It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living Long and Healthy

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by Rawhemp

Well sure, but even nonrefined sugar is bad if you take in too much of it. And taking in too much is very easy to do.
A single slice of wonderbread contains all the sugar you should require in a single day, unless I'm mistaken.

Wonder bread is made from refined grains
. Non refined sugar=fruit, fruit is never bad in quantity.

Fyi one slice of wonderbread won't provide you with all your carb needs unless you like running on ketosis and sit around all day on your fat ass

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Is this supposed to prove something? you don't look that healthy too me, I'm sure you have all kinds of digestion problems as well.

Do you take 3-4 large bowl movements a day? your not healthy if you don't. Do you ever get sick? your not healthy if you do.

Fyi atkins diet is absolutely retarded, i bet you have trouble with any sort of endurance activity.

Sorry if this post sounds like a personal attack but i'm just stating the facts

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
rawhemp may i ask what type of raw lifestyle you adhere to? Fruitarianism, raw vegan, paleolithic etc? Just curious.

No offence to you rawhemp but i never come across a raw foodist who gets abit arsenal with nutrition, we should not bash our uninformed friends here. I feel the best way to get the word across is with more kindness and less bashing of food habits.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Applesandoranges
rawhemp may i ask what type of raw lifestyle you adhere to? Fruitarianism, raw vegan, paleolithic etc? Just curious.

No offence to you rawhemp but i never come across a raw foodist who gets abit arsenal with nutrition, we should not bash our uninformed friends here. I feel the best way to get the word across is with more kindness and less bashing of food habits.

I follow 80/10/10 but more like 90/5/5, not bashing anyone by the way just stating facts

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The comparisons are pretty clear in my eyes.
The link I gave in the thread-opener should lead you to many articles written by the same men in which they analyze the diets of people the world around who live to great ages in wonderful health.

None of the people in these cultures are vegans.

Not saying that there is anything wrong with being a vegan, or a rawfoodist, or what have you.

All I'm saying is that there is a common blueprint for long life.

It was outlined in the foods I gave in the initial post of this thread.

"If you don't have 3-4 bowel movements a day you are unhealthy"

"If you don't ever get sick you are unhealthy"

Have a good one, guys.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

The comparisons are pretty clear in my eyes.
The link I gave in the thread-opener should lead you to many articles written by the same men in which they analyze the diets of people the world around who live to great ages in wonderful health.

None of the people in these cultures are vegans.

Not saying that there is anything wrong with being a vegan, or a rawfoodist, or what have you.

All I'm saying is that there is a common blueprint for long life.

It was outlined in the foods I gave in the initial post of this thread.

"If you don't have 3-4 bowel movements a day you are unhealthy"

"If you don't ever get sick you are unhealthy"

Have a good one, guys.

Hopefully this can confirm that one of the longest living people are the hunzas who only ate 1% animal products:
www.essentialoilcookbook.com...

The Hunza people live in the Kashmir Valley and are known for their extreme longevity. They live up to 120 or 140 years of age and the main cause of death is old age or diseases or poverty; not degenerative disease like in the West. Their diet contains extremely few animal products. Animal products contain saturated fat and are directly implicated in a variety of diseases which shorten the life span (osteoporosis, cancer, gout, kidney stones and kidney diseases, rheumatoid arthritis, heart disease, colon diseases to name just a few). Also, eating meat raises blood cholesterol and blood albumin and the higher these two are, the higher the risk of heart disease, cancer, diabetes etc.

The traditional Hunza diet, on which The Essential Oil Cookbook is based, consists of unprocessed whole foods rich in fiber; 40% calories from whole grains, 30% calories from vegeables, 15% from fruits, 10% beans, 4% nuts/seeds and only 1% from animal products. The Hunzas ate 80% of their vegetables and 100% of their fruit raw. They consumed 10-15% of total calories from fat and were never obese. Theirs was a low fat diet. These people did not need a weight-loss program - they already had it!

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rawhemp

Originally posted by Applesandoranges

I follow 80/10/10 but more like 90/5/5, not bashing anyone by the way just stating facts

Ahh yes i ordered that book and still have not gotten around to reading it.

Fruit sugars only seem to have detrimental affects in large quantities when its eaten with a SAD(standard American diet) or with too much fat or bad fats. Since fat helps sugar stay in the bloodstream for longer periods of time.

Once again im sorry if i came across abit rude.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by Applesandoranges]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Last time i checked we weren't born with stoves attached to us, cooking food destroys food and leads to nothing beneficial. Every animal, including humans, is born with all means to support them selves.

www.iol.ie...

read and learn

[edit on 16-11-2009 by Rawhemp]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
longevity.about.com...

And now to the hunza cousins the vilcamba residents live long lives with no animal products whatsoever. Similar lifespan to the hunzas.

longevity.about.com...

What Do They Eat?:

Vegetables picked fresh from the garden, eaten the same day. They also eat fruits right off the trees. Whole grains, seeds and nuts are also part of the Vilcabamba diet. There are almost no animal products to be found in their diet and no packaged or preprepared food.
Do They Exercise?:

There is nothing like exercise as we know it in the Vilcabamba culture -- their daily lives are filled with hiking up the slopes to harvest foods, cleaning, cultivating vegetables and picking fruits. There is no such thing as formal exercise, but rather a life full of activity.
How Are the Elderly Treated?:

Wonderfully. Aging is seen as a grace and people are given more respect as they grow older. It is said that the Vilcabamba actually look forward to getting old, to become more mature and growing as a person.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Then there is the bama residents who also have long life spans like the hunzas and they eat very little to no meat at all

www.chinavista.com...

The main food of the Bama people is yellow corn, beans, potatoes, vegetables and the oil produced from tea-oil trees. These plants and food have many trace elements and more vitamins, carotene, and minteral elements than the plants produced in other places. Probabley that's one of the reasons for people's long lives.

The poster of this thread made a great correlation about the gardens. So the key is to eat from your own garden. Another book that explains the healing power of having your own garden is in the "ringing cedars books"

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

n the “Ringing Cedar Series” of books, by Vladimir Megrè, Anastasia stated: "Every seed you plant contains within itself an enormous amount of information about the Universe….. Through the help of this data the seed knows the exact time……. when it is to come alive, grow - what juices it is to take from the Earth, how to make use of the rays of the celestial bodies ­the Sun, Moon and stars, what it is to grow into, what fruit to bring forth. These fruits are designed to sustain Man's life. More power­fully and effectively than any manufactured drugs of the present or future, these fruits are capable of counteracting and withstanding any disease of the human body. But to this end the seed must know about the human condition. So that during the maturation process it can satiate its fruit with the right correlation of substances to heal a spe­cific individual of his disease, if indeed he has it or is prone to it.” Chapter 11 Book 1

One of the reason the food is called "RAW" rather then fresh from the garden and tree is because its not only not cooked but emphasises on the part that you eat from natural selection and straight. To some people "Raw" sounds scary as they think its everything you eat is (SAD)raw, even meat. It would be assumed this is like what a hunter and gatherer would do. But ther eis no hunting of animals involved there is a certain amount of labour in growing your own food and gathering but mostly it is eaten as soon as picked and any amount or time you want to eat. There is no wildness about it just natural selection.

The non extreme version of this diet is what Natalia Rose advocates with some meat:
www.therawfooddetoxdiet.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Rawhemp

LOL I'm up having climbed to 11,000 feet in that picture, i'm 40 years old with perfect...frankly better skin than that infomercial guy in the video... and your going to diss me and say for my age and what i'm doing I don't look good and i'm not healthy?

Throw some random comment out, a complete assumption that is false that i have digestive issues...

Give me a break...

You have an agenda and your not supporting truth or science...

Posting infomercials where they take there best people my age and frankly concretely i'm in as good or better shape and your going to insult me and deny it just to prove your point, which in the end is a personal AGENDA?

Everyone with half a Brain can see the truth, one of those guys was obviously heavy into dope in his 20's to look at him... and the other is equipped with hair extensions, creamed up to tighten his skin, hits the Tan booth, and you know has that skinny going on... so he looks alright....

But I'd run an Ironman Tomorrow...120 Mile Bike 36 mile run, 2.5 mile swim and I guarantee that Infomercial boy can't finish it and I can... For Money a bet I would gladly do it.... but he;d never go toe to toe and back the claim up... Because he's busy doing infomercials and before and after photos...

Anyone in marketing knows that game... and only a fool would believe that there wasn't other factors... like quitting dope or a tanning bed, personal trainer...

It's bs...then go forward and make money .... gotta wonder how many juice machines and diet books he sells a year...

But at same age if he went into the Octagon with me i'd kill him in under 5 minutes because he has no genuine aggression on that diet...

Insults? I'd wreck that guy in any competition, except maybe basketball cus I have no game lol...

FRAUD

PLEASE bro... gimme a break and take your Vegan agenda and stick it where the sun don't shine, because I'll go toe to toe against any vegan my age athletically and rock their world because it's a load of Crap

Go list a weight loss clinic on Craigs list dude that's what this unscientific nonsense is good for... eating only veggies won't magically transform you without a slew of other methods employees also...

If you want to save Animals for moral reason SAY SO...

That i can't argue with... it's ethically sound...

But don't make crap up and try to insult people or make up nonsense that's not true and insinuate because i'll physically dust most vegans and it's not a miracle diet by itself....

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Mopus if you think it looks like an informercial you would be right because Markus is actually a filmmaker.

This is the guy you say is on dope, maybe he eats alot of hemp seeds: The reason i think he has dark circles under his eyes is possibly because he may be eating too much fruit that keeps his body awake as it gives loads fof energy. His website shows he is a professional athlete so would not know if he can do the things you do.
www.rawmatt.com...

If you want scientific evidence for raw nutrition is on pubmed.

raw foodist naturally tan without burning. Early morning sun for the vitamin d is vital for raw foodists.

Upclose picture or Markus, the only fakeness and improving he done to himself is his hair and he speaks of why in some of his videos.

Looks like a real tan to me and maybe lots of beta carotene from certain vegetables such as carrots.

Not only that his heart speaks a thousand words for his health. Aggressive? hmm talk about the old world news.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I have no agenda, anyone can see by your pic that your not the picture of health. Good luck doing on iron man on the atkins diet, you can talk all you want but its just that talk. Your picture doesn't show much but you clearly look over weight.

My dad who is 54 and eats a bunch of bull# cooked food looks healthier then you.

Eating veggies won't do #, but a diet of fruits, vegetables and a healthy exercise routine will make anyone a rock star..

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rawhemp

I have no agenda, anyone can see by your pic that your not the picture of health. Good luck doing on iron man on the atkins diet, you can talk all you want but its just that talk. Your picture doesn't show much but you clearly look over weight.

My dad who is 54 and eats a bunch of bull# cooked food looks healthier then you.

Eating veggies won't do #, but a diet of fruits, vegetables and a healthy exercise routine will make anyone a rock star..

If thats true then he can benefit from this video:

Sorry i LOVE raw Matt he is a great friend!

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Rawhemp

You and that other have an agenda that glares through.
I tried to correspond to any willing listeners a diet that will allow them to live a healthy and long life.

Apparently the fish part of the diet is something you guys disagree with.
You both go on to ridicule someone who responds to this thread suggesting that you can do with even more than that, only if consumed in moderation.

Whatever you wish, but I would rather continue the discussion without your input.
And the troll you brought with you. If you don't mind.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Considering we are speaking of "raw matt" I would ask you folks to look at my avatar pic... Or any of my pics on my media profile...

Honestly, I would throw "raw matt" off a cliff..

But I'm allowing you nitwits to drag me off topic.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

reply to post by Rawhemp

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that all our oceans, rivers and lakes are heavily polluted. If ingesting toxic substances is your thing then by all means eat all the fish you want

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Rawhemp

You and that other have an agenda that glares through.
I tried to correspond to any willing listeners a diet that will allow them to live a healthy and long life.

You both go on to ridicule someone who responds to this thread suggesting that you can do with even more than that, only if consumed in moderation.

Whatever you wish, but I would rather continue the discussion without your input.
And the troll you brought with you. If you don't mind.

JayinAR i trully find that very offensive. I do the research and present the facts.

If you or others cannot handle that there is other information out there other then the mainstream bubble you live in then i cannot help you.

Deny ignorance!

I have not ignored anything that was presented. I was a meat eater heavilly. Im eastern European you might have lots of things in common with my people as they are heavily into meat.

I opened my eyes from the mainstream propaganda and i broke away from it. After my illness the only thing that helped was definately raw.

If there were not other awakened people out there to teach this i would have died a second death.

There is no agenda behind what i wrote. I do give different angles to what mainstream teaches to help people understand.

If you dont like this tough.

I and rawhemp are 2 different entities with 2 different philosphies he is basically fruitarian and i'am raw food veggie.

I dont like it when people lie and dont research in order to put your agenda forth. I presented the misrepresentations that mopus indicated in his replies/arguments.

I have a right to state my claim thankyou very much. Unfortunately there are other raw food people members of this site. I do not know rawhemp but im here for different reasons thankyou very much.

How rude and im very offended. Im a real person.

Your anger and attitude towards me shows that your diet is one of aggressiveness.

There is a saying that you ingest that part of the animals etheric emotions such as fear that it endured before its death. This is in in most part why i believe meat eaters are aggressive and angry people like i used to be.

But when the time comes for when i need to stick up for myself and not let others walk all over me shows my spirit is strong and not weak and small minded.

<< 1    3 >>

join