It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do aliens see

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

How do aliens see

Hello

I often wonder do Aliens see the same light spectrum as we do, or they see much more than us..let me explain...

The human sight

Sight is the human body's primary sense - its main way of gaining information. Two thirds of the mind's conscious attention is taken up by what the eye sees and two thirds of the information stored in the brain has come in by way of vision - pictures, written words other visual stimuli. The human eye is an amazing little machine - one that transforms light rays into images that can be processed for their informational content. We offer a wide variety of anatomical models of the human eye. They provide everything from an introduction to vision to how the eye works. Some are perfect for grade school students, but others are more suitable for medical schools and hospitals that need greater detail. They are very useful for patient education and are essential to ophthalmology.

www.hhmi.org...

Vision is a complicated process that requires numerous components of the human eye and brain to work together. The initial step of this fascinating and powerful sense is carried out in the retina of the eye. Specifically, the photoreceptor neurons (called photoreceptors) in the retina collect the light and send signals to a network of neurons that then generate electrical impulses that go to the brain. The brain then processes those impulses and gives information about what we are seeing. In this unit we will investigate the initial steps in the process of vision. We will discover how the photoreceptors work, and will specifically examine at the photoreceptor proteins to learn how light energy is converted into electrical energy. Additionally, we will examine some of the current studies that are helping to further our understanding of the proteins involved in the vision process.

www.einsteins-emporium.com...

we see only small fragment of light spectrum

i wonder if Grays see much more with their much bigger eyes?

do they see us like this?

so do they see much more than we do?

thanks

[edit on 15-11-2009 by deejayiwan]

[edit on 15-11-2009 by deejayiwan]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
You left out the idea of aliens perhaps being "blind".

And everyone leaves out the possibility of them also being "stupid".

Not poking fun...just always noticed how people make human assumptions on things defined as "alien".

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
you have a point there

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
This is an excellent question; I wish I had the answer!

However, rather than assuming alien life forms see we should consider the more basic question you are wondering: how do alien life forms perceive? After all, sight is just one form of perception.

Incidentally, perception governs intelligence (I won't delve into a technical explanation at this time). If the alien life forms you are considering are of superior intelligence then it is necessary that their perception would be superior as well. If aliens of superior intelligence can see as we define it then we can safely conclude that it is of a much greater scope and depth than our own. If not, we can safely conclude they have another perception that also exceeds our own.

I'm interested to see where this discussion goes.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I'm not advocating nor denying the existence of aliens in this post but I find it interesting and have read quite a bit on the subject.

I've been thinking about alien eyesight but on a more basic level.

There is a great deal of information on what aliens supposedly look like. Most seem to see the big eyed aliens with deep black extended or wraparound type glassy eyes.

The next group seems to look the same but they have smaller, more human eyes that blink and have irises.

A lesser known but widely reported phenomena is that humans often suffer from a state known as conjunctuvitis after seeing alien craft at close range. I haven't found a source of data that states these were primarily from an infection or if it was from UV exposure. The same symptoms occur in UV exposure that stems from snow blindness or unprotected vision at extreme heights.

My idea (which is likely to have been thought of before) is that the aliens with the big eyes are actually wearing some type of prosthetic protective lenses -possibly with vision enhancing properties- that protect them from the very light exposure that their craft give out and cause conjunctivitis in humans.

I don't think the big eyed aliens are actually big eyed, I think they are wearing shades.

If this is the case, then the more human eyed aliens may be very close physically to how we see.

Just a theory.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by badgerprints]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
i also wonder...good question...
how many colors do they see? 16million like us? more? less? no colors at all?

do they see into other dimensions? how do they see in the dark?
anyone have answers? im curious...i would assume the greys see better in dark then humans?

[edit on 15/11/09 by Cybernet]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Is it possible they peep through their curtains.....
I honestly feel they are in and out of wormholes. They have discovered the essence of travel and can become the proverbial neighbourhood watch...
Dip in and out and quite possibly dip in and out of earth. I have a strong feeling we have a black hole within our world which they slip in and out of.

My opinion

Or a white hole.....dimension extension

[edit on 15-11-2009 by flylead]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by deejayiwan
I often wonder do Aliens see the same light spectrum as we do, or they see much more than us..let me explain...

Here is some perspective...Dolphins "See" with Audio.

Because of the different mediums that dolphins and whales evolved in, their brain is better attuned to sound frequency...since water tends to "muddy" up the visual sense.

Likewise, humans have a very strong visual sense relative to dolphins and whales because their evolved environment 'encourages' light frequencies.

It's really a matter of physics in this case...

So in answer to your question...aliens may or may not see better than us. It is likely they see differently than we do...but the determination of such is dependant on their default environment.

Hope this helps...

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Hmm, this has got me thinking now.

I would think that becuase they are described to have such large eyes they would be able to see in the dark... Like owls.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
It depends on what they adapt to in their environment. Should infra-red vision be successful on their planet, then maybe it's possible.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I for one know that aliens see smells.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
How would anyone know? Since we can't even prove they exist, how would anyone know how they see? Of course we could speculate but first we need to speculate that they exist(I do believe), but that's a lot of speculation. Since we are speculating I would say the see the same as we do with the possibility of seeing the Infrared Spectrum. I believe the this because they are (according to witnesses) very similar in physiology to us. Having said that, it goes without saying that they are far more technologically advanced than us and therefore more than likely they are more evolutionarily advanced than us. Just speculation and that alone has it's problems...

LifENcircleS

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Their "eye" isn't just an eye. It's an organ of another kind of perception humans don't have, except in a very primitive devlopment. The best we know about it is it has something to do with their ability to communicate without using spoken words.

Also, there is a "contact lens" that covers the eye, for various reasons. It's part of their interface with their technology, and it provides something which you could say is analogous to a heads-up display. It's also capable of optical effects, such as adjustment of brightness levels which are out-of-range for what their eyes are capable of tolerating, multi-spectral visualization, and magnification.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
An alien may or may not see any better than your or I in this environment, but if they see worse than us here I suspect we would see worse than them on their home planet.

Obviously, for evolutionary reasons their senses had to be able to allow them the ability to properly observe their natural environment in order to interact with it constructively.

Of course, there is always the possibility that they have mastered their biology to the point where they have altered their ability to perceive with advanced electronics of biologic. Who knows...but fun to imagine for sure!

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
The Ones I Know (Meet With On A Weekly Basis) See with a Mix of Visible Light Spectrum (Degree) and infa-red thermal imaging enhancement lenses (eye builders)

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Its possible they could see with "feelers"... could be...

My two cents.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

seriously? I mean really, to master time space, and travel as far as they allegedly do with the craft that they either invented, or over took, that pretty much rules out the possibility of idiocy. thats like asking if Bill Gates is a downs syndrome patient. wow

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifENcircleS
How would anyone know? Since we can't even prove they exist, how would anyone know how they see? Of course we could speculate but first we need to speculate that they exist(I do believe), but that's a lot of speculation. Since we are speculating I would say the see the same as we do with the possibility of seeing the Infrared Spectrum. I believe the this because they are (according to witnesses) very similar in physiology to us. Having said that, it goes without saying that they are far more technologically advanced than us and therefore more than likely they are more evolutionarily advanced than us. Just speculation and that alone has it's problems...

LifENcircleS

You Humans are truly rich! It seems that all you want to do in regard to alien life is speculate. I've offered proof, and you ignore it, prefering to speculate on how "disturbed" I am or something. In any case, I still offer you proof, under the conditions set forth on my website (see link below). All you have to do is pony up...the truth is waiting.

By the way...I seem to see better in the dark than humans, though in normal light I'm kind of near-sighted.

Etharzi od Oma.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by AnthraAndromda]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RestingInPieces

Your avatar is beautiful , I love it , please where did you find such a graven and touching image?

top topics

join