It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has there ever been any paranormal reponses from suicide bombers?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I'm not sure where to put this question, here in paranormal, Consipraries In Religion or elsewhere, so please feel free to move it if need me.

I saw a programme on TV the other night discusing suicide bombers and the whole martydom and getting the virgins at the end of it thing.

I'm just curious if there has ever been any paranormal evidence of this being true.

Yes i know it's a huge stretch of the imagination for some, but i respect the fact that for some people, this is very real, so lets just go with it for discussions sake.

We hear all the time about seances being conducted, mediums contacting the dead and being about to gather information about that person.

We don't seem to hear much of what it's actualy like on the other side though. We get info about the person who is deseased, but not what they are up to in the afterlife.

So i wondered if anyone has ever been contacted and said. "Yep it's true, things are great here with my 72 virgins"?

I wonder what difference it would make if for example a suicide bomber appeared in spirit and said that there was not in fact this great life waiting for them? Would it deter others from carrying out the same act?

I guess the same goes for any God type worshipping religion, i'd imagine many believers wouldn't take any notice anyway.

Thanks for any replies, and again, no offence meant by the post, i'm just curious.

CX.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
First of all that 72 or 7 virgin story is all bs. Nowhere in the religion it actually says about any virgins from whatever little I know. If you have proof contrary to that please post here from authetic religious scriptures not some propopanda extremist website.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

No it's bunk. Just dogma.

To the op, at first I was discarding this question but I realize it's a fair one. You hear a lot about mediums contacting people who have died violently. I think a lot of them are the lost spirits they talk about. Trapped between this reality and the afterlife.

I also wondered if any contact was ever made with anyone who died in the atomic blasts in japan.

CX

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
First of all that 72 or 7 virgin story is all bs. Nowhere in the religion it actually says about any virgins from whatever little I know. If you have proof contrary to that please post here from authetic religious scriptures not some propopanda extremist website.

Thanks for the reply.

1. I know little about the subject, and i promise you it did not come from any propoganda extremist website. I've never visited such a site, nor do i intend to.

2. If you read my OP, i said it was being discussed on a programme i watched on TV. I didn't say it was true, in fact if you really want my personal opinion, i think it's BS too, but my opinion...and yours doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

3. I have no proof of what i am asking about, thats kind of why i'm asking, "Has there been evidence of it being true?".

4. To me, asking for religous scriptures as some kind of proof is akin to asking me to show you the Beano comic to prove that dogs can talk. Just because someone made it up and wrote it down, doesn't mean it's true.

Thats just me though, and i know many here will disagree with that, which is fair enough.

Thanks again for the reply though, i'll take that as a "No theres no evidence yet".

CX.

CX

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Exactly, thank you, this is exactly what i mean.

Maybe i have used the wrong example with just mentioning suicide bombers, however that is what prompted me to write the thread so thats the way i'll leave it.

Also, i know that many religions believe in the afterlife, so you'd have thought someone would have least reported something back by now. If as
December_rain suggests, it is all BS, i wonder if anyone has appeared to a loved one and said it is indeed BS?

CX.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
More reading for you.

Committing Suicide is a Major Sin: Bukhari Volume 2, Book 23, Number 445: Narrated Jundab the Prophet said, “A man was inflicted with wounds and he committed suicide, and so Allah said: My slave has caused death on himself hurriedly, so I forbid Paradise for him.” Bukhari Volume 8, Book 73, Number 73: Narrated Thabit bin Ad-Dahhak: ”And if somebody commits suicide with anything in this world, he will be tortured with that very thing on the Day of Resurrection.

It seems that Islam tales a dim view on suicide much like Christianity. Again, have to agree this 72 virgin thing is propaganda.

But let there be amongst you Traffic and trade by mutual good-will: Nor kill (or destroy) yourselves: for verily God hath been to you Most Merciful! If any do that in rancour and injustice,- soon shall We cast them into the Fire: And easy it is for God. Qur’an 4:29 – 4:30

And for where the 72 comes in,

Sunan al-Tirmidhi Hadith 2562 says: The Prophet Muhammad was heard saying: “The smallest reward for the people of Paradise is an abode where there are 80,000 servants and 72 wives, over which stands a dome decorated with pearls, aquamarine, and ruby, as wide as the distance from Al-Jabiyyah [a Damascus suburb] to Sana’a [Yemen]“

More on this line of thinking.

The Prophet said, “Nobody who dies and finds good from Allah (in the Hereafter) would wish to come back to this world even if he were given the whole world and whatever is in it, except the martyr who, on seeing the superiority of martyrdom, would like to come back to the world and get killed again (in Allah’s Cause).” (Sahih Bukhari, 4:52:53)

we just might be confusing martyrdom and suicide bombers here.

CX

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko
More reading for you.

Many thanks for that, there is so much online, you never know where to look. December-rain did make a good point that some websites may not give out the right kind of info.

we just might be confusing martyrdom and suicide bombers here.

Agreed, then i admit i thought they pretty much amounted to the same thing. Oh well, you learn something new every day.

Cheers.

CX.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

probably no responses as of yet, seeing as how they're probably in hell.

CX

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic
reply to post by CX

probably no responses as of yet, seeing as how they're probably in hell.

Good point, but it would still be nice to hear a paranormal respnce to say either way.

CX.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

No you took me wrong, I was not refuting your point but adding to your discussion that as far as I know(which is not much) there is nothing about any virgins in any religious book.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX[...]I wonder what difference it would make if for example a suicide bomber appeared in spirit and said that there was not in fact this great life waiting for them? Would it deter others from carrying out the same act?[...]

If they believe the same as many christians do, then a simple: No!
Their argument would be, that it was not a spirit from the dead, but a devil.

As for someone saying that it talks of martyrdom and not suicide bombers

@ "we just might be confusing martyrdom and suicide bombers here." Same difference IMO: Fighting for a religious cause unto death is in my eyes martyrdom.
Although I would like to add:
"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it" [Oscar Wilde Sebastian Melmoth]

I would actually be very interested in the results of a professional contacting a suicide bomber. I would take it with a pinch of salt, but it would be interesting.

BB,
Sam

[edit on 17-11-2009 by Aldolas]

CX

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

reply to post by CX

No you took me wrong, I was not refuting your point but adding to your discussion that as far as I know(which is not much) there is nothing about any virgins in any religious book.

My apologies then, and thanks for the info.

It's been a long day so i guess i jumped to conclusions too quick.

CX.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

That's kool man..no worries about it.

What I said about extremist website was because only there you will find twisted version of religious scriptures. And back on topic I have never heard of any paranormal response from any suicide bombers in the slightest.

CX

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

What I said about extremist website was because only there you will find twisted version of religious scriptures.

Aha gotcha! I understand. Yep i definately read that wrong so my fault there.

Cheers.

CX.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX

I wonder what difference it would make if for example a suicide bomber appeared in spirit and said that there was not in fact this great life waiting for them?
CX.

"don't do it fellow jihadis, only 71 virgins here"

suicide bomber speaking through medium - "YOU DRAGGED ME AWAY FROM MY VIRGINS FOR WHAT???"

summon these fellows in a seance, and things are probably going to get pretty lively

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
No, because there aren't any real suicide bombers, not in reality, in reality they're all hidden by the US government in a bunker somewhere being held against their will without reason, except the government needed patsys...period!

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
According to what spiritualists believe, after a death, a spirit (for a while) can go to different levels of existence. The better person you are, the closer to the light-source you are, the worse you were, the further away.

For example, a Hitler, according to them, would be in almost complete darkness. Incommunicado.

So by this, suicide bombers, I should think, would be incommunicado, and not really able to speak with a Medium.

(I make no claims to this. Just read it in an article re: spiritualism).

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Hm. How do you explain the many people who were killed by one of these people this very morning in Pakistan? The physician reported when he saw the bodies, he had to turn his eyes away.

Just curious.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

Hm. How do you explain the many people who were killed by one of these people this very morning in Pakistan? The physician reported when he saw the bodies, he had to turn his eyes away.

Just curious.

The government isn't stupid they know how to find the right people to say the right thing, just curious about the doctors actions, that is the dead giveaway. Nobody has ever been killed by suicide bombers it's just wartime propaganda!!!!!! And anytime I have ever seen one of these reports the person never ever looks like it affected them, they say the words, but there actions don't back them up! I mean have you ever seen even one of these witnesses cry???? REALLY????

[edit on 20-11-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Unfortunately, I think they are very real. Too real, and if fact I worry that they will show up on our own turf sooner or later.

But certainly, you are entitled to your own thinking, as are we all. It would be nice if this were true, that there was no such thing. Unfortunately the evidence doesn't support that.

(Sorry, for off topic).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join