It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we gods?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex
HERE
Edgar Cayce On this Issue

I have this thing against claims of psychic knowledge/experience or even personal experience alone for claims of truths or facts. I've come to a point where I find people dishonest in their claims if they cannot produce evidence for those claims or if I am unable to see either logic in those claims or am unable to reproduce those claims myself.

It's nothing personal, it's just from years of my own experience with dealings of my own personal experience and hearing stories of others personal experience. It just seems readily apparent that six billion people on this planet with contradictory personal experiences obviously means that personal experience is a faulty indicator of anything being claimed as truth from it.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
No...we aren't "Gods"...but we can be...

Second line

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
We are no God, but are the God of War. We expand and then contract places we dwell in to do certain things in. And there are goddesses which are sex slaves, but not in this world. We are also changeable into Ancient Gods which are not God either, and not in this world again, but such do man the goddesses sexually and intellectually. That's just my understanding from the bible and this world in certain ways.

If we were in control of ourselves in this life, then we could stretch forth our arms like Apocalypse from X-men. We are in a God of war faze with structures we cant control while inner.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by Tormentations]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
If this was a serious question then I'm in.
Are we Gods? NO.

The reason I say no is because there is only one, not plural.

Are WE God? YES !!!!

We are all ONE, and that ONE is called GOD in our terminology. The reason 'we' think we are all different individuals is because we chose to experience this apparent separation. Everything 'we' see is an illusion we created to symbolize an impossibility...separation from God.

Jesus and Buddha figured this out in their time and so can we. It is not just a knowing. We must come to the truth of the experience. THE TRUTH. ONENESS.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

In a way, we are Gods, I mean if you think about it if you truly believe something as fact - then it is true, at least to you. So if you tell yourself, fully believing in what you're saying/thinking, that you're a God than you are one...

Maybe the most I'd go as far as saying we are sort of 'mini Gods' since we do have the power to change a lot of things, and find all the answers we need by spiritual means.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Just a general question/remark:

Isn't god supposed to be immortal (both physically and consciously)?

We fail miserably on the latter, and even the first one is questionable. Yes, the matter may be eternal; but it decomposes and scatters. God is supposed to be eternal right?

We can agree that we are creators, in the sense that we create. We build stuff from legos (metaphorically), but we didn't invent the legos.

-v

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
we are all our own gods

you, in your mind have an image of the universe in there

your own vision of the world

and that vision exists in this "physical" universe, so it exists! YOUR universe!

so, yes!

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I would say we are all mini-gods. micro creators and destroyers in the reality created by god. It is my belief that god is pure consciousness, and we are all his thoughts. We are a sliver of his consciousness, while he is the entirety of all consciousness. Together, we are all god, and divided he is all of us.

Reality is just how the singular (god) consciousness entertains itself, and to forget for a time, that it is truely the only conscious thing.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

God, and all of us are immortal in the sense of consciousness. While you may die and be reborn, the act of consciousness is always there.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Anyone who thinks along the lines of the OP's thread title is 99.999999999% (recurring) lost in their own ego. It is this kind of thinking that makes me want to lop their heads off and sacrifice them to the very Gods they dare to liken themselves to.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by pharaohmoan

Because your opinion is more important than anyone elses?

Who here can truley say they understand god, much less, promote violence in its name.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
If we're gods, does it change anything? We are what we are.

If we're gods, then god's aren't so impressive any more.

Personally, I subscribe to the idea that "we are all one consciousness, experiencing itself subjectively" (Bill Hicks).

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join