It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
I couldn't agree more it is 2009 not 1909 just think where we will be in another 100 years maybe we'll be the aliens another civilisation is talking about if we make it that far into the future
Originally posted by RoyalCanadian
it amazes me some people still think we are alone. i pity them.
1) Our combination of gases: Another being from another planet can not, and could not possibly breath our combination of gases.
2) Our bacteria and viruses.
3) Symmetry...bilateral to be exact
Multidimensional beings or Time Travelers
1) Our combination of gases: Another being from another planet can not, and could not possibly breath our combination of gases. Remember Oxygen is a highly corrosive gas. Nitrogen is iffy as to whether other beings can use it, and Carbon Dioxide is pretty hazardous in itself.
2) Our bacteria and viruses. We have earned the right to live here through billions of years of evolution. Billions. We started out eating other prokaryotic cells and using them as organelles to become Eukaryotic. From there, we progressed and progressed to the point where we are multicellular organisms teeming with all sorts of pathogens and germs that our body houses.
3) Symmetry...bilateral to be exact, why are all the reported cases of aliens those of bilateral physical description. Maybe it is the preferred evolutionary path, but can we seriously explain the blatant bipedalism reported as well?
I am in no way stating that these crafts, beings, and civilizations do not exist. In fact, I know such things do exist, I have seen a few abnormal, no, EXTRAabnormal craft in my life time. I think we really need to step out of the safe thinking box and step into the crazy side of things:
Each planet's formation and distance from its star is relative. Meaning that one planet will most likely be nowhere similar to the next in it's composition of gases, exposure to radiation, gravity, micro organic life, and basic chemical make up.