It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monoliths on the moon or something else!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Did you ever see this photograph taken by chandrayaan 1 on late November last year?
Well neither did I. But what I found astonishing was that when I Examined This big crater
I noticed something that I found very unusual, if you look on the side of this crater you see two tall stone shaped objects standing right beside each other, and it seems that there’s a third in the midst of those two.

But that is hard to see. Also on the top of the crater you see a large stone object. If you look around this mountain further you will see that there are more of these large stone objects. But what I mainly want to discuss is the two large monoliths that are standing beside each other. I say monolith because if I say something that totally alienates from this stone object I probably will be debunked the rest of this thread. So I say Monolith!

As seen below!

Lets do the closeup!

slightly different angle?

Why do I think these large stones are monoliths well the shadow betrays it, it’s long as you can see and ends sharply ,agree?
Now we are going to understand what the word monoliths mean.

A monolith is a geological feature such as a mountain, consisting of a single massive stone or rock, or a single piece of rock placed as, or within, a monument. Erosion usually exposes the geological formations, which are most often made of very hard and solid metamorphic or igneous rock.

Monolith

Uhh… erosion … On the moon? But erosion can’t be possible on the surface of the moon, because it needs wind water or ice. Well we know now that there is ice and they also discovered water but is there wind on the moon, guess not or? However, seismic activity and impacts from asteroids may cause effects not dissimilar to erosion.
But can it form two monoliths next to each other? And much more that are surrounding this mountain?

Like this picture

Or can it be that this is some kind of menhir? And a menhir is a large upright standing stone.
Menhirs may be found singly as monoliths, or as part of a group of similar stones. Their size can vary considerably; but their shape is generally uneven and squared, often tapering towards the top.
Menhirs are widely distributed across Europe, Africa, and Asia, but are most numerous in Western Europe; in particular in Ireland, Great Britain and Brittany. In northwest France there are 1,200 menhirs. [1] They originate from many different periods across pre-history, and were erected as part of a larger Megalithic culture that flourished in Europe and beyond.
So if this is so then has there been some kind of Megalithic culture that flourished on the moon eons ago?

Well okay enough it’s up to you guys the longer I watch this the more rocks and dust I see.

Source chandryaan

[edit on 11/15/2009 by 0bserver1]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Just like all of the lunar anomalies i have seen rocks and dust. I will give you credit though normally people that talk about lunar anomalies lower the picture's quality so much it is hard to see it as a rock much less what they propose it is.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
That is not a mountain. It is a crater. As can be seen by the shadows of the rocks, the sunlight is coming from the lower left. Notice that the lower left side of the crater is shadowed by the lower left part of the crater rim and that the upper right side of the crater is illuminated by direct sunlight. If it were a mountain the opposite would be true.

There are large rocks all over the Moon. They are usually found to be debris from asteroid impacts.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

A monolith is a rock and is surrounded by dust but it can't be formed on the moon like on earth so It's unusual.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Oh wow yeah your right .. I did find it strange how the light reflected off

new topics

top topics

join