It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 New Sunspots Emerging - 19th Nov 09

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Hi all,

for those of you who are interested, there are currently 2 new sunspots forming over the suns northern hemisphere.

whether they will form into anything noteable is anyones guess just now, but its good to see at least a little activity in the old girl!

Two sunspots are emerging in the sun's northern hemisphere. Both are members of new Solar Cycle 24. Sunspot 1032 appears to be the reincarnation of old sunspot 1029. Credit: SOHO/MDI

[img]
[/img]

www.spaceweather.com...

Its interesting how NASA say the next Solar Peak is to be Mid-2013, but as yet activity is still very low! Wonder if this will change soon?

[edit on 18-11-2009 by grantbeed]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Predictions are holding for the first half of 2013 but the number of sunspots is falling.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

yes, it will be an interesting time in the first few months of 2010 to see if things begin to ramp up.

If not, maybe the predicitons will possibly have to change?

link   
reply to post by Phage

yes, it will be an interesting time in the first few months of 2010 to see if things begin to ramp up.

If not, maybe the predicitons will possibly have to change?

link   
reply to post by Phage

woops. the double/treble post not intentional!

[edit on 18-11-2009 by grantbeed]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Are those predictions based on statistics?

Because, nobody predicted such long period of "inactivity".

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
"Solar Activity Forecast: Solar activity is expected to be at very low to low levels. With the emergence of Regions 1032 and 1033, there is a slight chance for a C-class flare."

Nobody should get excited about a couple of small sunspots. The Sun is now in what is beginning to be known as the "Gore Minimum". Old Sol must have been upset about being ignored by all the dimwit humans who were so arrogant as to think their activity has anything to do with the climate on Earth. So he has decided to show the world who exactly is boss and what drives ALL the weather..good 'ol Sol!!

Rainfall at record levels this year in the U.S. is an indication that the cosmic ray theory of cloud formation is correct. The low sunspot and magnetic activity of the Sun has allowed a huge increase in the level of cosmic rays hitting the Earth. Cosmic rays interact with water vapor in the atmosphere forming clouds and also provide energy for lightning. Global temperatures are decreasing, cloud cover is increasing, and the last time this happened Europe turned into a deep freeze over the course of only a couple of years. As one Russian scientist said: "Buy blankets"

Except for the fact a lot of people are going to freeze to death because the Sun has decided to take a rest I think it is just hilarious that this is happening just when old weird Al Gore was attempting to fool the world into buying into his carbon credit nonsense.

The SUN Rules the climate!!

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Does anyone have any information regarding solar activity and human behaviour? I did a google search but couldn't find anything that extensive. Just brief confirmations that there is a connection. Also some study that shows some types of crime increase with low solar activity (also ability to do arithmetic calculation decreases with low solar activity). Oh and a correlation with wars. But nothing that looks in depth at how increased/decreased solar activity effects human behaviour/psychological behaviour.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368

Rainfall at record levels this year in the U.S. is an indication that the cosmic ray theory of cloud formation is correct. The low sunspot and magnetic activity of the Sun has allowed a huge increase in the level of cosmic rays hitting the Earth. Cosmic rays interact with water vapor in the atmosphere forming clouds...

Oh, really? And how does that explain the record drought in Australia?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by rnaa

Rainfall at record levels this year in the U.S. is an indication that the cosmic ray theory of cloud formation is correct. The low sunspot and magnetic activity of the Sun has allowed a huge increase in the level of cosmic rays hitting the Earth. Cosmic rays interact with water vapor in the atmosphere forming clouds...

Because it's global weather patterns man. It is still completely expected and normal to have areas experiencing drought. Even massive drought. There can be an overall increase in the average while certain areas receive less than ever before.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

The claim is higher rainfall for the US. I'd like to see the statistics for that, it's a pretty difficult thing to quantify. But even if it's true, the US is hardly large enough to indicate a global average.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Aelfrede

i found this article here -

earthchangesmedia.com...

its very interesting stuff, but maybe the subject deserves its own thread?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Redwookieaz

The claim is higher rainfall for the US. I'd like to see the statistics for that, it's a pretty difficult thing to quantify. But even if it's true, the US is hardly large enough to indicate a global average.

The claim seems to be that cosmic rays cause clouds and the higher rainfall in the US is proof.

I want to know how cosmic rays cause clouds over the US and not over Australia.

Cause I wants me some of that rain!

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redwookieaz

Originally posted by rnaa

Because it's global weather patterns man. It is still completely expected and normal to have areas experiencing drought. Even massive drought. There can be an overall increase in the average while certain areas receive less than ever before.

But the entire earth is bathed in cosmic rays. Why do cosmic rays make clouds over the US, but not over Australia?

It is a simple question that the 'cosmic ray theory of cloud creation' should be able to answer.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

thanks for that link, those articles are very interesting - not always an easy read for the layperson, but I got the gist of it. And it totally makes sense that our brains would be affected by solar activity. Yes I'd be interested to see a thread about this. I'm particularly interested right now on the effect of low solar activity on mood. I know there are many contributing factors to mood levels, but it would be interesting to know if there is a general tendency during periods of low solar activity towards low mood in humans, for instance depression, lethargy, low energy levels etc

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

Not only that, but such ignorant humans can't understand what it means that the EArth's magnetic field is now weaker, and has larger fluctuations which haven't occurred for tens of thousands of years...

These same ignorant humans, who like to blame it all on CO2, can't understand what it means that scientists have discovered that even as the Sun's activity is at the lowest, these scientists discovered that another source is warming the atmosphere of Earth, at the same time that space radiation is at an all time high since we began monitoring space weather...

That other source is not from EArth...but it is affecting Earth because the interplanetary field is weaker than it has been for a long time...

Yes NATURAL Climate Change is going to continue happening, and it seems to be getting worse because of the changes the EArth, and the Solar System, as well as the Sun, are undergoing...

But certain humans want to blame CO2, and mankind for it all meanwhile nature and the Universe laugh at the ignorant humans.

[edit on 21-11-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

Rainfall at record levels this year in the U.S. is an indication that the cosmic ray theory of cloud formation is correct. The low sunspot and magnetic activity of the Sun has allowed a huge increase in the level of cosmic rays hitting the Earth. Cosmic rays interact with water vapor in the atmosphere forming clouds and also provide energy for lightning.

Are you still here? I am still waiting for an answer to my question: if record rainfall in the US supports cosmic ray theory of cloud formation, how does record drought in Australia follow?

The entire earth is bathed in cosmic radiation. Why isn't cloud formation and therefor precipitation increased everywhere? I have no problem with the cosmic ray cloud formation hypothesis, it might just be right (but its effect on the climate change is likely to be negligable compared to other man caused forcings).

But I really need to know how you conclude that record rainfall in the US is evidence for it and ignore record drought in Australia? I thought I had a pretty reasonable grasp on the hypothesis, but clearly you know something I don't, and I really want to understand it.

new topics

top topics

join