It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go Green... Save the World & Stop Having Kids?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Hearing about population control sometimes doesn't make sense. But could there actually be a plan to reduce the population to reduce the carbon and help reduce the "So-Called" Global Warming?

Family Planning: A Major Environmental Emphasis

CORVALLIS, Ore. – Some people who are serious about wanting to reduce their “carbon footprint” on the Earth have one choice available to them that may yield a large long-term benefit – have one less child. A study by statisticians at Oregon State University concluded that in the United States, the carbon legacy and greenhouse gas impact of an extra child is almost 20 times more important than some of the other environmentally sensitive practices people might employ their entire lives – things like driving a high mileage car, recycling, or using energy-efficient appliances and light bulbs. The research also makes it clear that potential carbon impacts vary dramatically across countries. The average long-term carbon impact of a child born in the U.S. – along with all of its descendants – is more than 160 times the impact of a child born in Bangladesh.

Maybe this is the reason why there is so much pollutants and other chemicals are added to our food system. This is also being talked about here: ATS - MEN: You are being chemically castrated

Another good article on this... where they referred to the "Family Planning" site is:
Really want to save the world? Quit having kids...

Which brings me back to the tax code: If you can get tax credits for installing energy-efficient windows and light bulbs, why can't you get a tax credit for doing something that is 40 times more green-friendly? Instead of Cash For Clunkers, we should have done Cash For Tube Tying or Cash For Vasectomy. Sterilization can cost as little as $1,600 according to Planned Parenthood, and if we offered people a tax credit of three times the cost of the operation, we could do a lot to help the planet.

But it gets worse: Not only do we not offer tax credits to people who do the environmentally-friendly thing and don't reproduce, but we actually offer tax benefits to those planet destroyers who selfishly procreate.

I ran the numbers on H&R Block's Tax Calculator, and here's how it works out:

-A single head of household with three kids who earns $60,000 will pay $1,560 in taxes.
-A single person with no kids who earns $60,000 will pay $8,450 in taxes.

This amounts to a gigantic transfer of wealth from responsible, green-friendly individuals to selfish, planet-trashing parents.

Who would have ever thought that this is something we would have to worry about in our life-time.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Why do all the educated hard working people of the World seem so intent on trying to make sure they are bred under?

If my children are some eco-crime, then the people who have no children who are planning on becoming old are economic burdens on them. I think that they should all work until 60 and do the right thing and euthanize themselves. You know, to avoid being selfish and all that.

I really do not care which ideological spectrum you enjoy living on. For religious, economic, or "climate" reasons, you have no rights to anyone elses reproductive system.

Keep your rosaries off my ovaries, and keep your climate model out of my uterus.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I had a Vasectomy were is my money. lol just remember global warming is a theory and more science proves it false everyday.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
We have without choice become prisoners to our society and behaviors and now they are telling us that because of this we have become burdens to the planet, now if that doesn't make you feel #ty I don't know what will. Isn't Al Gore making bank right now? Why are we even listening. Same scam different day.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Why do all the educated hard working people of the World seem so intent on trying to make sure they are bred under?

I really do not care which ideological spectrum you enjoy living on. For religious, economic, or "climate" reasons, you have no rights to anyone elses reproductive system.

Even you have to admit that there are far too many kids being born in certain parts of this World... low intelligence is responsible for it and 40 years from now we will have a big problem with over-population unless people stop breeding like rats!!

As i've said before on other threads... i live in a Country which is already too crowded... how long before we have problems here like in other parts of the World?

You may not believe it but the Worlds resources are dwindling fast....

[edit on 17-11-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Heh, I posted almost the same post last night(no, I'm not the writer.) Anyway, stop having kids sounds a little drastic. I'd say have one, or at most two kids, but only if you are sure you can support them(if you are still in the process of paying off the house, then you probably shouldn't have them, because in reality, that house is not yours, and you "own" it only through debt.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Well, you can have as many kids as you want, just please don't expect the government or banks to bail you out.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Remember boys and girls..Al Gore (fanfare, the angels sing, triumphant heavely host trumpet his name) says that you too can go green in the bedroom. No safe sex..too many kids. Safe sex..do you know how many thousands of years your condoms remain in a landfill? Masturbation is the new totally green way to express your sexuallity. So give a hoot, don't pollute! Self sooth your way to a new day!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Hypocrisy is bliss. He obviously doesn't follow his own advice.

Armed with Gore's utility bills for the last two years, the Tennessee Center for Policy Research charged Monday that the gas and electric bills for the former vice president's 20-room home and pool house devoured nearly 221,000 kilowatt-hours in 2006, more than 20 times the national average of 10,656 kilowatt-hours.

"If this were any other person with $30,000-a-year in utility bills, I wouldn't care," says the Center's 27-year-old president, Drew Johnson. "But he tells other people how to live and he's not following his own rules."

Scoffed a former Gore adviser in response: "I think what you're seeing here is the last gasp of the global warming skeptics. They've completely lost the debate on the issue so now they're just attacking their most effective opponent."

Kalee Kreider, a spokesperson for the Gores, did not dispute the Center's figures, taken as they were from public records. But she pointed out that both Al and Tipper Gore work out of their home and she argued that "the bottom line is that every family has a different carbon footprint. And what Vice President Gore has asked is for families to calculate that footprint and take steps to reduce and offset it."

www.thedailygreen.com...

Man made global warming is nothing more than complete BS. It's nothing but another excuse to get even more money out of us and at the same time control everything we do.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by kindred]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Even you have to admit that there are far too many kids being born in certain parts of this World... low intelligence is responsible for it and 40 years from now we will have a big problem with over-population unless people stop breeding like rats!!

As i've said before on other threads... i live in a Country which is already too crowded... how long before we have problems here like in other parts of the World?

You may not believe it but the Worlds resources are dwindling fast....

Firstly, I don't agree with you. "The Stupid People" defense is a cop out for correctly dealing with the fact that culture, lack of opportunity, and hunger have a drastic effect on human intelligence. All of which are products of incorrect management, not population.

Secondly, promoting this idea in the areas that are NOT overpopulated, and are in fact usually educated and have a population replacement deficit means that you are promoting that those already containing their reproduction should yield the field to the masses who don't.

And frankly, if you don't see that you may want to reconsider if you are in or out of the "too many stupid people" category.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by np6888
reply to post by Aeons

Well, you can have as many kids as you want, just please don't expect the government or banks to bail you out.

Great. Don't expect that your pension, old age benefits, or your services and taxes to be adjusted for inflation. Also, don't cry when your entire system of society and governance goes down the toilet because no-one can sustain it.

I don't care if your copper penny was worth a mint when you was a young hard working buck. Its worth a penny, and you can suck on it.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I could see this becoming a bigger issue.

I was watching "The Price is Right" earlier and he said to control the population, get your kids spayed or neutered.

(I hope someone gets that joke)

[edit on 17-11-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Firstly, I don't agree with you. "The Stupid People" defense is a cop out for correctly dealing with the fact that culture, lack of opportunity, and hunger have a drastic effect on human intelligence. All of which are products of incorrect management, not population.

Secondly, promoting this idea in the areas that are NOT overpopulated, and are in fact usually educated and have a population replacement deficit means that you are promoting that those already containing their reproduction should yield the field to the masses who don't.

And frankly, if you don't see that you may want to reconsider if you are in or out of the "too many stupid people" category.

So, you are refusing to acknowledge all the Facts!!

Which Countries are the ones burdened with malnutrition and disease?

Do these Countries have birth control?

Are they over-populated?

Answers on a postcard please.....

^^ This relates to point number 2

And i agree with what you say in point number 1.... isn't that what i was chatting about? I may not have put it as you put it but that's what i'm saying aswell.

And i may have a 'stupid bout' every now and then (must be something in food) but i'm definately not in the 'stupid people category'

Sooner or later people will open their eyes and see what others see

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by np6888
(if you are still in the process of paying off the house, then you probably shouldn't have them, because in reality, that house is not yours, and you "own" it only through debt.

Let's recreate man in the image of Bernanke, or maybe people who want children should move into nice affordable yurts. That way they won't need a mortgage. Land is still cheap in some places. Better still let's make usury illegal again. This alone would solve so many problems naive and overly cunning people attribute to over population.

top topics

join