It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Downfall of the Republican Party?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

The thing is.... The Republican party has to come to understand that the social right aint majority anymore. They are still significant but are not the majority.... There are growing voting segments they are excluding because they still think its 1960's cottonfield Alabama.... and yet the demographics has changed dramatically.... so I agree with your comment there to an extent Seiko.

Im surprised the republicans have not woken up to the Hispanic populous. The vast majority of Hispanics are very conservative in many ways, and yet why do they still fight for them as well??

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko
reply to post by HotSauce

Let me try to help you.

Stop trying to legislate morality. You are free to believe what you wish, but forcing an ideological viewpoint through law is detrimental to a free society. People can govern themselves, that was the the original idea here.

Go back to the constitution, and back to being fiscally conservative.

I agree and respect your words...

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
There are growing voting segments they are excluding because they still think its 1960's cottonfield Alabama....

The funny thing is that i'm from a cotton growing community in northern Alabama way out in the country and these young people that I speak of are from the same place, It would be crazy if my generation turned Alabama into a socially liberal power house. Though we will always stick with our fiscal conservativeness.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I think some people have the wrong idea. The Republican Party is struggling, but conservatives are actually growing in rank. A recent poll should that 60% of Americans consider themselves conservative, with moderates around 20% and liberals only 15%. The problem with the Republican Party is that it has become too liberal. Most conservatives are for smaller government, less government intrusion, less spending and a strong military. During the Bush years, none of that happened which has disillusioned a lot of the registered Republicans. However, Democrats should realize that those people are not moving toward their party, they are looking for someone to represent their values and - right now - neither party appeals to them.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17
Actually, it wasn't the party of Lincoln, back in the 1930's I think it was both of the parties did 180's on there policies

Part of the problem is that they did it again over the last 20 years; so most people seem confused when it comes to republicans/democrats, and conservatives/liberals.

Clinton's admin. balanced the budget with a surplus (which included decreasing federal bureaucracy)... a conservative?

Bush's admin. crapped on states' rights (Terri Schiavo, gay marriage, etc), went on a deficit spending spree, and oversaw the largest increase in federal bureaucracy since FDR's New Deal (Dept. Homeland Security)... a liberal?

It amazes me when people claim to be "conservatives", yet they hate Clinton and support Bush to this very day. Likewise "liberals" who hate Bush and love Clinton.

The Republican and Democratic parties are just two sides of the same dirty coin; owned by the same dirty lobbyists. "Liberal" and "Conservative", now mean little more than political slurs used against people who disagree with one's views regarding the legislation of morality, and the parties much prefer people to get caught up in those distractions while ignoring the staple policy beliefs that they used to attempt to adhere to.

[edit on 11/17/09 by redmage]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
The republican party should fail!!!! They all sit at the same table at the country club. Both parties are for the same thing---BIG GOVERMENT.
And we fall into the trap everyday. After everything that has happened the past couple of years I can say without a doubt one thing---------

Democrats= Push the policy of less rights and a progressive agenda very fast.

Republicans=Push the policy of less rights and a progressive agenda a little slower.

Put them together= The end of our country

Subjective Truth

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

Of course forcing the moderates out of the Republican party is going to hurt the party after all they are the ones who will win back the White House eventually . Currently the Republican Party is mostly made up of purely idealogical driven kooks rather then any pragmatists . Endless gay bashing and pretending to be pro life does not help someone who is struggling to pay off debts incurred via getting a higher education or someone who is recently out of work . I could go on and on but I am sure that you get the picture .

top topics

<< 1   >>

join