believe Obama stole 08' elections

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Yep folks, 26% of americans think Obama stole the 2008 elections:
www.publicpolicypolling.com...

52% of Republicans think so to be precise:
www.alternet.org...

I have actually been looking for a thread on this topic but could not find one. There are a range of reasons why these fellas (and many fellow ATSers here) feel so. In part its the birther conspiracy where Obama is supposedly Kenyan born, making him unconstitutionally elected as president. Another part of this belief is that he stole the 2008 elections in cooperation with "Acorn". If theres other reasons as well please let me know.

I can't say im surprised at this result.... by 2007 the majority of Republicans were still supporting the Iraq war and the official reasoning from Bush. The polling in Texas as to whether Obama was muslim came to 23%. Polls are not the most accurate sources of information, but they do guide to somewhat of a consensus. These results are rather interesting, as this is the assumption that acorn somehow managed to bring in those 7 million votes.... and yet in the 2000 elections with 4000 votes in issue between Gore and Bush, somehow this was a very legit win for Bush by the view of conservatives.... it does show you this is most likely partisan differences showing up again.

I'd assume that here on ATS most folks would bank on the Obama Kenyan conspiracy to argue why he committed voter fraud. Should be an interesting discussion as usual.

SG

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

it's not "stolen" if this was all orchestrated before hand. who's to say each president is'nt picked by the nsa or cia years in advance? perhaps they are chosen since childhood to serve an agenda, and are briefed periodically as to what to accomplish and what to move towards. if that theory is correct, it's not that he stole it, it's that he is the one who the REAL people in control wanted as their puppet.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The only way I see Obama stealing the election is by the media propagating Obama into a bloody superhero and people actually believing it.

Obama making people believe they can make a difference with a dictatorship is laughable.

YES YOU CAN! YES YOU CAN!

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I prefer to say that he bought the election and bamboozled his voters with double talk and lies.
There may be some truth in the fact that he was preselected to take this job and the elections were just a formality. It is difficult to explain his explosive rise any other way.

We will never know and the nation is paying the ultimate price as the economy continues to plummet with no end in sight.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I am neither left or right and do not care about your country, but i believe ron paul got shafted out of the republican nomination. No one was voting for mccain, they just used mccain to give obama an easy ride to the white house.

I think most definitely obama was picked and they just made up the votes. Ron paul has proven that happens in usa.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I chalk it up to the possibility that - subconsciously anyways - many Republicans accept that this was the reality in 2000 so it makes them highly suspicious when events turn against them.

To be completely objective, however, I think it's ingrained in American political culture to be suspicious of whoever is in power. We have a deeply rooted history of antiestablishmentarianism. Do I win the award for typing the longest word on ATS? Is it even a word?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
This only proves what a lot of people in America and most in other countries have always suspected.......

That at least a quarter of all Americans are idiots.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
On the fence with this one SG. With the ACORN deal I would say yes. Due to the fact that most of my Family was stupid enough to vote for him, I would say no. Concidering we all live in the middle in the Plains states, that speaks volumes.

Of course most of them by June, really don't want to talk about it anymore also speakes volumes. They are pissed at the "Change" they got.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I don't think "stole" is really the appropriate term.

Prior to the selection of each party's candidates, I could tell you that a Republican was not going to get into office. So, the election was really between Hillary and Obama from the start. As for electing an Independant or any other minor poltical party's candidate... 2012 will be the best chance of winning that they've had. As more and more people watch the republicans send us to war and the democrats increase spending to provide for those "less fortunate" -- especially when those of us considered "fortunate" are having trouble making ends meet -- people will begin looking for an alternate platform from which to run the country. People are tired of war and people are becoming increasingly apprehensive about growing government to unprecedented levels.

As far as electing a woman over an African-American man...I don't think society is there yet. I felt the election was more about whether society had progressed to accepting a woman in charge over a man.

Although I am not a Hillary supporter, I was slightly surprised by the fact that people were not swayed by the notion that it was a way to have Bill Clinton as President yet again.

There are many questions regarding Obama's sudden rise to POTUS -- but I don't think it amounts to theft.

More likely it amounts to the realization that the media, and the media alone, is the actual entity that chooses our next leader. And let's face it -- Obama has the recipe for good media fodder.

Interracial marriage between his parents, a less fortunate childhood (although I have trouble with this one considering his education and wordly travels), estranged siblings from all aspects of the globe, first African-American president, a once rocky marriage that was saved for the sake of the children, a former drug user that quickly realized the error of his ways, a charismatic speaker capable of playing into the most unrealtistic of Americans' dreams, and the intelligence to be able to circumvent every promise with the promise of more.

To me, it sounded like the perfect character to what has become a media frenzied soap opera.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I think stolen is a perfect word for it. How in the heck do you get my state (Indiana) which hasn't voted democrat since the days of JFK, to vote for Obama? I can only guess that there were alot of dead people who voted democrat in burbs surrounding Chicago.

Not to mention this man openly promoted redistribution of wealth!!!!! How much more evidence do you need that he was a communist!!! Look at his Czars, all trained in Marxist philosophy! Come on!

And why are all of you so apologetic!?

"Well, he told a little white lie and that doesn't make him a bad guy!"

Even going so far as, "Well GWB did worse!" NO!

Your letting the media think for you! think about it! Does the media criticize Obama at all?!

People! Get a grip!

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

The elections were fair the popularity speaks for itself, now I am no so sure about the elections of 2000 when the supreme court and Florida decided the president.

Obama was not even near that type of incident with the elections.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
So then I was missing the NWO conspiracies then aswell? That Obama was pre-selected to be president? But then again we'd assume the rest of the 44 technically stole the elections.

So every election year its stolen for NWOers. It would not matter if the result was clear I assume.... although if people choose to vote for a candidate, it doesnt matter whether he was supposedly chosen prior.... wouldnt that still be democratic? I mean unless this conspiracy goes so far as to assume millions of votes were covered up, but then again we'd notice after all these decades. Just saying.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Are these the same 26% that believe Bush and Clinton were good leaders????

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Given the margin of victory, stolen is not the word I would use.

Apparently, you can't make everyone happy... That 26% need to get over it, and get ready for the next go 'round...

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
LOL lets ask this question how many americans think bush stole the 2001 presidency...Was it miami where people didnt get to vote or something of those lines...............

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
A more telling sign is that in polls of registered voters, less than a year after Obama is on office, have Obama losing to nearly any Republican candidate thrown out there. I think some of it is buyer's remorse, but most of it is McCain was a terrible candidate. The media knew it and pushed for him the whole way.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Obama's face in 1993 Movie release?

The Movie "True Romance" that was released in 1993 seems to have a subtle undertone.

If you watch the part of the movie where they are at Kings Island and also the Hotel room scene afterward the movie seems to go along to the song "Come Together" by the Beatles.

The lyrics go like this (4th refrain)

He's got Roller Coaster,
He's got Early Warning,
He's got muddy water,
He's one Mojo Filter,
He say 1 & 1 & 1 are 3.
Got to be good lookin' cause he's so hard to see,
Come Together, Right Now, over me.

Just take a Look at the Theme Park Charicature on their boys shirt in the Hotel Scene after the one at Kings Island.

Then watch NBC's coverage of the Barack Obama Inauguration and listen close to everything the commentator says "Looks like its too late to bite the hand that feeds you", and later on after his daughters take their assigned places in the audience "Looks like some sort of Fun House Mirror Effect"

& ask yourself, why if they knew where the daughters would be sitting on that important day would they set up the cameras so that one face is smeared behind protective glass, and the older daughters head is showing with the glare set up between them?

And the commentator would say exactly what he was supposed too.
These are people who control and abuse the lives of children for entertainment, and I wouldn't put them in charge of a fish tank.

So yes, it seems like he was chosen a long time ago and at a young age for that position by whomever.

[edit on 23-11-2009 by ticklemonster]

[edit on 23-11-2009 by ticklemonster]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
26%
That's not so crazy.

Nearly a hundred percent of the people that voted for him actually believed he was going to save the country.

Everybody makes a mistake once in a while.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Obama won by a landslide, electorally at least.

If he won by just a few thousand votes, like Bush did in 2000, I might see the possibility.

I think one of the things going in his favor was the number of young people, who are often apathetic, that turned out to vote for Obama. When you consider the demographics of many urban areas--young, educated, upwardly-mobile people moving to cities, especially ones that have previously been largely conservative--you see that it was largely the urban areas that carried the states, and they went overwhelmingly Democratic.

ACORN did register a lot of voters who previously were unregistered and/or apathetic because they thought their votes wouldn't make a difference. But they didn't register millions. ACORN is just a community organizer, not a huge political machine capable of buying elections or massive voter fraud.

For a long time people believed the Republican machine was unstoppable. In the 1990's and early 2000's they were often victorious. But they turned out not to be invincible.

IMO some people just cannot get over the fact that the tide of public opinion has changed. They refuse to fact the fact that the rising new generation is much more liberal. It's easier to blame the election on fraud than to admit you have been outflanked.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This thread should also be known as

"26% of Americans are idiots"

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join