It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are quite a few problems with "Aliens"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Those problems are true, but what we don't know we can't really judge for certain, we've had millions of years too evolve, yes, but seeing as we have prehistoric drawings of craft/aliens in stonework we also must assume that an alien race has also had many thousands or millions of earth years too perfect there technology too allow exposure too our atmosphere aswell, who knows what troubles they have? they indeed could be time travellers...but what is there too back either theory?

but its a fun thing too think about, aliens seem alot more frail than us, it could suggest they come from a much lower gravity planet, where they don't need strong legs and a back too stay upright, or they've evolved biologically, with there technology, meaning they've lost muscular tissue that they don't really need anymore, because they do everything with machine now!

there big eyes (talking about greys here) could be because they've evolved in a dark enviroment, so too capture more light.

if they are time travelers, then it seems somewhere in our future we have evolved into something that no longer looks human, grey skin, big black eyes, big head, 3 fingers, skinny legs and arms, nose slits, yeah, pretty ugly things, could abductions really be too take dna?....

are they time traveling too bring our dna into their modern day future? as some kind of repair.... who knows!!!!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
the claim that earth's atmosphere would prevent "alien" life from living here is just a theory. The universe would be made up of the same elements, granted other planets would have a different combination of gasses in the atmosphere but who is to say there are not other "humans" who require the same atmosphere as we do on another planet?

evolution is also a theory and not proven fact contrary to what scientist would have us believe.

we, as a race, would be ignorant to believe that we have not been visited in the past, are the only humans in the galaxy much less the universe and assume that our atmosphere and microbes wouldn't be similar to other planets when our science community embraces the "big bang theory" of a singular event giving birth to the universe itself.

earth has a rich and diverse culture and one simple element radiates through all cultures...God. how can humans from different sides of the planet, who never meet each other have a similar belief? What is God?

the scientific math models prove the probability of us being alone in the galaxy is nearly non-existence.

Thus, one would have to keep an open mind to not only being visited, but also being manipulated, influenced and possibly physically connected to other humans from other planets.

Once it was popular belief that the earth was flat and the sun rotated around us. That our planet was the center of the galaxy. We now know that is hardly the truth. In fact we are on the edge of the galaxy, which is nearly 200,000 light years across. We also know our planet or far from flat.

Assuming life from another planet would die from our atmosphere, and thus we are not being "visited" is the modern equivalent to believing the earth is flat.

It's also a theory that cannot be proven, for the theory itself nullifies the proof, the dead alien.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Your arguments are imo flawed in several ways, regarding the breathing issue I would recommend this paper.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric

We either have a case of of Multidimensional beings or Time Travelers
In which case...things just became that much more complicated.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by TheOneElectric]

There is another alternative. They are from Earth.

If not then the apparent hybridisation program being carried out could be a way of overcoming the difficulties you mention.

It's also possible they have been visiting for millions of years and have had time to adapt to our atmosphere.

Also, any advanced civilisation would find it fairly simple to build biological robots designed specifically for any habitat they wished to explore. Not to mention the possibility of purely machine-based civilisations.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Jackie45

the scientific math models prove the probability of us being alone in the galaxy is nearly non-existence.

And to add to this basic fact as i am about to elaborate.

The reason why it is in fact IMPOSSIBLE for us to be alone is this..

For the universe to be void of life other than what we understand "planet earth" would require life its self to be a mistake..

Now if one is to equate a mistake with the formation of then universe.. one is going to have to mathematically come up with a valid equation!.

as the poster above says and he is very correct in doing so.. one must look at the probability of this.

1 Universe
2 Life

The universe came Be for life, BUT! with in doing so created and required life in order for it " the universe" to work as a whole.. kinda like making a cup of coffe without water, you get no coffee?

So in short LIFE its self IS a requirement of the universe we find our self inside of.

Why? well its simple.. To keep the universe going, people talk about aliens that last for millions if not billions of years!!

I ask you, were do you see mankind in 1 million years from now or even a billion years?

seems some what alien does it not?

logic / critical thinking and humility is what people lack, not a bad thing but just pointing out the facts.

and this was to further the quote i posted not directed at it, but to help the OP understand more so..

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MarrsAttax

very true
look at the robots in japan made by honda, give or take few thousand years im sure they would be hard to tell from the real deal

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by game over man

good question. i guess i have no clue. but i'm sure either that a machine that travels a being across a galaxy or across dimensions would be much more complicated to understand. i just suspect time travel for the same reasons OP doubts aliens. i think if there is any kind of genetic stuff going on with alien abductions there is a high probabilty that there is a genetic connection. future humans? i don't claim to have any answers. just personally see time travel as the most likely possibility.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Nice arguments everyone

I haven't had a chance to read them all, but I will eventually. Again, just to be clear, I am not opposed to these beings having origins that involve space and intergalactic travel, I am merely bringing up the fact that some other explanations could be more plausible.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I personally believe these beings are extraterrestrial in origin. I don't believe they are from Earth (or any parallel version of it for that matter), but rather from a distant planet not in our solar system.

That's just me. And saying these beings are extradimensional...that's just a bit too "Strieber" for me.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Maybe it's their planet, they created us and we're breathing their atmosphere.

2nd line.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I am in no way stating that these crafts, beings, and civilizations do not exist. In fact, I know such things do exist, I have seen a few abnormal, no, EXTRAabnormal craft in my life time. I think we really need to step out of the safe thinking box and step into the crazy side of things:

I think to the contatrary...there is no one visiting us...

Thanks
B???

top topics

<< 1   >>

join