It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arrested for Failure to Tweet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Justin Bieber's NY Mall Signing Becomes Near-Riot: Shoving Frenzy Breaks Out At As Fans Wait For Arrival Of Teen Sensation Justin Bieber

One minute they were lined up at a Long Island mall to see a teen singing sensation. The next, they were pushing and shoving in what police are calling a near-riot.

The cancelation of the event is blamed on "Justin Bieber fever" – and too little security. Now, a member of the singer's management team is under arrest, and parents are speaking out, reports CBS station WCBS-TV.

Bieber got to tell his side of the story Saturday morning on the radio.

"I was basically heading over to the mall where I was doing a signing," Bieber said. "They were not letting me in to the building; they threatened to arrest my mom and I."

The only person arrested was 44-year-old James Roppo, a vice president with Bieber's record company. He is charged with child endangerment and assault.

Police say Roppo failed to cooperate when he was asked to send a message on Twitter to help clear the crowd.

Is this for real? The state can now compel you to tweet?????

[edit on 22-11-2009 by loam]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Is failing to stop a riot the same as inciting a riot?

I hope there's more to this story, because I never use any of the social sites.

Did bieber say they wouldn't let him in? Sounds like this is overzealous mall cop at blame.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko
Is failing to stop a riot the same as inciting a riot?

I hope there's more to this story, because I never use any of the social sites.

Did bieber say they wouldn't let him in? Sounds like this is overzealous mall cop at blame.

WOW that is a great observation (no pun intended) is failing to stop a riot the same thing?
Everyone has the ability to try and stop a riot, but does not trying imply guilt as to inciting the riot?. its almost like the good samaritan saga, if you dont try to help someone and they die can they punish you the same as if you try to help and cause them further harm?

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
It must be a conspiracy..

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
As always, the more information you have, the more the story makes sense:

James Roppo, 44, the senior vice president of sales at Island Def Jam Records, sent out Internet messages to over 3,000 fans that Justin Bieber was signing autographs even after police dispersed the crowd, cops said.

The Canadian singing sensation tweeted a warning to his fans to stay away.

"They are not allowing me to come into the mall. if you dont leave I and my fans will be arrested as the police just told us," Bieber tweeted.

"The event at roosevelt mall is cancelled," he wrote. "please go home. ... I dont want anyone hurt."

Island Def Jam Records exec James Roppo arrested after tweens cause riot at Justin Bieber signing

[edit on 11-22-2009 by rogerstigers]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
arrested for not using twitter? HAH
good thing i dont use twitter

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Of course. Rioters usually check Twitter two or three times while rioting. Personally I check Twitter five times to be sure. That would have made everything better for sure, but he "failed to obey"... and of course failing to obey anything an officer tells you to do is a crime... I mean this is a dictatorship not a country where laws are written down... here they are just made up on the fly by officers and judges... makes things much simpler!

[edit on 22-11-2009 by truthquest]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Makes sense to me.. He "tweeted" to the "tweens" AFTER told the event was canceled .. He basically caused the riot. When police asked him to disperse the crowd via a new tweet he refused. Thus many angry hormone driven pathetic "tweens" start freakin out when this Justin kid doesn't show up (I've never heard of him)

The guy's a douche bag who put all the "tweens" in danger by inciting and then refusing to try and help stop the near riot of "tweens"

WTF is a Tween?

top topics

join