It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tripolar world--Rebalancing Global Power.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch
reply to post by desert

Besides, the US Navy heavily patrols around Tiawan to prevent any Chinese aggression. Right now China's navy is far too small to pose much of a threat to Tiawan. Navy's take a long time to build so that eventuality is a long way off.

True.
However China has been spending on and building up their military. Nobody should be fooled by nay Sayers who spout that China has no interests outside their borders. It's only a matter of time of "if and when" their interests abroad are threatened or in jeopardy.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/175e65a775c5.gif[/atsimg]

The result of this good old boy, political allotment of loan system is that many loans are non productive and essentially defunct in real terms. A business may have a lot of money coming in but the money doesn't pay the bills. The Chinese try to hide it but the figure is 20 to 25% of GDP!

I think the large Chinese balance of payments is what is keeping China in positive territory for now. A lot of money in, little margin for error and a small downturn is what will bring them down.

Then several things can happen.

The US was honestly way overdue for an economic adjustment. They put it off for too long and this only added to the severity of this downturn. Recessions are cyclical. Every 8 to 12 years there is normally a healthy readjustment. This time however things were much worse.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c0c7547c58e1.png[/atsimg]

As far as China's Mythical 8% growth. Too much of that has been artificially padded. This has opened the door to bubbles and potential issues in the next few years or sooner. [Massive Inflation] etc. What they are hoping for is the global economy to grow again so that they can offset what they have already spent and most likely will loose when the speculations end and off set it with real business growth when the US and West economies start to grow in earnest.

Because the US and West have spent relatively small amounts on Stimulus when compared to China, our economies will show solid growth all be it smaller and slower than previous recoveries. We will have reduced the [FLUFF] So when I see these charts comparing the US vs China's growth rate I take them with a grain of salt.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4e9ca2abdab4.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Obama, Hu Secure Outline for Cooperation
"It is paradoxical," said Richard Baum, professor of Chinese politics at the University of California, Los Angeles. "The press conference confirmed every low expectation we had for the meeting, but when I saw the statement, I said, wait a minute, are we talking about the same event? It is the most extensive document in 20 years, maybe ever."
video

This bifurcated view was reflected in how U.S. officials themselves described the trip. Jeffrey Bader, the National Security Council's senior director of East Asian policy, said the trip was a success but characterized it as merely "an important first step."

Some feel Obama makes Carter look like a tiger.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

However China has been spending on and building up their military. Nobody should be fooled by nay Sayers who spout that China has no interests outside their borders. It's only a matter of time of "if and when" their interests abroad are threatened or in jeopardy.

This comparison of military strength, China Military Strength, puts China in the #2 position just ahead of Russia.

NAVY Total Navy Ships: 760 Merchant Marine Strength: 1,822 [2008] Major Ports and Harbors: 8 Aircraft Carriers: 1 [2010] Destroyers: 21 [2004] Submarines: 68 [2004] Frigates: 42 [2004] Patrol & Coastal Craft: 368 [2004] Mine Warfare Craft: 39 [2004] Amphibious Craft: 121 [2004]

A respectable Navy!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

They have been doing a lot of research. They even have a mock Nimitz class aircraft carrier built near a lake some say to train navy seamen. The real purpose?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/38b7e6d99572.jpg[/atsimg]
Chinese Aircraft Carrier — Revealed

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
i dont claim to know everything there is to know about money but what i do know

is that both the us and china depend on money they are each others cash cows i look at it like this

its all about the money both do everything in their powers to inject cash into the economies via whatever way seems to be the most effective at the time.

the us buys chinese products where the consumer buys them and that makes china money but that also means the government makes money and chinese companies make money and the government there makes money.

right now china has gotten the better end of the deal and yes currency manipulation happens on both ends we have a trade deficit with them which means they are selling more here than we are there.

with a continue push to pump cash into those system there is but one outcome the gravy train isnt going to last forever.....

crap lost my train of thougt sorry:p

top topics

<< 1   >>

join