It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New EU Tax to kick off next stage of NWO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Appologies if this is not in the correct area of the forum but it is my 1st thread ive started in the conspiracey forum and found this news article very interesting. This has really confirmed to me what i have been thinking the main aim behind the EU is a NWO , power , greed and control .

EU president wants to see a new Euro tax

Source
: www.independent.ie...

EU president wants to see a new Euro tax
Sunday November 22 2009
IRISH taxpayers will be hit by a new Euro tax which will be introduced to fund the expanding Brussels bureaucracy if new EU president Herman Van Rompuy gets his way, the Sunday Independent can reveal.

The former Belgian prime minister will put his weight behind controversial proposals already floated by the commission's head, Jose Manuel Barroso, for a 'Euro tax' when he assumes his new role on January 1. It would result in a stream of income direct to Brussels, funding budgets that critics say are already rife with waste and overspending. The news was met with some scepticism by the Department of Finance last night who said that taxation matters remain the responsibility of member states and there is no agreement to change that situation.

Mr Van Rompuy, 62, who was appointed to the newly created €350,000 post at last week's EU summit, set out his stall on direct Euro taxes during a private speech at a recent meeting of the Bilderberg group of top politicians, bankers and businessmen. The group officially meets in secret, but when details of his remarks leaked out, his office was forced to issue a public statement on his behalf.

"The financing of the welfare state, irrespective of the social reform we implement, will require new resources," he said. "The possibility of financial levies at European level needs to be seriously reviewed." Mr Barroso, whose commission acts as the European Union's executive arm and civil service, has set out alternative plans for a Euro tax that would involve Brussels taking directly a fixed percentage of VAT and fuel duties. Supporters say it would take a fixed proportion of the existing tax revenue rather than increase it overall, and make the cost to taxpayers of running the EU more transparent. Critics argue this could backfire by increasing anti-Brussels sentiment.

Mr Van Rompuy has not set out in detail exactly which mechanisms he favours most, but after the meeting his spokesman said he would look favourably on either green taxes or a version of the Tobin Tax, proposed in 1972 by US economist James Tobin as a tax on currency speculation.

Any move to introduce any direct taxation to Brussels is set to be fiercely opposed by David Cameron's Conservative party in the UK, which has maintained its hardline Euro-sceptic stance. "Competition in Europe depends on member states being allowed to have competitive tax regimes," said Timothy Kirkhope, leader of the Tory MEPs. Opponents could underestimate Mr Van Rompuy's determination. Ostensibly chosen for his skill as a consensus-builder, he is also a ruthless political operator

[edit on 22-11-2009 by blaaboy]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
yeah i've read about it too.
i've also read that it's strange that some content was made public by an anonimous participant at this Bilderberg meeting at Hertoginnedal castle in Brussels, the day before EU meeting. Since this never happened before it might also be an effort from inside the group to disgrace the then frontrunner for the post of EU president, Vna Rompuy.

But anyhow, we won't know what exactly has been said there. but i'd like to add that not the president alone decides about taxes in Europe. In every case he needs the approval of the 700 member of the european parliament AND the commission.

personally i see no harm or viciousness in this idea. The Eu is a big (con)federation and is meant to exercise its centralising role further to strenghten European identity, mirroring the United States. THats what the lisbon treaty is for.
Besides, federal governments making legislation for their (member)states have also been taxing their constituents since the 1950s in the USA.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
EU superstate here we come!!

Why do I get the feeling that this is only the tip of the iceberg regarding the policies these elite's would like to introduce.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kcfusion

Have we not already seen plenty of eu stuff already implemented. I know in ireland there are laws of laws already there from eu.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

You know you love the EU Kc.. Admit it. The New World Order rules!!

Originally posted by andy1033
Have we not already seen plenty of eu stuff already implemented. I know in ireland there are laws of laws already there from eu.

Just over 70% of laws made concerning Ireland are at the moment are made by the EU.. most of them are small pieces of bureaucratic legislation to do with the EU economy, social areas or Justice system. Still though, it shows how many laws the EU makes.

I have no problem with the EU or its future as a superstate because we need it to counter balance China and the US in the world.. personally Im pretty sick of being dictated to by the US empire and its gonna get worse as China starts getting in on the action.

At least with the EU, we have a say and a massive bloc/economy where we can dictate to ourselves and have a common history/goal/whatever.. as long as it democratizes properly over the next decade and begins to lay off on the over regulation of sections of its economy.

[edit on 26/11/09 by Dermo]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo

At least with the EU, we have a say and a massive bloc/economy where we can dictate to ourselves and have a common history/goal/whatever.. as long as it democratizes properly over the next decade and begins to lay off on the over regulation of sections of its economy.

[edit on 26/11/09 by Dermo]

Yeah the NWO rock!

Problem is Dermo everything you wish for the EU hinges on "as long as it democratizes properly over the next decade" - Not going to happen! and "begins to lay off on the over regulation of sections of its economy" - Man you is tripping! This is only the start of over regulation, in ten years time you can say goodbye to democracy with the amount of regulations that will be pushed through.
And dont say that will never happen or be allowed happen....sure look at the carbon tax BS made up from a load of lies yet every country is going to pay it! WHY? Because we have f*ckin idiots for governments who go along with any BS they are fed from the EU!

I hope the EU you envision does comes true, but on its current path I cannot see that happening... unless you can show me some stuff that proves me wrong about the EU...............

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

75% of the legislation on the UK statute books is reputedly as a result of EU directives.

Oddly enough, being as Euro-sceptic as Britain is, we are the ones who follow all the rules to the letter and are punished if we even question them. Other "pro-Euro" countries like France and Germany gain the benefits of being members, but rarely implement EU directives and escape punishment.

The EU is just the latest attempts by France and Germany to control the continent. They have been trying for hundreds of years, but always independantly and with the other opposing them with British support.

Britain, historically, has always opposed a united Europe yet recently, the French and Germans have teamed up and the resulting alliance between them has now got Britain being sucked into a united Europe, the very one we have been fighting not to be part of for nigh on 1000 years!

They got us in the end.....

EDIT: Oddly enough, I suspect the British would openly welcome a united Europe if it was reformed and followed our liberal democracy ideology, but they do not. Much of Europe is governed by very left wing groups and all seek to control via mountains of legislation, which until recently (thanks Labour...) was not the British way.

[edit on 26/11/09 by stumason]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Well the EU can hardly be expected to make more of a mess of taxation or corruption and bureaucracy in governance than the UK government(s) to date - neither labour or tory parties have anything like perfect track records now do they?

Perhaps the question in the UK ought to become - well if we're paying (taxes) for EU governance, why are we paying so much (tax) again for a UK governence - which seems to amount to little or nothing but extravegant theatrics and waste whilst failing to prevent any significant or key changes imposed by Brussels?

[edit on 26-11-2009 by curioustype]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Indeed, but what is to be done? Perhaps if the main parties were more honest about the situation the nation could progress to a more meaningful debate/position?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by curioustype

I think that would go a long way. British people are quite amenable, but hate being lied to. If we feel like we've been lied to about europe, we will be against it no matter what it's intentions. If they were honest about things, we'd probably go along with it.

When I was younger, I was pretty pro Europe, but after years of being lied to and led down the garden path, I have grown very cynical and it doesn't go away easily.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Perhaps if the UK political strata were to realise or feel an approaching increase in pressure from the cash strapped UK electorate to justify their continued existence/relevance in relation to the same electorate's EU servants in Brussels (we are all increasingly European citizens rather than UK citizens now aren't we? - he said not at all tongue in cheek) they might be provoked into re-examining their stance on the matter?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
goodbye freedom

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by kcfusion
I hope the EU you envision does comes true, but on its current path I cannot see that happening... unless you can show me some stuff that proves me wrong about the EU...............

And that I can you headcase..

Democratization is built into the Lisbon treaty.. you should know this!! Why are our elected governments quickly gaining more and more power in the runnings of the EU along with our elected MEP's? Why are EU leaders talking about widespread elections for big EU positions over the next decade? Elections for 500 million people is a big deed and hard to organize.. who do we need to elect at the moment to make it democratic? Our "President" is more of a prime commissioner and our new foreign minister is a diplomat.. since when do we vote our prime minister? We vote the party and the party votes them.. Have you ever voted for a diplomat?? No.

There talk about relaxing the policy of inflexible economic regulations in countries of varying size and industry.. I actually just saw it being discussed on the news two minutes ago.. Most of the conspiracy nonsense is nonsense man, you know how much I know about this stuff, there's no point in arguing it with me coz ill have a real answer for 99% of things

Carbon tax.. thought you above all people would have copped this.. its so simple man. We're hitting peak oil right? Its going to triple in price over the next 20 years, its already happening. By taxing us on emission heavy products and fuels, we can be weaned off Oils to a substantial level before the price hikes crash our economies... and it will. Imagine oil costing 3 times more now.. what would happen to our electricity, cars, heating, flights etc etc. Our governments use the "Global Warming" lie because they cant outright use the above argument with China and India as there is also the global governance thing built into the Global warming issue.. without it, there would be no way of western powers getting a stranglehold on Chinese and Indian economies. And without China and India adopting a form of Carbon tax or emissions cut, it will cause an unfair advantage on the global market to them because of a slight price increase on everything in the west.

End of the day, the Global warming nonsense has always been nonsense to me but many of the goals are noble - going green, green economies not dependent on increasingly expensive oil .. its the global governance thing that im not that into but thats the evolution of human civilization and always has been. Who are we to argue with it. This global authoritarian dictatorship thing is a load of nonsense because it will democratize but at the end of the day, when did any of us really have a vote on what goes on?? Even in our own countries. Never because all of the important international issues are dealt with behind closed doors.

top topics

join