It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010 - dawn of the future?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
2010 is the first year that "looks" futuristic to someone born in the 20th century. I have a feeling this will affect our consciousness in a way equal or greater than the year 2000.

what do you think?

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
From what I understand 20th century would be 1901-2000, so it would be the 21st century if what you're talking about is what I am thinking.

I myself think back to when I was born, 10 years after computers were just getting to be the norm in households and they were still.... very crappy to say the least. The coolest thing I can remember is zookeeper the game and jurassic park screensavers.

Now for people in that age group, they probably don't read up on science news but I would bet they have some very high expectations. I would, as long as tech isn't held back just to make cash.

Side note: flying cars will never go away.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Estharik
From what I understand 20th century would be 1901-2000, so it would be the 21st century if what you're talking about is what I am thinking.

I myself think back to when I was born, 10 years after computers were just getting to be the norm in households and they were still.... very crappy to say the least. The coolest thing I can remember is zookeeper the game and jurassic park screensavers.

Now for people in that age group, they probably don't read up on science news but I would bet they have some very high expectations. I would, as long as tech isn't held back just to make cash.

The interesting thing about 2010, is that it is no longer the "two thousands"/"new millennium", it's the "Tens", well into the new century. the 2000s don't feel truly futuristic because people are still used to it being the 20th century.

now, we're getting to the point that the 20th century in its entirety is well into history, even a year like 1989 is a "part of history" now.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

The interesting thing about 2010, is that it is no longer the "two thousands"/"new millennium", it's the "Tens", well into the new century. the 2000s don't feel truly futuristic because people are still used to it being the 20th century.

now, we're getting to the point that the 20th century in its entirety is well into history, even a year like 1989 is a "part of history" now.

Even the year 2008 is a part of history, where are you going with this bud?
Even the first half of 2009 is history at this point, even yesterday is history right now. A second after I post this response it in itself will be history so what are you getting at?

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by KyleOrtonArmy

Even the first half of 2009 is history at this point, even yesterday is history right now. A second after I post this response it in itself will be history so what are you getting at?

Sure, but 2008, 2005, even 1994, is basically seen as "yesterday", while 1989 is seen as a part of history in the same way the 1800s, or WW2 is. see what i mean?

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by KyleOrtonArmy

Please! Posts like this really boggle my mind. HOW DO YOU KNOW WHATS HISTORY HOW DO YOU KNOW YOURE EVEN GOING THROUGH TIME TIME IS JUST AN IMAGINARY CONCEPT IT DOESNT EXIST ADRAGHADFGDAH GARGLE GARGLE POO

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Sacrosanct

I don't know if you're being sarcastic but my team just started 6-0 and then lost 3 straight after a bye so I can't deal with your BULL!!!!!!!!!!!!1

AUUUUUUUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm emotionally drained, never get emotionally attached to a club, team, organization, or anything of the sort It will RUIN YOUR LIFE!

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
i just finished reading a most confusing book about time and i am convinced now that time doesn't exist it's all hogwash and we ought to get rid of our brains for good.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sacrosanct
i just finished reading a most confusing book about time and i am convinced now that time doesn't exist it's all hogwash and we ought to get rid of our brains for good.

Well yeah, we basically created our own time and gregorian calendar to have schedules and routines right? If it's a good read let me know, I need a good book to get my mind off the last year of unemployment, futility, and uselessness.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
it was a good book but like most sciency books i wouldn't get too caught up in the minutae of the whole thing because then you'll find yourself re-reading everything... you'll get the big message if you just read through it, though you might not understand little bits of it...

"About Time" by Paul Davies

the whole book is titled "About Time: Einstein's Unfinished Revolution"

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Sacrosanct

Noted, thank you!

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sacrosanct
it was a good book but like most sciency books i wouldn't get too caught up in the minutae of the whole thing because then you'll find yourself re-reading everything... you'll get the big message if you just read through it, though you might not understand little bits of it...

"About Time" by Paul Davies

the whole book is titled "About Time: Einstein's Unfinished Revolution"

By the way I'll have you know I was reading at a collegiate level and doing my siblings' homework when I was in first grade, don't think that because I love my football i'm one of these dumbassed rednecks who can't understand concepts or below your intelligence level. I'm a black man with a mind like a steel trap.

top topics

join