It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will we soon have to decided between Natural Humans & Modern Tech/Society?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Technology is advancing at an exponential rate. The next 20 years will yield twice as much technological advances than the first 20. IDs for everyone are coming, they can read and influences our thoughts. We can extend the life span and soon we might be able to extend life forever. There really doesn't seem to be any end to the things we can do. So what does this mean for our future in the next 50-80 years?

Right now I am having issues accepting this society. I don't like being told what's right and wrong, what I should or should not be doing. I don't accept government any longer, I'm rejecting their false reality or their virtual world. Now with that in mind, if this path continues I will no longer be able to participate in this society and that has a lot of implications. I love computer. I work in a PC shop and they are all I really know, but if the wrong people keep in control of our technology then I will no longer be able to accept it either. It's to much intrusion into myself. It's to controlling to be myself and I know I wont accept the future if it continues it's current path.

So will we have to decided between the life of modern technology and the natural life? Decide whether to participate in society, enjoy the new technology and life's advancements & evolution but at the cost of your privacy. You will be turning yourself over to whoever controls the tech. Conforming to governments rules and do as we're told day in and day out so that we keep their corporation running just like we do today, but with less and less control.

Or do we reject all that and leave their reality, never to participate in another aspect of it again so not to be caught up in it's loops and live a truly free life as nature(GOD) intended.

Or will things change? Will the reigns be handed over, will tech be used for good instead of evil and control?

Can both societies exist in peace and harmony? I know they can, but can we make it happen is the question...

Or are we headed towards a future where there will be no secrets.

edit for typo

[edit on 16-11-2009 by SeeingBlue]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SeeingBlue

Play Final Fantasy 7. Or look it up.

I know it sounds crazy, and it's not the best analogy, but the answer is there.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I actually have played it but I can't remember the story line.

join