It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all Moon Watchers - Need help with Pics

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Obviously there is a lot about telescopes I don't know. Thank you for that explanation.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

There is no doubt whatsoever that the probes have great images of the Moon and there is no doubt whatsoever that they are being hoarded by the millitary. I'll throw in another... 'no doubt' that all the large telescopes on this rock all have good images of the Moon as there is no doubt that there would be glass and mirrors specifically recording the Moon to monitor what the people up there are doing. We "the public funding" all this cover up get second hand smoke and mirrors on a glass table

When you go back through historical evidence of Moon viewing through glass one can clearly see that when the Millitary became involved it all went to the #ter as far as 100% truth is concerned.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
John check your u2u as I've sent that link for you

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
For all of you following this and thinking "What's with this ISIS and Linux stuff, I only have Windows" I have good news. I found a windows program that is able to view and convert the .cub files I spoke of. I haven't ascertained if it will view other ISIS formats yet, but it works well with ,cub files.

The files are here, 4.8 gigabytes of Moon data in the form of 4 big image files.: ser.sese.asu.edu...

The program that can view these files if called FW Tools and it is found here:fwtools.maptools.org...

FW Tools are made up of 2 programs.. a command line application and a windows GUI called Open EV. use the Open EV to load and view or convert the .cub files.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Sweet! nice work on the hunting

I'm waiting on drivers for my soundcard for win7 then, format... reinstall then back to hunting

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
hey, wasn't there a thread here yesterday where the guy had images of the moon where you could see buildings and stuff covered in a film of lunar dust?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

That's a simple way of seeing .cub files, thanks for posting it.

But for those that can use it, ISIS has much more capabilities, including making those huge files from the small original Clementine images (I think they were just 512x512 images) and overlapping the different channels.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Somamech

There is no doubt whatsoever that the probes have great images of the Moon and there is no doubt whatsoever that they are being hoarded by the millitary.

Why would the military hoard images of a dead rock? You can get all the great images from LROC right here:
lroc.sese.asu.edu...

I'll throw in another... 'no doubt' that all the large telescopes on this rock all have good images of the Moon as there is no doubt that there would be glass and mirrors specifically recording the Moon to monitor what the people up there are doing.

"The people up there"? What are you talking about? Amateurs with smaller telescopes with easier-to-compensate-for atmospheric distortions are recording the moon with subarcsecond detail in some cases, they don't see anything unusual. Explain to me again how a very large telescope will be able to use a star to run its adaptive optics system while it's staring right at the very bright moon?

When you go back through historical evidence of Moon viewing through glass one can clearly see that when the Millitary became involved it all went to the #ter as far as 100% truth is concerned.

Amateurs still look at the moon through glass, what's so special about that versus a reflector?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

You have to answer your own questions there

I could rattle on about many myths that have been created about the Moon by the Millitary but I wont as I think even with the logic you have replied to me with one must see that the irregularites of the information provided by the very people that you are obvioulsy trusting are flawed

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Don't know about Google, but you should try Richard C Hoagland's excellent book 'dark mission-the secret history of NASA'
In the book are some in depth analyses of 'anomalies' in NASA pics of the moon & mars. Also is a link to an italian site that has 1000's of hi-res NASA photo's-including those 'anamolous' ones.
It's called spacearchive.net
hope this helps.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Somamech

You have to answer your own questions there

You brought this "people on the moon" business, if you don't want to support your own claim, I'm not going to do it for you, nor am I going to try to make your argument for you as to how a very large telescope would regulate its adaptive optics system without being able to use a real or artificial star, nor will I try to make guesses as to why you think people in history were able to see things on the moon "through glass" that amateurs with superior equipment today can't see.

I don't know what exactly you're trying to get at, but I'm not going to get at it for you.

I could rattle on about many myths that have been created about the Moon by the Millitary but I wont as I think even with the logic you have replied to me with one must see that the irregularites of the information provided by the very people that you are obvioulsy trusting are flawed

I have yet to see "irregularities" that would lead me to believe the military is lying about the moon.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by ngchunter]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

So you are saying to all that visit ATS that all is normal as per what the millitary say regarding the Moon ?

AT least my comments snuffed you out for what its worth

I do work for the Milliatry, I KNOW what they think about the Moon and its Sad as some think think they can blow it up if need be which is far fromn the truth.

You want to be smart lets see how far you can go?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join