It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obfuscations by Cointelpro on the net and here at ATS!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Has anyone else noticed the obfuscations by certain members here and on other sites on the internet.

Every time certain subjects turn up, we have facilitators interrupt logical discussion. It tends to be a good cop/bad cop routine with a mixture of asinine arguments.

Just look at any thread that shows the hypocrisy of the oil supply.

Look at any thread that has any political debate that calls for us to come together as a people.

Let us call them out, let us ask them what their intentions are, let us ask them what their purpose is in inciting divide and conquer techniques among other distractionary tactics.

It is not Dem vs. Repub it is US(people) vs. Them(Elite)

It is not Alternative Theories vs. Entrenched Science it is Reasonable Speculation vs. Them(Elite)

Do you not understand the destruction of our own debate with them(Cointelpro) causing havoc.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Yup - at risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist - I HAVE noticed on two different threads, these same two idiots bringing up pointless, but emotional arguments, and it sucked in a good number of people. Post count was around 40 on one and at least 30 posts were absolutely unrelated to the OP.

Forgot who or what threads but one of them is on my ignore list if you feel like looking

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Thank you for your response.

I have noticed your posts on several threads lately. I have only been here for appx 6 months and have noticed that obfuscation has gone exponential recently.

I am normally a mellow type guy, yeah right! But, damn I am getting really sick of it.

I believe this is one of their purposeful outcomes. They try to destroy the actual discussion and try to get us to leave certain sites(such as ATS).

Love your Avatar by the way.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
As a long time member, current FSME and a former Mod, I can tell you that you will learn to ignore the malice and just dismiss everything as crap!

You WILL eventually find that you'll learn to recognize those who are in the thread to pop off some off-topic diatribe and you see the thread rolling into the ditch.

You'll eventually find yourself thinking it's better to not address the off-topic distraction and hopefully do what you can to bring the topic back to the front.

I see the distractions and chuckle to myself now. I know what's going on and I refuse to kick that ball back into play. It's hard not to react and take the bait, but, I have faith in the members to realize that the only thing they can do is not feed the trolls, but, keep walking until they're over the bridge.

Hang in there man!
Cuhail

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

Yes, you are right, but dammit, I always fall for the bait.

What really gets me going is the tag team efforts they use. You have an excellent discussion going and the next thing you know is 3 pages of off topic or diatribes about something so obscure to the topic, you have to try to get it back in perspective.

Thanks for your response.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I haven't noticed it so much, but then I simply stop reading threads that start to get personal.

I don't think it matters a bit what someone's intentions are, when they post. What matters to me is their logic, the facts they present and the reasoning behind any conclusions they make. Who cares what their motives are? If their argument is sound, it's sound regardless of what they feel. If it's lame, then it's lame. Again - their state of mind doesn't matter.

Unfortunately there are some who get highly personal, dismissing someone's posts by saying things like "anyone who (dis)believes that is an idiot", or "we all know that X is (un)true". such statements are worthless.

I wonder whether the people you're talking about are "trolls", people who post inflammatory comments in order to get others to jump in with their own highly emotional opinions. Some people without a life find it amusing to do things like that.

I *don't* think there is any concerted "cointelpro" activity going on. It seems to me that we've got enough members here that muddy the water, withour requiring intervention by the government or other agencies. Of course, those emotional people could be agents provocateur, I suppose.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by notreallyalive
Yup - at risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist - I HAVE noticed on two different threads, these same two idiots bringing up pointless, but emotional arguments, and it sucked in a good number of people. Post count was around 40 on one and at least 30 posts were absolutely unrelated to the OP.

Forgot who or what threads but one of them is on my ignore list if you feel like looking

I had that happen to my thread about Ft Hood.

I completely agree with OP.

new topics

top topics

join